PatCartier

WWI Skins: PatCartier's Pot-Pourri

Hi all FC's simers,

I've already shared my skins in another thread but I'm not sure that all of you are looking for WWI skins in the Great Battles forum. So I post there too.

N.B. : my skins are not in the GCF's bundle. It's my choice. But it's easy to download them at Axis and allies paintworks downloads page or click on the banner below >

ACES OF SPAD COLLECTION

Collection of skins of Spad XIII flown by some aces. Are included generic or wingmen skins too. All are as historical as I could...

coIHA74.jpg

0kcthl1.jpg

90kju0j.jpg

5k6VK1E.jpg

GVlyQ6O.jpg

v1ueJUU.jpg

81exJEl.jpg

bQqjzFh.jpg

zEUuywm.jpg

u7btMJI.jpg

xm873aN.jpg

0gBYciE.jpg

6smORVz.jpg

5ZReyNx.jpg

hFRN25k.jpg

Edited by PatCartier
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 6

First post edited because a  2nd version of Paul Montange skinpack is now available.

S!

• Thanks 2

Is it possible to offer the skins in normal Zip files? RAR is a proprietary paid application. I think 7-Zip is a free application and can uncompress RAR files, but it is one more bloatware in the OS that will probably never be used again.

Great skins by the way.

1 minute ago, ZachariasX said:

7-Zip works well for uncompressing rar and it is free.

I mentioned 7-Zip, but it then becomes bloatware, since I will most likely never use it again. I had these freeware way back in the day, but I don’t recall using it for some years now. Everything comes in Zip format.

1 minute ago, SeaW0lf said:

I mentioned 7-Zip, but it then becomes bloatware, since I will most likely never use it again. I had these freeware way back in the day, but I don’t recall using it for some years now. Everything comes in Zip format.

Bloatware? It is a 1 Mb download?

1 minute ago, ZachariasX said:

Bloatware? It is a 1 Mb download?

One more line of code in your system. And it is not just one. If you install everything, if becomes a couple of dozen of these things. And then you have to install a cleaner, and so on so forth.

• Haha 1

If that rather defined piece of code is a worry to you, then windows updates must be a nightmare...

But I do like your thinking.

• Upvote 1

Downloaded all 9 files from your link for future use.

Splendid work and much appreciated.

Mike.

1 hour ago, SeaW0lf said:

One more line of code in your system. And it is not just one. If you install everything, if becomes a couple of dozen of these things. And then you have to install a cleaner, and so on so forth.

If you're that worried about a miniscule program clogging up your PC, I can only imagine how poorly configured it is. 

1 hour ago, PatCartier said:

So you can shoot them with a P47or a K4^^

I was thinking more of an EE Lightning or Harrier, Pat.  😂  😂

Mike.

The next one will be Maurice Blayau's Spad XIII.

He was one of the top french scorer - which is rare for a capitaine, monopolized by administrative burdens and the leadership of the wing and a great sportsman, playing rugby with the XV de France and a great football player too;

jVh8sP0.jpg

znUzoTf.jpg

Edited by PatCartier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Airborn !

xm873aN.jpg

Ace of Spad, volume 11

One 4k skin of Spad XIII flown by Capitaine Maurice Boyau, Spa 77, 35 sure wins (included 21 drachens), 2 probable wins.
+ one skin of Spad XIII #5 of Spa 77, unknown pilot.
ykvAAlE.png 

DOWNLOAD

Edited by PatCartier
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

A rugby playing Spad ace! My 'go to' back-up skin for sure. Thanks

Edited by US103_Baer

Thanks a lot.

