Jason_Williams

1CGS Attending Flight-Sim Expo 2019!

21 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

It is just NOT FAIR.

Sorry for a long post, but really now.  Jason stay strong and Godspeed on your return.

😂 I don’t know why but I get the feeling you are a pessimist haha. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CUJO_1970 said:

* As a side point, read about history of 262, many of the pilots IRL had very very little training on it before flying it.

True that. And many were former bomber pilots.

7 minutes ago, JG77-FluGb0t- said:

**video**

Even though I entirely love everything going on about the 262. Those external sounds are near silent. Totally let down in the sound quality department from the exterior for me. The real thing was much much louder than air blowing through a straw on the way by. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Geronimo553 said:

Even though I entirely love everything going on about the 262. Those external sounds are near silent. Totally let down in the sound quality department from the exterior for me. The real thing was much much louder than air blowing through a straw on the way by. 

I think this is a recording with a camera so the sounds you are hearing are from speakers.

8 minutes ago, Geronimo553 said:

Turn up the volume?

Its hard to capture sound here. It’s quite loud. But from what I can hear it sounds really good.

The compressor stalls sound amazing.

• Upvote 1

Is the Albatros D-V available to fly?Would love to see some inflight exterior vid views.😍

57 minutes ago, Psyrion said:

Looks like Req is having fun :good:

That looked great, cockpit visability is so good, will be deadly as expected

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Man, 262 shredded the a-20...  yikes!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Agree, I mean all they had to do was buy an airline ticket, drive to the airport at Oh-Dark Thirty to wait around at the terminal for a flight to arrive late, get on a plane packed with families of snot-nosed screaming children going to Disney World, risk having their luggage lost, land in the HOTTEST and muggiest state in the while country, ... so their kids can worship a friggin' giant talking Mouse, don't have the energy or interest at this point to get 'em to behave... so the kicking on the back of the seat will continue for the entirety of the flight.

Lol. Sounds like the Monty Python travel agent sketch.

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JimTM said:

Lol. Sounds like the Monty Python travel agent sketch.

...and then some adenoidal typists from Birmingham with flabby white legs and diarrhoea trying to pick up hairy bandy-legged wop waiters called Manuel and once a week there's an excursion to the local Roman Ruins to buy cherryade and melted ice cream and bleeding Watney's Red Barrel and one evening you visit the so called typical restaurant with local colour and atmosphere and you sit next to a party from Rhyl who keep singing 'Torremolinos, torremolinos' and complaining about the food - 'It's so greasy here, isn't it?' - and you get cornered by some drunken greengrocer from Luton with an Instamatic camera and Dr. Scholl sandals and last Tuesday's Daily Express and he drones on and on and on about how Mr. Smith should be running this country and how many languages Enoch Powell can speak and then he throws up over the Cuba Libres.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Turn up the volume?

Its hard to capture sound here. It’s quite loud. But from what I can hear it sounds really good.

The compressor stalls sound amazing.

The only problem I heard with the sound is in Jason's video with Requiem giving the flight demo, they need to delete the GER radio sound files to keep ol' Hans Gruber from freakin' out on comms (as usual)... hopefully not too off-putting for the poor attendees

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

Nice review Shamrock, thank you for taking the time to write it. It was very informative - good stuff! 

Great to see Req trying out the 262. I must be honest I doubt I will fly the 262 much (accept maybe on a super quick bomb run) but I'm grateful for the addition to the Game. 

Kind Regards,

MDS1

1 hour ago, Geronimo553 said:

Something tells me that Geronimo553 is smart enough to understand that the external sounds of the 262 that he is hearing in the video are largely a function of the fact that the video is being recorded with a camera in a room with background noise. 

• Upvote 1

Glad you're enjoying those new vids guys. Had a little time and was able to do something you would like a bit more.

The 262 tutorial will be out when the 262 goes live.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SCG_BOO said:

Or go ask one of the many random civ simmers who got to fly it before them. 

You know, it's a good thing that the game is getting this sort of exposure. 

1 hour ago, Geronimo553 said:

Dude, you're listening to a recording made by a video camera at a busy trade show. Of course the audio is going to sound different than it does in-game.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 2

I thought that it's a release build at the show. If it's still a WIP beta, I'm fine with the wait then. Better to wait  a bit more and have a better polished version. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Is the Albatros D-V available to fly?Would love to see some inflight exterior vid views.😍

Yes Albatros is ready to fly. Also S.E.5a.

Edited by I./JG1_Baron

33 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Dude, you're listening to a recording made by a video camera at a busy trade show. Of course the audio is going to sound different than it does in-game.

That does not change the sound of the aircraft. It clearly can be heard wearing headphones. I like the sounds inside the cockpit as well as close to the aircraft externally front and back. Only the sound as it flies by needs further refinement as there is no roar from the twin turbojets. Which the 262 is still a work in progress and not released. So there is still plenty of time for adjustment. The overall quality looks and sounds are excellent otherwise. 

