=SFF=_cercataa

How to play the careers ?

Should I start with the BoS one, or the BoM one ?

If I start it with BoM, then I'll have the same pilot in the BoS and BoK careers ? Or they are completly indepent ?

Edited by =SFF=_cercataa

So you are optimistically assuming your character will survive that long? 😂

I'd go with BoM, see what happens.

• Like 1

I believe that you can keep your pilot but I have not got that far so I'm not sure how it works. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mmaruda said:

So you are optimistically assuming your character will survive that long? 😂

I was assuming permadeath was only in the hardest difficult ... so how does it work when you get killed, you start again ? Or you play with another pilot of the same squadron ?

10 minutes ago, =SFF=_cercataa said:

I was assuming permadeath was only in the hardest difficult ... so how does it work when you get killed, you start again ? Or you play with another pilot of the same squadron ?

There's an option to enable permadeath called "Iron Man" (or something similar). It's disabled by default. If you die with that option enabled, you won't be able to progress any further in the career.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, =SFF=_cercataa said:

Permadeth is an option in the campaign settings. I would make a "what are you casual" or "git gud" joke here, but honestly, I really recommend turning it on - it completely changes the way you play the game. There is a sense of fear, when going into combat, there is no refly button, you actually approach missions more like a real pilot would - the objective and survival are what matters, you don't get into random fights just to rack up some kills. It's more immersive that way, but also teaches you to fly smarter. I totally understand why someone would like a more relaxed experience, but despite some possible frustration, it just make the game... well richer. Suddenly getting back home in one piece after being damaged becomes an adventure on its own, rather than just "oh, well, I'll have to replay that one".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I like to start from the beginning.  Using PWCG I play with max injury = serious wounds.  That way I incur enough of a penalty (several months out of action) to be careful while still being able to progress through the war.  If I did permadeath I would never get past the first few months of the war.

• Like 2

I started with Battle of Moscow, and I've worked my way up to Battle of stalingrad.

If you fly 1 mission per day, it takes a looooong time to work through a campaign, so you can up the speed if you want to.

As to perma-death:

It is a setting you can set in the campaign. However, even if you don't choose to go with Iron Man, be very careful! If you are captured or die in a mission, do NOT click Finish Mission. if you do that, your pilot will remain dead/captured and you won't be able to continue the campaign.

What you need to do is click Restart Mission! It will take you back to the briefing screen and you can fly the mission again, or exit and try again later.

This happened to me a couple times. I'm not super attached to my stats so I just started at the nearest phase of the campaign and went from there.

Once I get through all three campaigns I'll start some Iron Man mode attempts I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mmaruda said:

Permadeth is an option in the campaign settings. I would make a "what are you casual" or "git gud" joke here, but honestly, I really recommend turning it on - it completely changes the way you play the game. There is a sense of fear, when going into combat, there is no refly button, you actually approach missions more like a real pilot would - the objective and survival are what matters, you don't get into random fights just to rack up some kills. It's more immersive that way, but also teaches you to fly smarter. I totally understand why someone would like a more relaxed experience, but despite some possible frustration, it just make the game... well richer. Suddenly getting back home in one piece after being damaged becomes an adventure on its own, rather than just "oh, well, I'll have to replay that one".

You convinced me to play the career a second time ... now I'm to green to make it

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

It is a setting you can set in the campaign. However, even if you don't choose to go with Iron Man, be very careful! If you are captured or die in a mission, do NOT click Finish Mission. if you do that, your pilot will remain dead/captured and you won't be able to continue the campaign.

What you need to do is click Restart Mission! It will take you back to the briefing screen and you can fly the mission again, or exit and try again later.

This happened to me a couple times. I'm not super attached to my stats so I just started at the nearest phase of the campaign and went from there.

Once I get through all three campaigns I'll start some Iron Man mode attempts I think.

Thanks for the tip !!!!

I have the same plans, but maybe when I finish there is another campaign ...

4 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I like to start from the beginning.  Using PWCG I play with max injury = serious wounds.  That way I incur enough of a penalty (several months out of action) to be careful while still being able to progress through the war.  If I did permadeath I would never get past the first few months of the war.

Look like a very interesting tool ... thanks for the tip !!!

So where can I view my missions flown record? I can`t find it in Pilot Statistics?

I started my first career in Moscow, and I got captured after 5 or 6 missions ...

That's perfect, I just found the settings I want for my career, now I'll create a pilot that I really care about him.

How long does it take to finish the Moscow Career ?

55 minutes ago, =SFF=_cercataa said:

How long does it take to finish the Moscow Career ?

Depends on your career settings. If you chose realistic time I´d say 2-3 missions per day over 6 months = roughly 400 - 450 missions if your unit is on the frontline the whole time.

3 hours ago, sevenless said:

Depends on your career settings. If you chose realistic time I´d say 2-3 missions per day over 6 months = roughly 400 - 450 missions if your unit is on the frontline the whole time.

OMG, that's really long !!!!!

Whit the setting I have only played with difficulty and "front activity" I think it was called ... Realistic was always on.

YES!  your pilot will carry on to the next campaign.. and as the others have stated.. If your pilot survives :)

I only play iron-man on so "if he dies, he dies" -Ivan Drago - Rocky 2

but ive managed to rack up a score and get on the world newspaper...