Han

Developer Diary 214 - Discussion

1000 thanks for this yummy dd!

I am so amazed by the tank crew map and the tank crew. they are so gorgeous.

I will explore this map with the Gaz aa truck for sure to enjoy ALL of what you did.

Fantastic work team! you rock! seriously!

"Other projects" seems very promising. 

Spaciba!

44 minutes ago, [CPT]milopugdog said:

I'm really happy to see that we'll be getting at least one skin with a Reich Defense Band!

i have already started doing them and you can find many already at M4T for the BF109 G6 and G14 , i am now doing the K4 awaitting the FW190 A8 template . Once done i will start doing the JG300 and JG301  defense of the reich but first i need the template .

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, catchthefoxes said:

Also, to specify was the P-51 changed from the D-25 to D-15?

It never was the D-25. That was just a typo.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JG4_Sputnik said:

"...not only for the Tank Crew but also other projects".

Sooooo there are "other projects", too huh? 😎🙃

Nice screenies!
Cheers

PILOTS!!!!!!! ???????

Superb update,

fantastic pics........that 262 though!!

They did it again. Great stuff!!!!

The stupid face and sound I made when I saw the ME262 was inevitable, god, I was so amazed and happy, cant wait!!!

19 minutes ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

PILOTS!!!!!!! ???????

This + 1.  It was great to read of all of the work ongoing. I am really looking forward to the tank crew release and the map to go with it.

S!Blade<><

After seeing this, I might actually take an interest in TC. This looks very good.

And the 262.....WOW!

• Like 1

Yes, I think the crew animation/interaction with planes would be the thing (in the way the Tiger crewman is turning a knob), instead of just wiping his goggles. 

2 hours ago, catchthefoxes said:

This is great!!!! Amazing work devs!!! 

Also, to specify was the P-51 changed from the D-25 to D-15?

It wasn't ever changed. D-25 was a typo. It's always been the -15.

50 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

It never was the D-25. That was just a typo.

Ha!

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Haha 1

Excellent! Thanks very much !

Awesome, looking forward to trying out the new aircraft. The Me-262 looks gorgeous.

Can't wait for the Arras map! 

Edited by TheGreatCabbage

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️  

Thank you devs for hard working :P , good luck in the future 😄

I cant wait for my M4A2 ❤️ 

Edited by GTursonA523

Great News devs :good:

Thanks for another great DD.  Looking forward to all the great new toys.:salute:

Great Update!   Your team is beyond words, the things you keep coming up with are fantastic.  Further your keeping a period in history alive what with all the discussions on the activities taken place during WWII, a period I'm afraid is losing its interest to younger generations.  The discussions in this and other forums plus the literature cited could bring younger flyers into the fold not to mentions the wonderful graphics and settings you've developed for the game.  I never fail to learn something new when I scroll through the forums.  Keep it up.

23 minutes ago, senseispcc said:

Great work maybe I shall buy the tank game, maybe.  Only for the map. :salute:

I am pretty sure the occasional flight over that map will be possible also 🙂

_Prokhorovka_8.jpg

My finger's on the Tank Crew buy button - really looking promising with the crew quality.

Great looking 262. I'll miss B-17's but I guess we adapt to our surroundings and will make do with other mission types.

Nice work team; 2019 is lining up to be another big one.

thanks for the update guys, the 262 looks great, can't wait to see the finished cockpit. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FlyingNutcase said:

My finger's on the Tank Crew buy button - really looking promising with the crew quality.

Great looking 262. I'll miss B-17's but I guess we adapt to our surroundings and will make do with other mission types.

Nice work team; 2019 is lining up to be another big one.

With Shia LaBeouf emphasis: Just do it!

"This forced us to find new technical approaches for character animation that open new prospects not only for the Tank Crew but also other projects."

So there you have it - eventually we will have bodies as pilots and infantry will be present on the battlefields of IL2 BoX titles and Tank Crew. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pericles said:

"This forced us to find new technical approaches for character animation that open new prospects not only for the Tank Crew but also other projects."

So there you have it - eventually we will have bodies as pilots and infantry will be present on the battlefields of IL2 BoX titles and Tank Crew. 

im not sure about infantry on the battlefield ,but there is a high chance for the pilots in the cockpit. I just hope that it will be possible to turn them off

• Upvote 2

Looking amazing for Tank Crew. Can't wait until the map and the Sherman are released, as well as the Me 262.

Good news, things are moving forward. I am sure devs are saturated with three projects at hand. 

Now on the personal side I am not a Tank aficionado so I would have liked efforts concentrated on the Bodenplatte, and only after on Flying Circus.

For what I can see it seems we may have the final golden release of Bodenplatte not be before Christmas 2019 at best.

Frankly initially I would have expected it sooner. I'll be patient.

13 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

So I can start growing an pony-tail now...

I would say in about 6 months;).

16 minutes ago, IckyATLAS said:

For what I can see it seems we may have the final golden release of Bodenplatte not be before Christmas 2019 at best.

Frankly initially I would have expected it sooner. I'll be patient.

I recall the devs saying back in 2017 when Bodenplatte was first announced that development would take about 20 months. With that being said in November and early development beginning likely in February 2018, I’d imagine we’d see Bodenplatte in Summer, early autumn this year. Personally, I feel that Bodenplatte is the best IL-2 instalment in this game.

26 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

I recall the devs saying back in 2017 when Bodenplatte was first announced that development would take about 20 months. With that being said in November and early development beginning likely in February 2018, I’d imagine we’d see Bodenplatte in Summer, early autumn this year. Personally, I feel that Bodenplatte is the best IL-2 instalment in this game.

to quote Jason if I may:

Pony is scheduled for end of June, but may slip a little.

and after that there will be B25, Tempest and P38. I dont think we will see full release in Summer, early autumn this year

Wow!

Fantastic news all round, thank you very much for everything your doing. :salute: