Han

Developer Diary 214 - Discussion

5 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

PILOTS!!!!!!! ??????? 

And or.... future Bomber ... , cough....  (prey, wish, dream, B-17)... crew maybe ???? 😁

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Boomerang said:

And or.... future Bomber ... , cough....  (prey, wish, dream, B-17)... crew maybe ???? 😁

I would be glad enough if the AI-only B25 eventually became flyable!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Voidhunger said:

to quote Jason if I may:

Pony is scheduled for end of June, but may slip a little.

and after that there will be B25, Tempest and P38. I dont think we will see full release in Summer, early autumn this year

More end of year 2019 for full release. Anyways lots of new toys to play until then.

Edited by sevenless

13 minutes ago, sevenless said:

More end of year 2019 for full release. Anyways lots of new toys to play until then.

True, true!:joy:

52 minutes ago, danielprates said:

Yes, this would be great also, as well as a growing community/interest.

There has been countless surprises along this journey, best wishes for the future, it's truly wonderful to see how far this project has come already.

2 hours ago, danielprates said:

I could forego that, if we could get the Marauder as an additional AI-only 2-engine bomber. However that is only my personal taste. I feel that we lack twin engined machines in this release on both sides.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

lqKlotB.png

Wish we got the P-51 but eh you can't have everything at once^^

Glad we'll all be able to enjoy Prokorovka and if I understand you correctly we'll get the Air Marshal system.

Please just please bring a bit of performance optimisation I might repeat myself once again but servers are unbearably laggy.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

13 hours ago, L3Pl4K said:

Sounds and looks good, when can we expect the new update?

New update in about two weeks.

😛😀

Me262 looks great and the Xray view of the tiger looked amazing.i don't have the tanks yet but might have to change my mind

Thank you for the update. Looks spectacular. One minor thing, would be possible to use months instead of seasons? Is summer in my country and i believe in the other half of the world as well :) Thanks.

• Upvote 2

Hopefully the damage model for tanks gets some love.  I know this is all early access, but the video I fly central put out showing the effects of a tiger shooting at a t34 from point blank range was heavily disconcerting. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, sonicapollo said:

Hopefully the damage model for tanks gets some love.  I know this is all early access, but the video I fly central put out showing the effects of a tiger shooting at a t34 from point blank range was heavily disconcerting. 

Its still in heavy development - relax.

• Upvote 2

Excellent news as always, that unpainted 262 looks great. We're getting a Mossie! I'd forgotten, thanks. 

Heresy I know, but the tanks make me want to get a Helicopter just to follow them. You don't get much opportunity to sightsee when your trying to shoot them up.

Looking forward to this year. Thanks to all for their hard work

Just wondering a couple of DDs ago you said

On 10/19/2018 at 5:08 PM, Han said:
Hello Everybody,

This week our Executive Producer, Jason Williams, paid a visit to our Moscow studio. Of course, we have many discussions about potential ways of improving the project in the near future and more distant plans. We can't disclose what we're discussing yet, but when we'll be able to tell you we're sure you'll be surprised and amused by the new prospects.

Has this been revealed yet, or are we still waiting for the suprise?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, blitze said:

New update in about two weeks.

This is not the DCS Forum...right?

47 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

I thought "two weeks, be sure" is an IL-2ism originally?

You is right "two weeks etc..." is a pure IL2ism Olegish language 😊

9 hours ago, sevenless said:

I could forego that, if we could get the Marauder as an additional AI-only 2-engine bomber. However that is only my personal taste. I feel that we lack twin engined machines in this release on both sides.

Oh, don't get me started! I love the Marauder and I have mentioned it in every single "wishlist" thread in this forum. 

With the positive experience of the third party Po2, I am thinking that the possibilities of seeing a flyable b25 or maybe even a b26 are decent.

22 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

I can't wait for this day to come....  :P:dance:

Eat Your Heart Out.jpg

Those OP-2 jokes never get old :rofl:

On the other hand, I think, we will se some spectecular attempts.

I´m thinking of a girl from Germany, flying inverted, using a flare gun while her gunner is "saluting" the 262-driver... :lol:

Anyway...

Great DD as always, looking forward to the new T-34 and the Sherman.:thank_you:

• Haha 2

490750852_TCBra.thumb.jpg.3238ae31505ff810410a4ca40f9d8a1f.jpg

Sorry this is all I can think of with this pic. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 25

is there a ferdi/ele model? planned, just wondering

Loving the tank crew. Just a couple of questions. Can you switch to the camera to see the whole crew on the tank like in your pictures or is only a developer camera setting to show us the crew?

Can you Bail out of the tank?

Excellent everything guys. Well done.

9 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Its still in heavy development - relax.

I know. I'll pull the trigger when that bit is ready. 

The new map detail and the crew members look amazing! Really looking forward to some good tank action.

The Me262 looks sharp too, I'm excited to fly it along with the Dora.

I just got all three Volumes of the Fw190 book by Richard Smith and Eddie Creek, i might create some missions for the Dora based on that info when it comes out with the new map.

Version 3.010 will be focused on improving the functionality of several modules of the sim and some of the changes are long-awaited and important.

I don't want to read too much into it but it sounds like we might get some improvements that have not been announced by the devs yet.

9 hours ago, scotsmanFlyingscotsman said:

Excellent news as always, that unpainted 262 looks great. We're getting a Mossie! I'd forgotten, thanks. 

Heresy I know, but the tanks make me want to get a Helicopter just to follow them. You don't get much opportunity to sightsee when your trying to shoot them up.

Looking forward to this year. Thanks to all for their hard work

Wut? Are you speaking of DCS?

A Mosquito? When did that happen? But, really, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the first developement shot of the P-38. And Flying Circus is looking good. I may have to pick it up when it's done.

Everything looks superb so far, especially those new high detail dwellings for the maps and that crew, awesome.:drinks:

Great update, thanks guys, really appreciated.:salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

8 hours ago, sop said:

is there a ferdi/ele model? planned, just wondering

Ten legendary battle tanks that can be manned and operated by the player - T-34-76, KV-1s. M4A2 “Sherman”, SU-122, SU-152, PzKpfw III Ausf.M, PzKpfw IV Ausf.G, PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther". PzKpfw VI Ausf.H1 "Tiger" and Sd. Kfz. 184 "Ferdinand".

https://il2sturmovik.com/store/tank-crew/

4 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

A Mosquito? When did that happen? 

Would certainly be very nice, but it isn´t officially announced.

Edited by sevenless
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, sonicapollo said:

Salutations,

I'm sure the developers have been made aware of the damage model concerns. They will eventually make the needed corrections or improvements. :salute:

On 1/26/2019 at 1:38 AM, Pierre64 said:

Thanks for this DD and, over all (IMO)for the very nice 262s !! 

Unpainted version is my favorite :

Reveal hidden contents

DD7E785E-58B8-4301-904E-1BC4411056F0.thumb.jpeg.50d305698afba62e19e4777f39b3ca02.jpeg2A1892A9-A834-40E4-BE5E-6E046828EB63.jpeg.9208f2460fa752f2f73963a07dec7132.jpeg159AD06C-31FD-4DFE-AD24-0C4552ECA0D6.thumb.jpeg.3d7b3692cbb4fb458dd499eebfea3697.jpeg

However, was the putty so yellowish ?

Showed my MAC owning friend the pic's of the 262 yesterday (just to make him envious) and that was his initial reaction also, in my mind it had always been a dark red which I had assumed from colour images of the preserved Horten Ho 229 at the NASM and also from colour images of the Australian Me 163 before it was so sadly repainted, so I broke out every reference that I could find on the matter, as it turns out the red was used for composite constructions and especially for wooden and or fabric joins, which makes perfect sense for the two aircraft I mentioned.

After looking further I could find only the one reference saying it was yellow (Classic Me 262 Vol 3 & 4  J.Richard Smith & Eddie J.Creek), most others did not state a colour while a few referenced it as grey or greyish-green. Yes I also found the same colour photo of 111711 (T2-711) through a Google search, but am reluctant to believe the veracity of any colour images found on the net these days.

Now you'd think at some stage there would have been a quite thorough technical report written for T2-711 describing in detail the manner of construction this apparently being one of the primary reasons for this air-frame being chosen to be taken back to the States (Google Ref), but I was not able to find one.

I did ascertain however the following, the material in question may have been either Aviation Sealing paste 7621 or Aviation Jointing paste 7262 or indeed both.

I do remember reading an article in a 1989 copy of Wings magazine about the restoration of the NASMs Ar 234 that specifically mentioned the large amounts of paste used as a filler revealed after the fuselage was sanded back during the restoration and I think that there may have even been a photo, but I was unable to find my copy as it sadly may currently be in storage (house is on the market).  

06.jpg.c7eb5d010e8aca0401fe60222cf8b1f9.jpg

All that being said, until proven otherwise I have no problem with the conclusion that it was yellow.

Oh and now not wanting to nit pick, but the Faux Cross on the bare metal skin should probably be of a solid black type, and not one outlined with white.

Otherwise looking forward to all the promised 2019 goodness.

Edited by spudkopf

18 hours ago, sonicapollo said:

I wouldn´t mind if we get something like Men of War: Assault Squad 2 one day:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/244450/Men_of_War_Assault_Squad_2/

Gents, first off well done on modeling the First pattern Sonderbekleidung for the Army (Heer) Panzer crewman, but there are some uniform discrepancies that need to be point out.

If this representation is of an Officer as shown - ( Silver aluminum piping on the crown and scallop seam of the M38 Feldmutze and Officers Double prong belt) then where is his shoulder boards (Schulterstucke) of silver cord appropriate to commission?

Conversely If this representation is of an Enlisted rank (Mannschaften) then the Silver aluminum piping on the crown and scallop seam of the M38 Feldmutze and Officers Double prong belt needs to be omitted and the belt needs to be replaced with the standard EM Heer belt.

For whichever version,  there is no National breast emblem (Hoheitszeichen) on the right side of the jacket shown and yet you chose to show it on his M38 Feldmutze? there is also no metal death's head (Totenkopf) inside of the piped rhomboids on each collar whether they be the Danziger. Braunschweiger or waffen SS version? (the latter two were seen very infrequently)

Headset and throat mike cords were not tucked into the jacket as shown as this is impractical and incorrectly worn.

This is not meant as a destructive criticism of your work but rather feedback on what is in the pipes so far. So much effort and time has gone into getting the attention to detail right in other areas of AC, pilots uniforms/ flightgear, so please don't overlook the Panzer crewman.

_Crew_2.jpg.e7d74680602c9c6a4d8a333c946123f1.jpg

_Crew_3.thumb.jpg.6f2e92189a688dd0d089190eba119605.jpg

Edited by FurphyForum
  • Upvote 3