On 6/2/2019 at 5:08 PM, Jason_Williams said:

It will take me 4 days. Approximately 600 miles a day on average. Las Vegas - Albuquerque- Dallas - Mobile - Orlando.

Got my satellite radio to keep me company. It’s coming home that will be a bitch.

Right now I’m in Flagstaff, AZ.

Jason

Now you know a little about what us truckers do, all year.

Thanks for the info and the mini-review @ShamrockOneFive @SYN_Requiem

Looks great!

PS: Are people really complaining becose they can't fly it yet? Are we serious? Also, are people complaining already on a unreleased product?

Wait at least until it releases.

I will always prefer a polished and tested product before anything else. Nowadays this is gold seeing what other titles offer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Disneyland had a motion platform seat for the experience called 'rocketship to the moon' the seat you sat in for the movie was powered by air and inflated and deflated for takeoff and entry.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

From Stormbirds twitter, looks like all work ok today :)

Oh Boy, now Jason will want one of those seats for Xmas!!! ;)

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

From Stormbirds twitter, looks like all work ok today :)

Cool stuff. I want one. Need to talk to Ms.Seven about that. Wish me luck 😉

I noticed the gold trimmed wing roundels too!

I'd wondered if the machine has a bunch of custom skins or if we're getting some proper Spring 1945 skins :P

22 minutes ago, Tyggz said:

I noticed the gold trimmed wing roundels too!

I'd wondered if the machine has a bunch of custom skins or if we're getting some proper Spring 1945 skins :P

I did as well. But I was too busy experiencing VR and 6DOF motion to clue in that it might be something unique.

Also, sharing my “5 minutes” with the S.E.5a and Albatross D.Va. Not too much to say but they will be fun to fly.

https://stormbirds.blog/2019/06/09/five-minutes-with-the-s-e-5a-and-albatross-d-va/

Patch almost certain to come out early next week as you probably have already heard.

57 minutes ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

Oh Boy, now Jason will want one of those seats for Xmas!!! ;)

Those shorts are not included in the motion box purchase though hopefully!

I just hate watching these flight sim videos seeing all of the stuff that you can buy and knowing the Wife will not believe me when I tell her that I really need something.

Hopefully Tupperware will get into flight sims as I will get to own everything via the Wife!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Hopefully Tupperware will get into flight sims as I will get to own everything via the Wife!

Hahahha, I know that feeling. 🤣

Guys,

I'm exhausted, but the show today was great. Big super thanks to Shamrock for all his preview work and being friendly and helpful to folks stopping by. And super huge thanks to Requiem for helping me break down the booth at the end. Also more big thanks to Rooster who helped me set up on Friday. We really do have a great community. Thank you to everyone who came by the booth this weekend and had some fun and chatted me up. Always great to meet people in person and talk about simming. I'll write more tomorrow. Get ready for the 262!

Jason

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 11

I'll just say that everything seems to look excellent. Can't wait to try it myself.

4 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Looks like we are getting a new official 2nd TAF 1945 Spitfire skin?

Yes, the default Spitfire skin is being updated to the 1945 color scheme. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a engine modification in Me262. What variant of the Jumo engine is this modification. B1? And the standard is B0?

15 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

There is a engine modification in Me262. What variant of the Jumo engine is this modification. B1? And the standard is B0?

There is only one engine, the B-1. That mod you saw in the video is a fuel valve modification. 

11 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

There is only one engine, the B-1. That mod you saw in the video is a fuel valve modification. 

Ok, thanks

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

There is only one engine, the B-1. That mod you saw in the video is a fuel valve modification

Wouldn't that "mod" then make the engine a Jumo 004D?

" The Jumo 004D with regulator for throttle movement and two stage fuel injection. Prototypes were built and tested, serial production began shortly before end of WWII. "

http://hugojunkers.bplaced.net/junkers-jumo-004.html

Edited by bzc3lk

4 minutes ago, bzc3lk said:

Wouldn't that "mod" then make the engine a Jumo 004D?

Not sure about that - this modification was installed in engines starting at the end of 1944. How that correlates to "shortly before the end of WWII", I don't know.

15 hours ago, sevenless said:

True that. And many were former bomber pilots.

According  to a book I have that was mainly because these pilots were familiair to flying an two engine design, just to keep the accidents  lower. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Not sure about that - this modification was installed in engines starting at the end of 1944. How that correlates to "shortly before the end of WWII", I don't know.

Certainly nothing in concrete , especially  in light of Germany's chaotic state of affairs at the time. The impending release of the 262 has me scrounging through the net finding some interesting technical articles concerning the Jumo engine. Interesting article below.

https://www.allworldwars.com/Performance-Investigation-of-a-Jumo-004-Combustor-by-Robert-Miller.html