GCF

Flying Circus Furball, Regular Sunday Event

2 minutes ago, 666-B33LZ3BUB said:

Just a curious qusetion ... When I fly the server and no one else is on (which is most of the time :( ) the only AI that I can see is my own side (absolutely no enemies) ... Why is that?

Beez~

hi i think, but may be wrong, but AI is triggered by you entering certain points. 

hope this helps

S!

paul

I flew all over but never saw any enemies...Guess i'll try again at some point.

Beez~

What server did you fly on?

At the coconut server the enemy AI fighters are pretty up high. The high is marked on the map. It is about 2500-3000m.

• Upvote 2

Hi Beez

It depends which server you are talking about, and situations can change depending on the map but I have found 3 aggressive Pfalzs at 3k on Jasta 5 and an FDr1 south of their base over the sea, on JG1 there are usually a Camel, Spad, Pfalz and an FDr1 that you bump into reasonably quickly, just remember that they will want to gain alt before venturing into enemy territory in some cases. And on Coconuts campaign server Camels and Spads can be high on patrol or low attacking ground targets after crossing the lines high, both sides usually have a presence near Aumetz. Pfalzs and FDr1s are usually high on patrol, I haven't seen any doing ground attacks, but that is part of the fun, trying to find out where they are. On Coconuts server you even get messages saying where is being attacked or if the enemy is near an airfield.

There are sometimes clues on the mission objective map, it might show patrol areas or assets that need protecting.

I'd recommend and use all 3 servers, a lot of thought and hard work has been done by the mission designers and I don't think they have made it difficult to find the ai, but it shouldn't be too easy either, or you might as well just fly in QMB.

Hope this helps

Daedallus

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

What server did you fly on?

At the coconut server the enemy AI fighters are pretty up high. The high is marked on the map. It is about 2500-3000m.

Jasta 5 i think. there are many servers for FC now they are a bit hidden but i know of about six server. some have really aggressive AI, or feel free to join The Irregulars FC discord channel, fly most nights GTM 20h00 onwards, no squadrons just a place to meet up, and arrange to fly, here is the link, all are welcome.

https://discord.gg/W9RV46p

There will be two voice channels there for sunday night's event, one axis one allied.

S!

paul

Flying Circus Furball

When : Sunday, the 10th February 2019

Time :  19:00 to 02:00  Greenwich Mean Time

20:00 to 03:00  Central European Time
            13:00 to 20:00 Central Time US / Canadian

Where : Jasta 5  Flying Circus Dogfight Server

Type : 6 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Furball.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

Again a very big thanks to All the members of Jasta 5 for allowing us hold the FCF event  on their server, this Sunday and thanks for a great server.

Edited by GCF
adding new info
  • Upvote 2

Won't be able to attend this Sunday. Have fun guys!

Flying Circus Furball

When : Sunday, the 17th February 2019

Time :  19:00 to 02:00  Greenwich Mean Time

20:00 to 03:00  Central European Time
            13:00 to 20:00 Central Time US / Canadian

Where : Jasta 5  Flying Circus Dogfight Server

Type : 6 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Furball.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

Again a very big thanks to All the members of Jasta 5 for allowing us hold the FCF event  on their server, this Sunday and thanks for a great server.

This event will be held every Sunday from 19:00 to 02:00 GMT.

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to let you guys know that we have taken in your feedback regarding Jasta 5s new Volga Twist mission and are pushing an update out to the server with the following changes:

- Airfields and air starts moved closer together and to the action points in general
- Number of air superiority zones reduced to two to concentrate action.

- Convoy ground routes have been shortened and moved closer into the front to make them easier to find.

- Fire barrels and windsocks added to airfields to increase findability.

Thanks,

J5_Matthias

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, J5_Matthias said:

Just wanted to let you guys know that we have taken in your feedback regarding Jasta 5s new Volga Twist mission and are pushing an update out to the server with the following changes:

- Airfields and air starts moved closer together and to the action points in general
- Number of air superiority zones reduced to two to concentrate action.

- Convoy ground routes have been shortened and moved closer into the front to make them easier to find.

- Fire barrels and windsocks added to airfields to increase findability.

Thanks,

J5_Matthias

Thank you very much, the Volga Twist mission, is a lovely map, stunningly beautiful, really looking forward to trying it out with new changes, could you please let us know, when the changes have been implemented.

thanks again

S!

paul

I was briefly in the furball...It was fun but Im kinda rusty as last time I flew ROF was long time ago lol. Anyways It will be even better with new planes and map. I just hope more ppl will play next sunday.

• Like 1

Map updates pushed to the server

Few other things I forgot to mention above.

- Capture zones are now marked with 4 burning fires in the center (I was unaware of the size diference of the capture flags in IL2 and thus why they were hard to see)

- Airstarts lowered from 1500m to 750m and temperature raised to 6 C.

-  New airstarts added which garauntees two different close entry points into the capture zones (2-3 minute flight at most)

Edited by J5_Matthias
  • Thanks 3