Jump to content
Jason_Williams

1CGS Attending Flight-Sim Expo 2019!

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Docjonel said:

Ok, finally some video of the motion simulator rig in action. 

Kind of low res, but you get an idea of just how violent aerial combat can be:

 

https://youtu.be/izwSfpPqKXk?t=60

 

Never took off due to the oversized payload.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

 

Never took off due to the oversized payload.

 

She'd be handy to drop on the enemy if you could strap her to the underside of a Peshka.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason,

 

Frooglesim will also attend the Flight Sim Expo this weekend.

In case you didn't know...

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FlyingNutcase said:

Thanks for the US geography lesson Jason. If I followed correctly your little adventure looked like:

image.png.fbaf17ee5fccc82a560e145b2a3a18e9.png

I did a little read up on Flagstaff - seems like a really nice area; awesome back country and scenery. And Arizona is, FFS ,10% bigger than the entirety of New Zealand. It's such a darn big country you have there! 

 

Looking forward to some reports and vids from the event, including the motion simulator in action and people's flying reactions.  Good luck.

 

Yep that's the route I took.

 

Jason

18 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

@Jason,

 

Frooglesim will also attend the Flight Sim Expo this weekend.

In case you didn't know...

 

 

 

 

Yes I have spoken to Froogle. He'll stop by as well as Shamrock.

 

Jason

7 hours ago, LukeFF said:

 

Any booth babes again this year? 😄 

 

I'll have a lovely assistant this year as well. I'll meet her today.

 

Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm already here in Orlando right now - just waiting to go out there today as soon as it starts.

 

I can help out with whatever needs doing as well. I came here just for the Expo.

 

 

Let me know when I can be useful and I'll be there straight away - else I'll come up around 1100hrs most like...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LukeFF said:

 

Any booth babes again this year? 😄 

Jason's not enough for you guys? Harsh!

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 19//Moach said:

Well, I'm already here in Orlando right now - just waiting to go out there today as soon as it starts.

 

I can help out with whatever needs doing as well. I came here just for the Expo.

 

 

Let me know when I can be useful and I'll be there straight away - else I'll come up around 1100hrs most like...

 

Good friendly turn, Moach! And I'm sure you are well equipped with plenty of duck tape.... :lol:

 

Cheerio ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For folks here at the expo tomorrow, is there interest in doing a meetup? Say 3pm at the 1CGS booth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Docjonel said:

Ok, finally some video of the motion simulator rig in action. 

Kind of low res, but you get an idea of just how violent aerial combat can be:

 

https://youtu.be/izwSfpPqKXk?t=60

'maintenance, spackle hole in isle 4.......'

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

For folks here at the expo tomorrow, is there interest in doing a meetup? Say 3pm at the 1CGS booth?

Sure thing, I'll be there at 3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JG4_Sputnik said:

Are we going to see the new Bodenplatte map at the expo?

 

If I see it I’ll let you know 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

 

If I see it I’ll let you know 😎

 

Sorry guys. Only thing new at the show is the 262.

 

Jason

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

 

Sorry guys. Only thing new at the show is the 262.

 

Jason

 

Which is good enough already!

 

When you guys are done with doing the presentations at the expo, which I am assuming will imply some video, do post it here!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, danielprates said:

 

Which is good enough already!

 

When you guys are done with doing the presentations at the expo, which I am assuming will imply some video, do post it here!

 

 

 

Follow updates on Stormbirds either on the blog or @StormbirdsBlog on Twitter. I’ve got wifi access and I’m going to do some video!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On FS Expo stream web page it says "12:30 (16:30z) – Interview: 1C Gmaes Studio"

https://fselite.net/fsexpo19/

 

also "10:30 (14:30z) – Show Floor Tour"

7:23-7:36 1CGS guys and 262 :)

 

 

 

 

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys. Interview got delayed. We’ve had lots of technical difficulties this morning at our booth.

 

Jason

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there any news or estimated times when you gonna be reschedule, or if you gonna be reschedule?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there’s specific stuff you guys want let me know. I’m going to be here all day today and tomorrow.

 

Will have my first impressions of the 262 up tonight. Probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

If there’s specific stuff you guys want let me know. I’m going to be here all day today and tomorrow.

 

Will have my first impressions of the 262 up tonight. Probably.

spawn few a20s and do few fast passes on them :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

If there’s specific stuff you guys want let me know. I’m going to be here all day today and tomorrow.

 

Will have my first impressions of the 262 up tonight. Probably.

Thanks Shamrock!

 

I would ask about the 262 but I guess you will cover most of it tonight! I was interested specially in engines and "fire" related to failure. Hope to see some problems in the air!

 

On the other hand, could you please ask Jason how BOBP is progressing? The news about Marshall, Map, Fm changes due to new engines are great and I guess more surprises might be awaiting.

 

Regards!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

If there’s specific stuff you guys want let me know. I’m going to be here all day today and tomorrow.

 

Will have my first impressions of the 262 up tonight. Probably.

 

gotta hear those engines start if you can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to see some SE5a if that is available too:salute:

 

Did they get the motion rig up and running ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, halowraith1 said:

 

gotta hear those engines start if you can!

 

Its too noisy on the show floor for that.

17 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Thanks Shamrock!

 

I would ask about the 262 but I guess you will cover most of it tonight! I was interested specially in engines and "fire" related to failure. Hope to see some problems in the air!

 

On the other hand, could you please ask Jason how BOBP is progressing? The news about Marshall, Map, Fm changes due to new engines are great and I guess more surprises might be awaiting.

 

Regards!

 

 

Jasons pretty busy but I’ll do my best. We still have a part 4 Q&A to do as well. Sometime 😎

 

I’ll mess around with the 262s engines.

23 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

spawn few a20s and do few fast passes on them :)

 

Aye aye!

Just now, DD_Arthur said:

Would like to see some SE5a if that is available too:salute:

 

Did they get the motion rig up and running ok?

 

Ohh I’ll check!

 

Motion rig has some issues not specific to the rig. Hoping to try it later though. Or tomorrow.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

 

Its too noisy on the show floor for that.

 

Jasons pretty busy but I’ll do my best. We still have a part 4 Q&A to do as well. Sometime 😎

 

I’ll mess around with the 262s engines.

 

Aye aye!

 

Ohh I’ll check!

 

Motion rig has some issues not specific to the rig. Hoping to try it later though. Or tomorrow.

Any news on a release date?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose they just have the sim doing. Quick missions only?  

Lol get new comers to log into TAW or KOTA and see if you can pull off an hour and half flight time :)

 

whats the top speed of the 262 anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

😂😂😅

 

SYN_Requiem YouTube channel

 

Damned, we need better pilots to show some kills 😀

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spartan85 said:

whats the top speed of the 262 anyway?

 

Very, very fast. 🙂

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random guy pulled the same classic maneuver I find myself making far too often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 9:05 AM, RedKestrel said:

Jason's not enough for you guys? Harsh!

 

Jason holding that big joystick is the show. :joy:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rjel said:

Random guy pulled the same classic maneuver I find myself making far too often. 

Damm! There are others as skilled as me diving into the ground?

😧 I must train more!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:


😧 I must train more!

 

You are in luck! Trains are on rails so no worry of falling. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 5:25 PM, FlyingNutcase said:

Thanks for the US geography lesson Jason. If I followed correctly your little adventure looked like:

image.png.fbaf17ee5fccc82a560e145b2a3a18e9.png

I did a little read up on Flagstaff - seems like a really nice area; awesome back country and scenery. And Arizona is, FFS ,10% bigger than the entirety of New Zealand. It's such a darn big country you have there! 

 

Looking forward to some reports and vids from the event, including the motion simulator in action and people's flying reactions.  Good luck.

Equivalent to driving across Australia East to West which i've done many times none stop the worst part driving west headlong into the setting sun and emeu's ,red roo's,cattle and camels 😎😢 😲 you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, yeah...we live in a big country over here dudes :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...