Sign in to follow this  
LLv34_Flanker

Key binding woes

S!

Asking here and seeing if anyone else has this problem. I have Kanttori´s throttle that has a lot of functions, windows sees some 100 buttons +several axes. I use Joystick Gremlin to get them all used and seen in BoX. But now I also want to fly Cliffs of Dover and it naturally needs to be mapped properly. My question is that how many buttons does CloD see or recognize? It seems that if I try to map them "off the bat" it is around 30 or so, rest are not seen at all. Axis mapping goes fine as does stick mapping, no problem there. It is just the amount of buttons CloD "understands" that is a bit undocumented. Hopefully the number can be increased as there are quite a few things you could map making flying easier. Anyone found a solution or any tips from TF?

32, I found that info somewhere when I was trying to program a T-50 throttle to handle both CloD and BoX.

• Like 1

S!

So the same as old IL-2 had. Thanks for the information! I hope TF can at some point add support for more, when they have time and resources and if it is feasible.

56 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

So the same as old IL-2 had. Thanks for the information! I hope TF can at some point add support for more, when they have time and resources and if it is feasible.

Please post that on our bugtracker.

Thanks

• Like 1

Is matter of use - in game code, the  latest DImput DLL and increase buttons support up to 128.

S!

Filed a Feature Request #1121. Sokol1, what do you mean? That TF could do that or a player can do it? Would that be approved by TF? I would be happy with a fix from TF :)

This  version of Direct Input with support for more buttons need be integrated in game code by game developers. 

Meanwhile you need use keymapper with this support - Joystick Gremlin, Joy2key...