gad11

U-2VS in career?

Hi all. Thinking about getting the U-2VS. Looks like fun to fly and do some low level bombing with. Curious if it's available in career mode or not.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, gad11 said:

Hi all. Thinking about getting the U-2VS. Looks like fun to fly and do some low level bombing with. Curious if it's available in career mode or not.

Thanks!

Hi, not yet, but they will add it probably into the career in the next update which is around the corner (two weeks be sure)

Edited by Voidhunger

12 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Hi, not yet, but they will add it probably into the career in the next update which is around the corner (two weeks be sure)

Thanks!

I bought it even i was not in mood to buy anything till AI is fixed.

But yeah it has been done well.

True quality like all ww2 planes so far.

• Like 1

Now that new update has been released and the U-2 is in the career, has anybody given it a go?  What sort of flight distances and mission times are involved for a round trip?

7 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Now that new update has been released and the U-2 is in the career, has anybody given it a go?  What sort of flight distances and mission times are involved for a round trip?

Yep! Looong missions, due to it's low speed. Even though you operate from the nearest front line base (Kuban), it's still an hours flying time out and back unless of course you use x8 time. All that and I didn't hit a thing! D'oh!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Thanks!  I did wonder about that.

I think it is quite a refreshing change. Maneuvering 50m above the ground with 110kph and dropping bombs on the enemy at night. If you take air start it is usually 30km distance to the target, so it takes some time even with 8x time acc. Airfield is about 70-90 km from the front, so if you play with start and landing, the missions will be quite long.

I gave it a go. As Elem says, VERY long flight times and with no other activity, air or ground, and nothing to see as it was dark, to break the monotony. When I did get to the target area there was four blooming great searchlights waving around looking for the other U-2s so no navigation skill needed on my part there. Very hard to bomb anything accurately unless you get on the deck; I decided to strafe as well but discovered I hadn't taken the gun (loadout as per the mission default). So, for the first time ever in a career, I abandoned the mission rather than fly all the way back. Fairly disappointed with this career mission, but I guess that it's the nature of the beast. Still love the U-2 though, have had a blast with it online and am hoping that there will be some user-made missions along sometime.

Cheers.

Edit @sevenless Yes I suppose air starts will be the way to go for a career in this plane. Don't really like doing it that way though. I'm happy with long missions if the navigation is more challenging or if there is something else going on.

Edited by 216th_Cat

Ya. Very long flight times. I will stick with Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator for this little plane as with that your home airfield is a bit closer. 

I would like to see some forward unprepared fields added for these night harassment missions so we could get close to Nadezhda Popova's record of 18 sorties in one night.

I have something on the way for you guys -soon.

2 weeks be sure!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

I have something on the way for you guys -soon.

2 weeks be sure!

My Hero!

6 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

2 weeks be sure!

Clock is ticking, LOL!

Looking forward to what you can come up with.

Done, just testing and adding a few last minute doo dads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Done for now, but can’t release just yet. With the next update I think.

Busdriver has been having fun with it. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

Busdriver has been having fun with it. :)

Yes I have...:joy:

• Upvote 1

Of course you are if it’s full of doo dads. They make or break a campaign. Now don’tdoo mums are a different kettle of fish entirely.

I patiently await your doo dads Gambit.

Gambit, was it you sometime ago who was thinking of creating a P47 campaign?

13 minutes ago, pilotpierre said:

Gambit, was it you sometime ago who was thinking of creating a P47 campaign?

As we speak.

I probably won't start an actual build thread until I get the map and it's public.

Until then all I can show some initial progress/logic building on the Stalingrad map.

Fantastic skins courtesy of 325th_Bugsy.

2019_2_12__1_52_24.jpg

2019_2_12__4_16_58.jpg

Edited by Gambit21
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

2019_2_12__1_52_24.jpg

2019_2_12__4_16_58.jpg

Looks like they are going after the armoured colums near Bastogne. Great Pics.