Sign in to follow this  
TP_Fritz

Check Zones vs Complex Triggers in crowded airspace

I'm working on a multiplayer mission, and have a situation that I'm trying to create where an AI group of planes flies through a zone and fires a Trigger that launches a flare.  Fairly simple.

The problem, however, is that being a multiplayer mission, if I use a Check Zone it's quite possible that players will fly through the Check Zone area and trigger it before it's supposed to be triggered.  There's no way to be sure that the players can't trip the trigger and yet still keep it within easy visual range (so the players can see the flares).  To make things even more complicated, the AI group of planes are the same plane type as the players (MiG3s in this case).

The only way I've found around this is to use a Complex Trigger and set it up to fire only when the specific named AI plane flies through it (using the Complex Trigger's "Object Names List" option).  I generally try to avoid using Complex Triggers whenever possible in multiplayer missions, but in this case I haven't been able to figure out how to get this to work without one.  Does anyone else have an idea how to get this to work just using a Check Zone or Proximity Trigger by chance?

Edited by TP_Fritz

You can object-link check zone triggers to individual planes. In your case, simply link to the AI planes. 

Well - once again that teaches me to read JimTM's manual more closely... I seem to have missed that info in there.  Thanks Coconut!

Salutations,

Have you heard of the myth of a upcoming manual update?  I have heard it whispered about in ever so hushed tones.

It is indeed probably just a myth. ☹️

27 minutes ago, Thad said:

Salutations,

Have you heard of the myth of a upcoming manual update?  I have heard it whispered about in ever so hushed tones.

It is indeed probably just a myth. ☹️

Check it out with the Myth Busters.

Unfortunately, RL stuff has more of my attention right now, so the manual work is in the back seat for awhile.

Real Life? Bah.. it is highly overrated. 😀