GCF

What the FC !!! Are we slipping back into multiplayer winter in FC ?

FC players may have noticed that since JG1 FC server has gone to only being an FC server on a Sunday, (i think i am correct on that info, please correct me if not), FC has, literally, taken a massive back step. Problem is we all go used to the JG1 server being a meeting place for FC multiplayer, ( multiplayer is the whole FC game at the moment), and only way to find people online is to boot up game and look to see if anyone is one any of the multiple FC severs. very difficult for those using vr, or loadable joystick profiles.

Lets bring FC back into the spring sunshine and not let her fall back into a winter of no multiplayer.

Possible solutions is , i have been looking at servers and have a few i would like to nominate , that the discord Irregulars FC group use regularly every evening. we will be on one of these servers, normaly  about 8pm to 1am GMT, and me ill fly almost any time, any one , any where "bring out your lead" 🙂 just send me a pm anytime, and we can arrange to fly in 20 min notice, if im avalible, which is almost all the time.

FC Servers

Jasta 5 

Good, You v AI or MP opponents dogfight server.

Like JG1 except has air starts in forward and rear areas, as well as ground starts.) Trucks very hard to kill without bombs. AI very aggressive but a bit suisidal and may try ramming you, so be aware. engine and airframe damage model very sensitive, so i just never run over 95% power in combat. Excellent server , very smooth, a bit more detailed and in depth than, standard dogfight server, due to 3 start points on each side, 2 air starts and 1 ground start. i am in communication with the Jaster 5 server owner, so if you want to give me any feedback on server i will gladly pass it on.

Coconuts FC (icons enabled)

Nice, big map multiplayer campaign server, with a lot of ground targets, but little if no Aircraft AI, nice weather differences "i'm  flying in the rain, Ooowa,  what a wonderfull feeling, it is, flying in the rain.". A very well put together FC server and the first FC campaign server i have seen.

Runs very smooth and is a very detailed, big area, with masses of opposing Ground targets, trucks , fuel dumps, ect.

Training Server 72AG

Best instant 1v1 or 2v2 or 1v2 , ect. Dueling Dogfight server, in my opinion, as it offers unique features, like air to air opposing start, ground v ground start (opposing runways at same airfield, but the best function is you have all planes unlocked on all start points, so you can play camel v camel or dr1 v dr1, not very realistic, but excellent fun and very different dogfight flying against exactly the same plan as you are in. only thing is be aware you will have to use distinctive skins, if you are playing mixed as ground start 1 is axis base, when you select camel there the camel will still shows roundinals on the plane, to prevent blue on blue fire.

I mention these 3 servers, me had time to test them a bit, and they have a very good, stable connection and nice or no ping rate.

please feel free to add any servers you think need a mention, i play with mods disabled, and without icons , so will be switching them off in coconuts but no worries for me if you want to use them against me in any type of multiplayer. i dont mind.

you could join up with a teamspeak group or a discord group like The Irregulars discord server where me and others fly and chat to see who is up for flying without having to start up game every 15 min.

Here is the link https://discord.gg/W9RV46p 

i'm on most day, on discord on the channel above, always up for a dogfight or MP FC game or MP training , ect.

Thank all

S!

paul

Edited by GCF
spelling mistake of server name
  • Like 4

Ah, remember the good old days of Flying Circus?  If only we could somehow recapture those glorious days of....last week...🙄

btw, I guess you can call me a nitpicker, but you've used the word "Jaster" in several threads now.  The word you're looking for is "Jasta", as an abbreviation of Jagdstaffel.

• Thanks 2

Just now, SeaSerpent said:

Ah, remember the good old days of Flying Circus?  If only we could somehow recapture those glorious days of....last week...🙄

btw, I guess you can call me a nitpicker, but you've used the word "Jaster" in several threads now.  The word you're looking for is "Jasta", as an abbreviation of Jagdstaffel.

thank you mate , that one i totaly missed, ive always had problems with reading and writing, normaly aviod it like the plage, but learning, thanks for pointing that on out, and i mean that , not being sarcstic. and to all for the times i have called Jasta a jaster. i apoligise.

i also remember the bad old days of FC , a month back lol

edited thanks

What FC is crying out for is what they call a 'fast food' server.

As much as private servers need to be appreciated, all the WW1 options are configured on WW2 scales.

It takes me 10+ minutes to find a fight with a bot if I'm on my own, then about as long to find another one.

On a dogfight map in RoF on my own I'll be shooting bots at the rate of 1 / 90 seconds, although it's slowly getting worse in this regard also.

We need some faster action to help keep low numbers around and thereby 'seed' a server.

It's still RoF first for me at the moment.

S!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GCF said:

but little if no Aircraft AI,

I know that you are new to it, but AI is a fresh newbie feature and it is not very welcomed by veterans unless we are talking two-seaters or big bombers (Gotha, Page). I rather fly half an hour alone waiting for another player to join than to be among moronic AIs. Even if the AI was OK, I wound not want them around.

I really do hope in the future we get some servers with no AI in sight and no icons. Then we can truly practice hunting tactics, awareness and skills without having to 'dodge' AIs along the way. But would be nice to have some bomber and two-seter raids to practice.

And thanks for putting these threads together. I'll keep these servers in mind and will try to join in when I can. I recently built a new rig and it is taking a while to set everything up and last Sunday I flew with heavy tearing / stutter, which happens only in multiplayer. So I need to sort these things out (my connection is better than with my last rig by the way).

• Upvote 1

I suspect that FC doesn't have the customer base yet to create that trickle-down effect that adds up to sufficient numbers of MP users.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

I know that you are new to it, but AI is a fresh newbie feature and it is not very welcomed by veterans unless we are talking two-seaters or big bombers (Gotha, Page). I rather fly half an hour alone waiting for another player to join than to be among moronic AIs. Even if the AI was OK, I wound not want them around.

I really do hope in the future we get some servers with no AI in sight and no icons. Then we can truly practice hunting tactics, awareness and skills without having to 'dodge' AIs along the way. But would be nice to have some bomber and two-seter raids to practice.

And thanks for putting these threads together. I'll keep these servers in mind and will try to join in when I can. I recently built a new rig and it is taking a while to set everything up and last Sunday I flew with heavy tearing / stutter, which happens only in multiplayer. So I need to sort these things out (my connection is better than with my last rig by the way).

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and preferred method of gameplay, and I expect when we get a map there'll be plenty of choices that suit you SW.

But I can't let you away with constantly calling bot planes a "newbie feature". Try telling that to those who have played career mode for years.

The vehicles, trains, boats and AA are all bots too.

It's all a game at the end of the day, none of it's real, and we all do it for our own individual fun.

And for some of us 'fun' entails having some good old scraps and trying to shoot other planes down, and not everyone wants to wait half an hour doing nothing.

In times of extremely low numbers, bots are needed to get peple playing outside of organised events.

In RoF some clever chappy nearly got it right by the removal of bots when human pilots arrived, but it's implementation is wrong in my opinion and it doesn't 'work'.

I'd rather not see bots either when there's a good number of human fliers, but currently there aren't a good number of human fliers.

And with FC being new, I'm sure many would appreciate a little more intense practice.

S!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to add that the Flying Ass Clowns are hosting a multiplayer server with dedicated FC combat zone for months now, the only reason why this constantly gets ignored is probably that we use Mods=ON mode.

The server is active 24/7 and in case you don't have human players with you, there's random AI planes with random skill (1 or two of them randomly, with respawn) waiting for you in a combat zone clearly shown on the map.

:drinks:

Mike

• Like 1

JG1 server will be running FiF practice maps a few days a week for the upcoming event held on Saturdays.

Edited by Klugermann
typo

2 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Try telling that to those who have played career mode for years.

In multiplayer it is. This is what we are discussing here, so you are off-topic.

And I'm not saying that multiplayer can't have AI scouts. I'm saying I really do hope in the future we get some servers with no AI in sight and no icons. 

My inclination is to agree with both of you,  Seawolf AND Zooropa Fly.

I have stooged around in a number of servers for an hour or more without seeing a single other player come online. 

I would rather play against another player, but, in the absence of another player, a bot will do.

But not for much longer.

The fundamental point is, I think, this:

At present, all we have are four Great War aeroplanes transplanted in time and space to a Second World War environment.

That's it.

Until that changes - well, we don't have a game, we have four aeroplanes and a promise.

I cannot tell you how excited I was to read - way back in 2017 - on the RoF forum that FC was on the way.

I choose not to write how disappointed I am at the lack of progress, because there would be no way to do so without sounding simultaneously churlish and childish, and I'd like to hope I am neither of those two things.

Edited by SP1969
Apparently, I'm too depressed to be able to spell.
  • Like 2

Not and remain sane, admittedly.

But I made no claims to that.

• Haha 1

Things will pickup more as content is released and once we can start having proper missions with objectives.  In the mean time WW2 is where the action is at 24/7 and basic fundamental air combat tactics in WW1 still apply in WW2 if you want to improve your skillz especially since WW2 is (in my opinion) more demanding of situational awareness, fast reaction times, and split second decision making.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

your right i have only been flying FC for about a month or two and never really got into BOS BOM BOK, so yes raw beginner but would still take a now it all veteran on in the air if he would except the chalanges i have made, you can be a veteran in whatever game you want BOM, BOS, BOK, ROF, to me it dont count for nothing mate, niether does you big mouth always spouting of at how experianced and how good you are in FC, thats all i hear form you and how other people are newbies, i have a little secret for you, and that is you are as much of a nubie as i am in this game, unless you have played FC in some other dimenition, where you must live adnd consider your self  a god in the air in FC. strange how everytime i ask you to one on one dogfight you have and excuss like " it would be like me giving my secrets away that have take me over ten years to aquire," honestly who do you think you are to think, you are so superiour in the air to me. well come on, lets have it, come 1v1 in training sever 72AG, if you not worried about making a fool of yourself, come show me how much of a nubbie i am at a brand new game, stop insulting me be refering to me as a nubie, lets just see who is the nubie is mate. put your money where you mouth is and i will show you how much better you are in FC firrst to 5 kills, first to ACE the other one. Please stop typing and start flying if you dare, ill fly camel you can fly any plane you want mate even if its another camel, ill even agree to you filming it and posting it on here irispective win or loose, can you say the same ? its put up or shut up time MR SeaWolf

have a lovely evening , hope to here from you soon, like tonight preferably lets get this sorted once and for all. your obviasly and extremely experianced pilot with 100's of hour ive been flying for weeks complete nube , what you got to worry about mate, all the best

S!

paul 

oh incase you say its off topic, i am talking about multiplayer you me 1v1 incase you worries about bots there are non on 72AG

• Haha 2

I suppose you are under a lot of stress with all that you are doing in here, and then I'll just imagine that you are having a bad day. I hope you are feeling better now. No use to get attached to these things dude.

And the only time that I bragged about something that I recall here was when someone, as it all indicated, insinuated that I wasn't doing so well in the missions. I don't like low blows or innuendos and I don't tend to react nicely.

And you bet, I'll be at the servers. It is the best way to populate them.

Quick note about the AI on the Jasta 5 server. 

The AI on our server can be ignored, there are four "Drones" circling near each rear field that are only for target practice. They will not attack or interact with you at all. Strictly targets.

The aggressive AI that GCF mentioned in his post will only spawn IF you enter the the patrol zones on the northern portion of the map. (and yes, they are aggressive!) If you stay out of that area, you can fly for the entire hour without triggering them. 

Mentioned before...  the server is also listed on the IL2 site so you can check there to see if anyone is on before logging into the game.  

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This whole thread might as well say: are we there yet?

I understand and have also felt the frustration of waiting, but Flying Circus multiplayer will pick up when it nears release, that much is clear. That said, as someone who plays mainly multiplayer, I don't see the point of choosing FC over RoF just yet. I have to admit that I was upset that the Camel and Pfalz were taking so long, but then we also got new player models, new animations and parachutes.

Just for fun, we can take a quick look at what still needs to happen and guesstimate how much effort from the team is required:

• WWI map: We don't know how far along they are and they may very well keep this until last. Without a WWI map there's no multiplayer possible beyond quick dogfights.

• Scouts: The Albatros D.VaS.E.5a and Sopwith Dolphin are very similar in operation to the planes we already have, although they all have Lewis overwing guns (optional in the D.Va and Dolphin) which can be angled upwards, a feature not yet present in the new engine. The Dolphin also has wing mounted guns optional which can be fired separately, though these are probably less of an issue. The Fokker D.VII is probably the "easiest" of the remaining scouts for the team to port over, though she will be outfitted with two engines (Mercedes D.IIIa and BMW IIIa), instead of being two separate planes (Fokker D.VII and Fokker D.VIIF), making her distinct from her RoF counterpart.

LewisTopAlbatros_2_s.png (optional D.Va overwing Lewis "trophy")LewisWingDolphin_2_s.png (optional Dolphin wing mounted Lewis)

• Two-seaters: Both the Bristol Fighter and Halberstadt CL.II have two engine variants, and we obviously need gunner models and animations. The Bristol Fighter also has Lewis overwing guns, and either a single or double Lewis gun turret. The Halberstadt, by comparison, has twin forward firing Spandaus optional, either a single or twin Parabellum turret and a 20mm Becker.

SpandauTwin_2_s.png (optional CL.II twin Spandaus)TurretBecker_2_s.png (optional Cl.II 20mm Becker)

In other words: the planes which all more or less operate the same way are done, and quite a bit of coding is left to do on the remaining six.

I'm hoping that the S.E.5a and Albatros D.Va are next, as they should no doubt attract a crowd.

Edited by Hellbender
  • Upvote 3

no stress mate, and no worries, dont remember the "And the only time that I bragged about something that I recall here was when someone, as it all indicated, insinuated that I wasn't doing so well in the missions." sorry dont know what you are on about with this statement please clarife, because i have not got a clue. as for your statement "I don't like low blows or innuendos and I don't tend to react nicely." i agree and felt exactly the same about your opening comment " I know that you are new to it, but AI is a fresh newbie feature and it is not very welcomed by veterans", thats why you got the responce you got. i know the fact well,  i never fly against AI, not since about day 2, i love multiplayer and FC and at moment FC is only multiplayer, youve even killed me in past but i am learning fast, its a game so the more i die the more i learn,, i have no stress with what i have taken on, in FC , mainly doing it to get game working so i can have opponents to fly against, because i will not fly against AI better to fight humans.

the only thing i am getting sick and tired of is ROF flyers looking down there noses at new FC players, i know FC is based on ROF but FC is ROF are different, games and most importantly,for me  FC has vr support, ROF is the present and the past but FC is the future, i know that there is bad blood between ROF and FC , with you all buying addons and money to have your game sold out from under you all and you get given a very small discount and get told to start buying FC, not our fault that ROF producers iether went bust or sold out, but the reality is ROF is at the end of development and FC is being made to replace ROF. eventualy. but they are two individual games. one anear end of life on starting out.

i am not upset or stressed out, infact having the time of my life and loving life and FC, first time in a very long time , to be exact.

i hold you no hard will never met you, in preson, juts had enough tonight, this is the only FC forum we have and it seems no subject or discussion can be posted here without some one refering to or compareing FC to ROF, or arguing what is best what deserves what place in the pecking tree, FC or ROF, well in here it is easy, its FC that matters not ROF or any other game otherwise it would be called the FC and ROF forum. nubie this and that because you all played a different game that what i have read even the planes handle and control diferently.

i must admit i may have been a like a shotgun blast but i had just had enough, with everyone knocking FC i love the game, great fun but , yes not finished by a long shot but instead of moaning what is missing and throughjing a strop, we all signed up for FC and where a bit disapointed, in lack of content, but that is hen the playeres themselves step up and do the best with what they have , thats all im doing instead of moaning im being proactive , all because i love flying in dogfights in FC. And please remember we all signed you knowing it was early access.

thanks

S!

paul

19 hours ago, =CfC=FatherTed said:

Well that escalated quickly...

On 1/23/2019 at 7:43 AM, SeaSerpent said:

Ah, remember the good old days of Flying Circus?  If only we could somehow recapture those glorious days of....

Rise of Flight

History tends to repeat itself.

20 minutes ago, Hellbender said:

I'm hoping that the S.E.5a and Albatros D.Va are next, as they should no doubt attract a crowd.

I think the D7 will already bring some people, although I agree that the S.E.5a have a strong following. About the crowd per se, FC does not need to bring a lot to the table right now. A half dozen people during afternoons is enough to go from there.

History tends to repeat itself. true very true but until FC dies i think it may have its time in the sun before it is its self is suppersseeded, it is the way of life.

peace  Seawolf ?

2 hours ago, J5_Gamecock said:

the server is also listed on the IL2 site so you can check there to see if anyone is on before logging into the game.  

An excellent concept to be commended to all players. Don't connect unless there's someone on already; what could possibly go wrong? Did someone say winter? We'll be lucky to avoid an ice age.

For pity's sake: Trash those sites before they trash our games!

1 hour ago, SeaW0lf said:

I think the D7 will already bring some people, although I agree that the S.E.5a have a strong following. About the crowd per se, FC does not need to bring a lot to the table right now. A half dozen people during afternoons is enough to go from there.

