DetCord12B

[MOD] K-4's Over Moscow

Ever wanted to fly the Bf 109 K-4 in one of the Dynamic Campaigns? Me too, so I made a mod to do just that for BoM. The mod is fully campaign compatible though you'll likely have to start a new one for it to work properly. The K-4's are relegated to 1. and 2. Sqdn. of JG52, so make sure you pick the right squadron when starting a new campaign.

I've also included six custom (historical) liveries from JG52, seven including a default paint scheme the AI will use. All liveries will appear under the Official tab and contain proper descriptions concerning the aircraft's history and position. It should also be noted that these will also replace the default liveries for QMB as well.

UXFLs71.png

Examples:

UkeOfJS.png

1hSVq04.png

Spoiler

dI4Ryud.png

Please report any bugs or issues encountered. If you would like to see aircraft added to any other dynamic campaign (K-4's over Kuban?) let me know. Thanks.

K-4's Over Moscow - DOWNLOAD

LaGG's Over Moscow - DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

Spoiler

29-01-2019: Added the LaGG-3s29 to the BoM Career.

Edited by DetCord12B
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

Hello,

Very interesting but why the following lines are duplicated in the files "Squadrons" and "Skins"

[skin] 
            plane="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109K4.txt"
            skin="" 
            name="I./JG 52" 
            type=0 //0 - common, 1 - ace
            probweight=100 
        [end]        
        [skin] 
            skin="" 
            name="I./JG 52" 
            probweight=100 
        [end]

And

flights=3
        [mission=1101]

That is very interesting.  I wonder if it is possible to fly the LaGG-3 in the Moscow career.

• Like 1

I tried that, but had issues.  I was able to add the Yak-1b and Yak-7b to Stalingrad, but I wasn't able to get the Yak-1 or LaGG-3 into Moscow for some reason.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

It is possible to add but must decompress the folder "SCG" and modify the files that manage the planes and add the planes concerned:

"SKIN", "Squadron", "model", "objectct" and others that are in "SCG" and in "Script"

I did it and it works.

I was able to add the YAK 7 in the Stalingrad campaign, as well as the YAK 1b in January 1943.

There is only the Po2 that I could not add, I think it is not yet taken into account by the dynamic campaign generator

Very cool. Would love to fly yak—1 and Lagg—3 in BoM and yak—1b in BoS.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, MarcoPegase44 said:

Hello,

Very interesting but why the following lines are duplicated in the files "Squadrons" and "Skins"

[skin] 
            skin="" 
            name="I./JG 52" 
            probweight=100 
        [end]        
        [skin] 
            skin="" 
            name="I./JG 52" 
            probweight=100 
        [end]

And

flights=3
        [mission=1101]

No idea as I didn't add any lines of code. I only edited the existing ones.

14 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

That is very interesting.  I wonder if it is possible to fly the LaGG-3 in the Moscow career.

I've already successfully added the LaGG-3 and Yak-1B to Moscow and the K-4 and A8/F8 to Kuban. It's possible and they work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just gave this “Mod” a try & I’m glad I did! All my other careers are on the Kuban map so all the action ( smoke & artillery fire,) was quite a surprise. My only ( small) negatives are the up to now small choices for skins for the K-4 and the opposing aircraft like the I-16’s are limited to early war birds which probably makes sense for most careers on this map. Even though its early days yet & in any case fun to use this advanced 109 in a meaningful way.

Thank you !

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2019 at 5:47 AM, Feathered_IV said:

On 1/28/2019 at 12:21 PM, sevenless said:

Very cool. Would love to fly yak—1 and Lagg—3 in BoM and yak—1b in BoS.

Lagg-3 added to the BoM campaign for ya.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

To unpack the scg.GPT you'll need to use this; http://www.mediafire.com/file/caxpalaudz1hd47/unGTP-IL2.zip

Then, and I'd recommend you download one of the careers above to use as a reference and template, in my own experiments I used notepad++ and the ctrl+f command liberally to edit the configs. 

