Developer Diary 214 - Discussion

• 1CGS
1 minute ago, Han said:
Hello everybody,

Our map designers are finishing the map of the Southern Kursk salient that includes Prokhorovka. As we announced before, it will utilize the higher detailed landscape wireframe and higher detailed buildings damage. When it is finished, the work on the scenario campaigns for "Clash at Prokhorovka" will begin. The campaigns will recreate the large scale historical events of July 1943 to the South-West of Prokhorovka. Today we can show you several screenshots of this map:

We also started the implementation of the major feature - animated tank crewmen:

Here are first in-game screenshots of Sopwith Dolphin and Fokker D.VII which will be ready soon:

Here are some screenshots of Me 262 A-1/2 (its paint schemes and cockpit are nearly ready):

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 15
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 10
  • Han pinned this topic

Thanks @Han!

A small question regarding the Sopwith Dolphin: are you going to include the same weapon mods as in Rise of Flight? The overwing and wing mounted Lewis guns to be precise. Or will it just be the cockpit mods? (Aldis sight etc.)

• Upvote 1

Wonderful News!

The Skins for the 262 are beautiful ❤️ and the Crewman are  looking very nice!  I can´t wait for the next updates :)I would like to sit in the new Fokker and Dolphin and fly off or drive over the new Tank map. 

Thank you for your hard work Il-2 Team !

Impressive amount of good stuff this time around. Nice to see the Prokhorovka map in all its glory.

One has to appreciate the amount of work that goes into animating the crew members in those extremely tight compartments inside the tanks.

That tank map gave mea sudden urge to fly HS129 Duck , and me and the rig are on the opposite side of the world 😳

Looking good that map, thanks for the update, all these projects together is a breath taking task . I guess patience are in order for all of us

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Han unpinned this topic