The trouble is, it isn't even getting half a dozen people, SeaWolf.

This game is a niche, within a niche, within a niche.

Serious flight sims require a lot of expensive hardware and a lot of time investment, this was never going to be a game that would appeal to the 'Fortnite' brigade, for example. 

I cannot speak for anyone other than myself in this, and would not presume to do so, so anything I write here is my opinion only and is applicable only to my appreciation of the situation.

This game, in order to play it as the designer intended, costs the consumer somewhere in the region of £1,500 GBP. 

Minimum.

You need a decent modern computer, with a modern graphics card.

You need a control stick, a pair of pedals and a throttle.

To take advantage of the better graphics, you need a decent gaming monitor and head tracker of some description, or a VR set. You need a fast internet connection. You need space in your home to have all this set up.

The hardware requirements themselves preclude casual involvement.

The game itself, whilst not stupidly expensive, when compared to other serious flight sims, at least, does cost the same as one and a half AAA top ten FPS type games.

Then you have to factor in the learning curve, the time investment required - deciding to play Flying Circus isn't the kind of casual decision that one would take in buying one of the Far Cry games, or dipping into ARMA, for example.

All the above doesn't even take into account the interest that one has to have in flying Great War aeroplanes in the first place.

I, and I expect many of the other forum contributors, already owned much of the necessary hardware, to one degree or another.

For me, it was RoF that drove many of the purchasing decisions - better stick, better rudder pedals,  GPU upgrades, bigger, higher resolution monitor ( s ), because RoF had, for me EXACTLY the right degree of playability, immersion and variety of mode to pay back the investment.

I had a period of not playing, because of some fairly catastrophic events taking place in my personal life, but generally, when I played a PC flying game, for many years, RoF was the game I played.

I own WOFF. I own two of the other BoX modules. I own the old IL2 and various others - but it was RoF that captured my heart and it is RoF that I play.

Like most of you - ( I would guess ) - I own every single bloody RoF aircraft ( with the exception of the S 16 ).

The overall cost has been more than offset  by the sheer amount of enjoyment I have gained from RoF and I don't begrudge a single penny of the investment.

For me, it defines the genre.

There is nothing to touch it in terms of breadth and depth of player experience, especially when one adds in the mods and, of course, perhaps more than anything, Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator.

And that, I would suggest, more than anything else, is the Achilles heel of Flying Circus.

The people that were going to invest heavily in a Great War flight sim have already done so.

The trouble with Flying Circus is that 1CGS is in the difficult situation of selling an evolved version of that same product - and do not misunderstand me , I am fully aware and highly appreciative of the technical advances, modelling and visuals of the new rendering and engine - everything is better, technically - to the same group of people, more or less,  who will already own RoF.

Since I purchased the FC early access, I haven't played RoF very much.

There is no doubt ( in my mind - I speak only for myself ) that the improved graphics of the newer game have, to a certain extent, made the older sim appear quite visually dated, in normal game play.

The damage model, the game engine - they are, subjectively speaking, a huge leap forward.

But the whole thing feels sterile, outside of the thrill of a dogfight.

There is zero immersion. 

Worse, what little immersion there is, is often broken by the anachronisms inherent in placing WW1 aircraft into a WW2 environment and it is this that I personally consider is going to be the deal breaker with Flying Circus - and,  I would suggest, until it is addressed, the appeal of Flying circus is going to be very very limited.

All of which, no doubt, reads as if I am slating the new game, being overly critical and negative.

Which could not be further from the truth.

Having played FC fairly regularly, it ought to be apparent that I do not, in any way,  dislike the game - quite the contrary, I love it, I love it, I love it. 

It has so much potential, so many possibilities.

Playing the Early Access of FC has thrown, for me, into stark relief the dated aspects of Rise of Flight. Once seen, they cannot be unseen.

Equally, the sheer immersive brilliance of the earlier game leaves the new game with an extremely large pair of shoes to fill - RoF remains 'THE' definitive WW1 flight sim in this regard.

We are told the map is coming.

More than anything else I am of the impression that this will bring to Flying Circus the 'draw' that is currently lacking, the sense of immersion that is currently, from my viewpoint at least, missing from the  Early Access experience.

I apologise for the length of this post - and I hope that it isn't read as being critical of Flying Circus, because that is not my intent. 

But things need to move along now, or I think Son of RoF will be still born. 

