Jason_Williams

1CGS Attending Flight-Sim Expo 2019!

Whoa that be a long ass journey!

Safe travels and have a great show!!

The State of Florida will keep the light on for ya.

;)

Hope you have some nice booth assistants to help you promote IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles at FS Expo 2019

It will take me 4 days. Approximately 600 miles a day on average. Las Vegas - Albuquerque- Dallas - Mobile - Orlando.

Got my satellite radio to keep me company. It’s coming home that will be a bitch.

Right now I’m in Flagstaff, AZ.

Jason

8 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

This morning I leave Las Vegas and head for Orlando. I'm road tripping it in my pickup as part of my summer vacation...

Jason

Wow, that’s hard core. I’m assuming you have to haul your gear but that’s a hike. I drove straight through from Atlanta to central Texas a couple of years ago and those are some boring roads. That was about 16 hours. Stay awake and be careful!

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, E69_Chipi said:

I just check the trip dinstance... 3800km... That's insane!!!

To understand such a trip with my european mentality, I looked for a trip across Europe with the approximate same mileage...

Here you have it.
iUHDhO.png

Gibraltar to Stockholm  LOL
Across seven different countries Spain-France-Belgium-The Netherlands-Germany-Denmark and Sweden...

Have a good trip and drive safe!!!!

With all respect but you can not compare US traffic to the crowdy, fast and more aggressive car traveling in Europe. Once I did an 5weeks 10.000km holiday trip in the US, without being tired, while in europe the same trip will exhaust you much more. Look at the reddots thats traffic jam and the orange dots are working at the road signs, that normally gives the same effect as an traffic jam. 
 And yep I did also do the more-a-less the same N-Mexico/Arizona/LV tour as a part of my visit. US road driving is relaxed cruising while EU is much more stressfull.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:11 AM, ShamrockOneFive said:

Hey folks! I'm definitely going to be there. If you're going to be there too perhaps we can figure out a time to meet at the 1CGS booth. For the people who aren't able to make it but want to try and have the experience from a-far, let me know what you want to know and I'll do my best to take some pictures and share them here and on Stormbirds.blog.

Hi I did read your Tuesday message about the expo and I can not visit, so I have an question: 

try VR and put (ingame) your face out of the cockpit like in the I-16, you should now hear the wind much harder sounding, if not like it is actually now please ask the developers why they did remove that. Because after an update that immersive in VR factor has now being removed. 

edit: your pm is not working

thanks and best regards, 

Dutch

Edited by Dutch2
  • Upvote 2

I made it to Albuquerque, New Mexico last night. Here's some footage of the action on the road yesterday. And when arrived someone tried to sell me some blue meth. :P

Next stop Dallas!

Jason 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

And when arrived someone tried to sell me some blue meth

Was it Mr "Heisenberg" 
220px-Walter_White2.jpg

Did you get his autograph ;)

No it was tweeker kid in a crappy Toyota with a license plate that said The Capn. 😁

Jason

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JG1_Labroisse said:

Bring your sunscreen and hat, it is blazing hot here in Orlando right now.

Hot is fine with me being from Vegas, but your humidity sucks. I'm in Amarillo at the moment. Be in Dallas in a few hours. 

P.S. cow crap smells bad. 

Jason

8 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

C'mon dude, I know you've driven through Chino. :P 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

With all respect but you can not compare US traffic to the crowdy, fast and more aggressive car traveling in Europe. Once I did an 5weeks 10.000km holiday trip in the US, without being tired, while in europe the same trip will exhaust you much more. Look at the reddots thats traffic jam and the orange dots are working at the road signs, that normally gives the same effect as an traffic jam. 
 And yep I did also do the more-a-less the same N-Mexico/Arizona/LV tour as a part of my visit. US road driving is relaxed cruising while EU is much more stressfull.

Agreed. I was comparing then both only mileage-wise.

7 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I made it to Albuquerque, New Mexico last night. Here's some footage of the action on the road yesterday. And when arrived someone tried to sell me some blue meth. :P

Jason 

That's the famous New Mexico hospitality! In Canuckistan we just try and bum smokes.

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

That's to keep the tourists from picking it up and playing with it!  🚮

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

No it was tweeker kid in a crappy Toyota with a license plate that said The Capn. 😁

Jason

Oh, TheCapn sells good sh*t. He looks a little scruffy but he's a good guy. Tell him I said "High." :) :) :) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

In my youth I did a 1,035mile (1,670km) drive in one day. Olympia Washington to downtown San Francisco to Mt.Shasta California. One day, 14 hours of driving. Stopped in San Fran to buy a motorcycle, load it on my trailer and made it as far north as Mount Shasta before I ran out of Redbull LOL.

Young, dumb and full of cum.

Have a great drive Jason and a successful Expo!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JG1_Labroisse said:

Bring your sunscreen and hat, it is blazing hot here in Orlando right now.

I see that! It's been cold here all spring with no heat at all (and we usually see some by now) so look for the puddle near the front door and that'll probably be me :)

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Next stop Dallas!

Jason 

Glad you didn’t get your car stolen. Albuquerque is the car theft capital of the USA. Too bad I didn’t see this until now or I might have taken time off to drive three hours North. Thanks for all you do for our community, Jason.

Edited by =SqSq=SignorMagnifico

I made it to Big D in one piece last night. To commemorate I give you Texas's greatest export.