I just see that the brown color has disappeared on the #5 of spa 77.🤪

>I will upload a 2nd version asap.

vXxtx9M.jpg

DOWNLOAD

• Thanks 1

Outstanding would be an Understatement,  Just Bought FC found these skins Very Nice work look great in Game... Thank You.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Pavel Vladimirovich Argueiev was born in Yalta (Russia) on March 1, 1887. He enters the military academy of Odessa where he leaves lieutenant and is sent to Paris where he is when the war breaks out.
He received the command of a company in November following being promoted to the rank of captain and will be distinguished during the attack on Vauquois which will be worth a quote to the order of the army dated December 28, 1914. Several times wounded in battle, he was decorated with the Knight's Cross of the Legion of Honor on May 2, 1915, and, recognized as unfit for infantry combat following his wounds, volunteered to join the aeronautical service on July 22 July 1915.
He then leaves France for Russia where he will join the 19th Korpusnoi Aviatsionniy Otryad (KAO) on October 20, 1916, led by Russian aces Alexander Kozakov, and will reveal himself as a particularly talented hunter since will get 6 aerial victories between the months of January and June 1917.
But the Bolshevik seizure of power in December 1917 made his position difficult as a former officer of the Tsarist army. He then decided to leave the country and managed to reach France on April 4, 1918, where he was assigned to the squadron SPA 124 integrated GC 21 where he becomes a staff officer.
( excerpt from this article > http://www.as14-18.net/Argueeff-d )

Airborn !

0gBYciE.jpg

Ace of Spad, volume 12

Two 4k skin of Spad XIII flown by Capitaine Paul d'Arguéeff, Spa 124, 9 sure wins, 1 probable win.
One of the skin shows the squadron emblem painted on the white stripe. There is no known photograph of aircraft number 19 with the emblem but it was painted on all aircraft in June 1918.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by PatCartier
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Thnx Pat for another historical SPA124 skin

Posted (edited)

Airborn !

6smORVz.jpg

Ace of Spad, volume 13

One 4k skin of Spad XIII flown by Sergent André Dubonnet, Spa 3, 6 sure wins, 3 probable wins.
+ one skin of Spad XIII #3 of Spa 3, flown by Tadija Sondermajer (Serbia), 1 sure win, as a wingman of Dubonnet.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by PatCartier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Airborn !

5ZReyNx.jpg
        Ace of Spad, volume 14

One 4k skin of Spad XIII #21 flown by Sergent Franck Baylies (USA), Spa 3, 12 sure wins.
+ one skin of Spad XIII #9 of Spa 3, a fictive one, to form a patrol.
HmUvlgT.jpg

DOWNLOAD
Edited by PatCartier
  • Like 4

hFRN25k.jpg
        Ace of Spad, volume 15

One 4k skin of Spa XIII flown by Lieutenant Benjamin Bozon-Verduraz, Spa 3, 10 sure wins, 1 probable win.
+ one fictionnal skin of Spad XIII #10 to form a patrol.

DOWNLOAD

http://www.as14-18.net/Bozon-Verduraz :

Bozon-Verduraz was born on May 29, 1889 in the Savoy district of Saint-Etienne de Cuines, where his father, future mayor of the village, is the greatest notorious of the Maurienne valley since he owns there an important pasta factory. modern operating thanks to the electricity produced by a power plant built on the nearby river.

xqxoVvW.jpg

He volunteers for aviation where he is accepted on September 24, 1915. He will leave the C 11 in May 1917 to be instructed to pilot fighter planes, then will be assigned in the Aisne to the prestigious elite squadron of the French fighter, the SPA 3 where steals the ace George Guynemer. The review of the flight diary of the squadron shows the aggression in action of Benjamin Bozon-Verduraz: frequently flying two missions a day, he multiplies clashes with enemy aviation. It is first assigned to low patrols reserved for beginners and to be used as bait for German hunting, but by the end of July it flies in high patrols. Promoted to the rank of second lieutenant on July 11, 1917, he won the trust of Guynemer while SPA 3 won Flanders. The latter took him as a teammate during several missions including that of September 11, 1917 where Guynemer disappears in battle by attacking a tandem while Bozon-Verduraz was facing enemy hunters. Brocard, the commander of GC 12 to which is attached the SPA 3, will have very harsh words against Bozon-Verduraz, as reported by a witness, the pilot André Dezarrois: "Guynemer is not there. Why are you coming back? He also testifies: "I wondered if, in the weeks that followed, he did not seek to be killed in combat, after a period of prostration that left him as crushed. While Guynemer's death is confirmed by the Germans, a squadron comrade, Ace Risacher describes Bozon-Verduraz as a pilot "taking insane risks" in an attempt to redeem himself.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1