Edited by SP1969
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I check the RoF server thingy regularly, it's great. An in-server alarm on the other hand I would guess is a complete waste of time? 

Some of you gents need to back up and remember that it's a pre-order pre-release with 4 planes and no map.

It's good that there is some excitement in the air and folks are working with what they have to make servers and such, but it's still early days. It will probably be years before FC catches up with the content available in RoF right now. My own squadron is messing about with FC, but there is nothing serious to be had here yet. We are not interested in icons on circle jerk servers.

You also should be aware that a lot of the ww1 community have been doing this sort of thing since RoF or before (RB2) and this is not their first go around with creating servers, maps scenarios etc.. JG1's server is being used for other important stuff on different days so it's not up all the time. I think that stuff will all come in due time. I can't wait for campaign servers with all the bells and whistles, you can be the 103rd will be there high in the sun!

Constantly posting about MP is annoying, there is only fluff in FC MP for now and no serious play with objectives, scoring, squadron operations etc. Fluff, but no meat so to speak. There are no two seaters in the game yet even, some of the planes seem a bit broken, other important planes are still in the works.

Lets just sit back relax and see what happens.

S!

Hunter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Klugermann said:

History tends to repeat itself.

Yes, and the more things change, the more they remain the same, Jaster5_Klugermann!

19 hours ago, US103_Hunter said:

Lets just sit back relax and see what happens.

S!

Hunter

Don't sit back too long...

Related image

Er...Shooting Stars has TWO dedicated WW1 servers.

One with icons and Red vs Blue. The other is expert mode. Decent ai numbers for while you wait too.

If you're really hanging out for a fuller WW1 air fighting experience, come and join us for the RoF Thursday Night Flyin ( this week on Wargrounds - about 830pm EST) or the Sunday Vintage Mission session on Cuban's Syndicate server (5pm GMT). 

Both get 25-40 pilots weekly, engaging in a full variety of missions and tactics. A group of pilots will usually head over to FC afterwards too.

Edited by US103_Baer
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, US103_Baer said:

Er...Shooting Stars has TWO dedicated WW1 servers.

One with icons and Red vs Blue. The other is expert mode. Decent ai numbers for while you wait too.

If you're really hanging out for a fuller WW1 air fighting experience, come and join us for the RoF Thursday Night Flyin ( this week on Wargrounds - about 830pm EST) or the Sunday Vintage Mission session on Cuban's Syndicate server (5pm GMT). 

Both get 25-40 pilots weekly, engaging in a full variety of missions and tactics. A group of pilots will usually head over to FC afterwards too.

hi i like Shooting Stars every much only did not mention because, in my area UK it has problems for me and other players with its ping.

really like it, if someone thinks AI is easy, join this server and get attacked by 5 or more AI at once , great fun, a really nice server would be one of my favourates except for me and others i fly with having high pings Europe and US.

hi all i would like to appoligise to Seawolf personaly, and to you all for my posts here last night, lost my rag. not with Seawolf per say, but with the constant ROF v FC stuff. and Seawolf ended up getting both barrels of my frustration. i am sorry mate, hope you dont hold it against me.

thanks

S!

paul

• Like 1

Hey GCF,

I'd try and get used to hearing about RoF.

FC is essentially RoF MkII, most of the buyers will have come from RoF I suspect, so comparisons from time to time are innevitable.

Particularly considering they way the game is being released.

As time goes by and the content increases I'm sure it'll be discussed less and less.

S!

Edited by Zooropa_Fly

10 hours ago, SP1969 said:

The trouble is, it isn't even getting half a dozen people, SeaWolf.

Many things contributed to it. Just recently we have a server listed every day. And the planes matchups released by the studio were not good. But perhaps it is too early yet, but FC has given me enough fun so far and things will only improve.

Going into the future, the mission builder is a problem. Regular people cannot go past triggers and objectives, which then deliver the servers to a few brave who have the time and knowledge to mess with it. The relationship in between players and servers unfortunately comes close sometimes to a customer / studio relationship (troubled), and ROF history is proof of that, because the player base has no options. They can’t open their own servers and missions.

Then we all do what we can, and sometimes it is not enough.

3 hours ago, GCF said:

hi all i would like to appoligise to Seawolf personaly, and to you all for my posts here last night, lost my rag. not with Seawolf per say, but with the constant ROF v FC stuff. and Seawolf ended up getting both barrels of my frustration. i am sorry mate, hope you dont hold it against me.

thanks

S!

paul

It happens mate, I'm cool. I apologgize if I came across arrogant. It was not my intention. We have our challenges here in a community and often :biggrin: things get out of hand.