While here I caught up with Hooves from the community. Here's a picture of us hanging out.

02-king-of-the-hill_w330_h330_2x.jpg.7b5520d1da4af55e52d051bd0c43ccf9.jpg

On to Mobile, AL today.

Jason

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

You can't show me that you home wrecker!!

Anyway GasMonkey is im what allowed to watch from that part of the world. 

Edited by AeroAce

Ok guys I made it to Mobile, Alabama. Only one more leg to go. Here's some footage of me driving through the deep south.

See you soon Orlando!

Jason

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:33 PM, Jason_Williams said:

You should have asked him if he wanted to score some schwalbe, pony or tempest  :acute:

• Haha 1

I was just thinking to myself that it's a pity they don't have these flight sim expo's in Europe, but it turns out that they do.

Jason, are you busy on the 5th and 6th of October ;)

http://www.flightsimshow.com/

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Herne said:

I was just thinking to myself that it's a pity they don't have these flight sim expo's in Europe, but it turns out that they do.

Jason, are you busy on the 5th and 6th of October ;)

http://www.flightsimshow.com/

Never knew that and Cosford is only  an hour and a half away,  for me 🙂

Edited by w00dy

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2019 at 6:33 PM, pfrances said:

In my youth I did a 1,035mile (1,670km) drive in one day. Olympia Washington to downtown San Francisco to Mt.Shasta California. One day, 14 hours of driving. Stopped in San Fran to buy a motorcycle, load it on my trailer and made it as far north as Mount Shasta before I ran out of Redbull LOL

1,195 miles from San Bernardino CA to Seattle WA in -20 hours or so to transport my buddy's German Shepherd dog up to him after he had relocated.  Didn't plan on doing it in one long drive, but his ex-wife, who wasn't happy about things, had made sure that dog STANK to high heaven so I rolled the windows down and off we went.  Made lots of stops at rest areas to walk, feed and water the pooch, otherwise I was on the gas the whole way in my '83 Camaro.  Didn't have Red Bull back then but my bottle of Dr. Pepper lasted until Redding.  Ended up vacuuming dog hair out of the back of that car until the day I sold it.  Best road trip ever... the return drive with a stopover in Mendocino is another tale in itself 😊

Drive safe Jason and don't let Buford T. Justice snag you at any of his speed traps.

Edited by Stoopy

I made it to Orlando last night. Now we're working to prepare the booth. The drive was fun. I enjoyed it.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Just remember to get lots of video footage this year. (Preferably the whole thing) The short video last year was just not enough. 😀

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Geronimo553 said:

Just remember to get lots of video footage this year. (Preferably the whole thing) The short video last year was just not enough. 😀

It's not my job to video everything. If you want to see everything come to the Expo.

You'll be able to follow a lot of FS Expo action here. https://fselite.net/fsexpo19/?fbclid=IwAR07SUNGbs4S8_CriV0TxYh-SZOKAaEKFbKg4reBIbeSiwUhh0CnhiYrWew

I'll be busy talking to attendees and supervising people playing IL-2 on our setups.

Jason

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Geronimo553 said:

There will be live streams of parts of the Expo. I don't think the link is live yet but stay tuned.

Also I will try and capture some smartphone video footage of anything that seems really cool that needs to be in video format. No promises but I'll see how things are once I get there.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

It's not my job to video everything. If you want to see everything come to the Expo.

You'll be able to follow a lot of FS Expo action here. https://fselite.net/fsexpo19/?fbclid=IwAR07SUNGbs4S8_CriV0TxYh-SZOKAaEKFbKg4reBIbeSiwUhh0CnhiYrWew

I'll be busy talking to attendees and supervising people playing IL-2 on our setups.

Jason

Literally takes ten minutes to set up a dynamic live cam in the above background of your booth and stream it to the world. Though such simple methods of business advertisement are not my concern to worry about for your business. This year's short video of Jason standing in the booth will just have to do. I guess nothing else happened at the event as we will not see it. 🤷‍♀️

Have fun though! 😁

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Geronimo553 said:

Though such simple methods of business advertisement are not my concern to worry about for your business.

And yet, here we are...

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Made it into Orlando as well. Flying standby is like a game of chess to get where you need to go sometimes. Had to fly into Fort Meyers then drive up to Orlando because of all the oversold flights lol Looking forward to catching up! Going to check out the fantasy of flight museum tomorrow 😁

• Upvote 2

Still in Tampa so far, with a few more things to take care of tomorrow before heading over.  Expect to be pulling into Orlando late tomorrow night - looking forward to seeing some folks at the booth on Saturday!

VR on a motion sim, with a 262.... somehow I doubt you will want for activity when all set up.  Man.... so wish I could see it.  I hope you and your crew have a blast.  And if that's just you, moreso.  S!

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Any booth babes again this year? 😄 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the US geography lesson Jason. If I followed correctly your little adventure looked like:

image.png.fbaf17ee5fccc82a560e145b2a3a18e9.png

I did a little read up on Flagstaff - seems like a really nice area; awesome back country and scenery. And Arizona is, FFS ,10% bigger than the entirety of New Zealand. It's such a darn big country you have there! 

Looking forward to some reports and vids from the event, including the motion simulator in action and people's flying reactions.  Good luck.

Edited by FlyingNutcase