In my case I've made a career for P-47s over Moscow, and another for Spitfires over Stalingrad, with excellent results.

received_144240486501206.jpeg

received_546696185821942.jpeg

received_1075169555988569.jpeg

On 1/28/2019 at 8:11 AM, MarcoPegase44 said:

Hello,

[skin] 
            skin="" 
            name="I./JG 52" 
            probweight=100 
        [end]        
        [skin] 
            skin="" 
            name="I./JG 52" 
            probweight=100 
        [end]

And

flights=3
        [mission=1101]

Oh, as for this question, I have an answer. Originally this squadron/gruppe flew more than one type of aircraft, perhaps the 109 F2 and F4. You'd need to change both lines or it would be a toss up between flying an F2 or a K4. The same goes for skins for obvious reasons; lets say you were editing a soviet IAP, you'd not want I-16s wearing Mig textures or vice versa. 

Yes I agree, but in this example the two lines are identical, 2 BF10K4;

I dont see the interest

Originally the lines would have been, for example: 

flights=3
        plane="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109F2.txt"
        plane="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\Bf109F4.txt"
        [mission=1101]

It's certainly possible to just edit the superfluous line away, but it's also easier to make sure you've definitely got it all changed over between several configs if you leave the existing structure and just edit it. 

On the same note, I suspect you could invent a whole new squadron and assign them a base etc using the same method, which would allow you to use the modded career without losing a group that's already there. 

I'd love to see the p47 be modded in! I cant figure out how to get it to work. I have edited the files correctly but don't see any change

8 hours ago, II./JG77_HankDG said:

I'd love to see the p47 be modded in! I cant figure out how to get it to work. I have edited the files correctly but don't see any change

I've got one set up as a JSGME-able package, although mine's set up to use some skins I made as default too. It'll be a good size file, but I can package that up for you if you'd like! 

Just be aware that you'll of course need to start a new career. If you don't want the custom skins I can do that too, as they're currently set up as the 78th fighter group out of Duxford!

Spoiler

2091739876_flightline.thumb.jpg.17207cf88c895c092555d35668dfa688.jpg.4a72f52a98084328a07170bcada62279.jpg

So these two are set up to give 27 IAP the thunderbolt, one version with the Duxford skins and another just using the plain jane default. To change the default skins for your squadron, use the files for the Duxford version as a guideline, and pick the appropriate DDS you want to use as default from Data\graphics\skins\skins.tab.eng (I use notepad++ for this). Plug that DDS into the files at data\scg\13\skins and data\scg\scripts\13skins under 27 IAP (or whichever other squadron you wish to change. 

To add custom skins to use as squadron defaults, again use the Duxford version as reference; you'll need to add the custom DDS address into skins/tab/eng, and then you can use that one in the other skins configs. One last thing; in the skins.cfg and 13skins.cfg, the probability weight should be set to 01 if you want a mixture of several skins; if you only want to use one skin, use just one entry at probability 100. Different skins at probability 100 will just confuse things.

If you'd like to use the Soviet skins for the P-47 for example, skins.cfg and 13skins.cfg should look like this:

Spoiler

//USSR
[squadron=101027]
    [period] // Chapters 1-2 (autumn)
        period="1941.10.02","1941.11.14" 
        [skin] 
            plane="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\P47D28.txt" 
            skin="P47D28\P47D28_skin_14.dds" 
            name="27 IAP" 
            probweight=100 
        [end]
    [end]

[period] // Chapters 3-4-5 (winter)
        period="1941.11.15","1942.04.20" 
        [skin] 
            plane="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Planes\P47D28.txt" 
            skin="P47D28\P47D28_skin_14.dds" 
            name="27 IAP" 
            probweight=100 
        [end]
    [end]
[end]

78thFG (all three squadrons) over Moscow: Here

In this version I've included a custom skin that shows correctly on the custom tab in aircraft setup; Lazy Lady, a personal skin that nobody I fly with has claimed, so you can have your own personal aircraft in the group if you so wish.

Default P-47s over Moscow: Here

Edited by crigby46

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:03 AM, DetCord12B said:

LaGG's Over Moscow - DOWNLOAD

Many many thanks! Works great!

Now if one Kind Soul could add the Yak-1 to BoM and the Yak-1b to BoS I would be more than happy. Especially because they were really present in the timeframes and took an active part in the battles.

Yak-1 at BoM see here:

Yak-1B in BoS see here:

• Upvote 1