Cheers, 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Hey GCF,

FC is essentially RoF MkII, most of the buyers will have come from RoF I suspect, so comparisons from time to time are innevitable.

As time goes by and the content increases I'm sure it'll be discussed less and less.

S!

I agree 100% but not what i was complaining about, really. its rather the in fighting , about the my game is better than yours, i am not new to flight sims, i even bought ROF when it came out, bought loads of DCS , not played much, played il2 back in origenal before 1946 il2. i own all il2 games going back to start except tank and some collector planes, even own il2 Battle of Britain which was for me a waste of money, as no VR support and that is the biggest deal breaker for me, as been waiting over 10 years to be able to fly as never could get use to HAT Switch or IR tack 5.

As for ROF players having an outright advantage in FC is not really true after the first month of play, in FC by a player that has been interested in ww1 dog fighting, there whole life. the model as i have been hearing in FC to ROF is quite different, what advantage does and ROF player transioning to FC have above a person that has played il2 ww2 for years and has had an active intrest in ww1 planes and ww1 dog fighting tactics all their life ?

i agree that FC is ROF mk2 but can not directly compare them, due to updates. to me it seems like a comparison between two totaly different game from different era's, like compareing donkey kong to mario brothers, same game type, one developed out of the other, but miles apart.

ROF has been for a long time, the only, to near realistical WW1 game as far as i know, but no more there are two now a complete outdated game ROF ans a new uncomplete game called FC. but there is no choise between the two, and no need to chose one over the other if you like both play both, after all thats the main reason we all fly and that is to have fun.

6 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

It happens mate, I'm cool. I apologgize if I came across arrogant. It was not my intention. We have our challenges here in a community and often :biggrin: things get out of hand.

Cheers, 

thanks mate

S!

paul

• Thanks 1

While we wait for the Cambreai map, the Cuban map has great mountain range that could be turned into make-believe Italian/Adriatic setting. Shame about the Hanriot, though :). 

The mighty U-2 could well be used to proxy bombers/recons for both sides... with guns mods locked (otherwise, it becomes a heavy fighter). The main problem is lack of skins allowing to IFF it without icons. Unless it's "Entente has Camelbombers, Central has U-2 wiht no guns" scenario. 

17 minutes ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

The mighty U-2 could well be used to proxy bombers/recons for both sides... with guns mods locked (otherwise, it becomes a heavy fighter). The main problem is lack of skins allowing to IFF it without icons. Unless it's "Entente has Camelbombers, Central has U-2 wiht no guns" scenario. 

Certainly better than nothing, Trupobaw, couldn't agree more.

I briefly looked over the Po2 to see whether a couple of 'Hollywood' skins were feasible, but concluded that I wasn't prepared to invest the time required to make the detailing layers from scratch.

As soon as they release a template, I'll knock a few 'Hollywood' skins up, it wouldn't take long.

37 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Hey GCF,

S!

I agree 100% but not what i was complaining about, really. its rather the in fighting , about the my game is better than yours, i am not new to flight sims, i even bought ROF when it came out, bought loads of DCS , not played much, played il2 back in origenal before 1946 il2. i own all il2 games going back to start except tank and some collector planes, even own il2 Battle of Britain which was for me a waste of money, as no VR support and that is the biggest deal breaker for me, as been waiting over 10 years to be able to fly as never could get use to HAT Switch or IR tack 5.

As for ROF players having an outright advantage in FC is not really true after the first month of play, in FC by a player that has been interested in ww1 dog fighting, there whole life. the model as i have been hearing in FC to ROF is quite different, what advantage does and ROF player transioning to FC have above a person that has played il2 ww2 for years and has had an active intrest in ww1 planes and ww1 dog fighting tactics all their life ?

i agree that FC is ROF mk2 but can not directly compare them, due to updates. to me it seems like a comparison between two totaly different game from different era's, like compareing donkey kong to mario brothers, same game type, one developed out of the other, but miles apart.

ROF has been for a long time, the only, to near realistical WW1 game as far as i know, but no more there are two now, a complete but outdated game ROF and a new uncomplete game called FC. so you could say you have the best of both worlds or the worsed of both worlds, depending on your personal outlook on life.

Making Hollywood skins are one thing, having everyone on both sides download them and be able to tell friend from foe is another...