II./JG77_motoadve

Flying the dream

Yikes.  All good fun until you're trapped upside-down in a river somewhere, hundreds of miles from civilisation and nobody there to help you. 

14 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Yikes.  All good fun until you're trapped upside-down in a river somewhere, hundreds of miles from civilisation and nobody there to help you. 

actually that a game is not dangerous is not an advanatge but a disadvantage

thinking that way you would get to a point you wouldnt even leave your bed just in case

Love the videos!

Silly questions maybe - but are any of the sand/gravel bars prepared ahead of time or compacted in any way other than mother nature herself? What precautions (if any) are taken to ensure the landing gear doesn't get caught in a rut or hole?

the thing is that i can not watch the video fully i get too jealous and i cant go on

4 hours ago, CUJO_1970 said:

Love the videos!

Silly questions maybe - but are any of the sand/gravel bars prepared ahead of time or compacted in any way other than mother nature herself? What precautions (if any) are taken to ensure the landing gear doesn't get caught in a rut or hole?

I usually have my friend land his tailwheel airplane first and he checks out the condition of the gravel bar, we dont prep it, move a log or two if all.

Before the landing he does a slow fly by.

Friend of mine in the Cessna 170 is one of the only few survivors of a super sonic ejection, he is a great pilot.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19990705&slug=2970140

• Upvote 2

^^very interesting - love your videos - you are doing what most of us only dream of doing.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 1:34 AM, II./JG77_motoadve said:

I usually have my friend land his tailwheel airplane first and he checks out the condition of the gravel bar

This is what friends are for!! 🙂

• Like 1