JG1_Hotlead's official Twitch stream thread!

42 minutes ago, JG1_Hotlead_J10 said:

Those guys were ferocious! Never seen a SPAD dogfight like that, but @Burdohl sent me home seriously wounded. 🤕😮

Yes, at ca. 1h 39m.

Double accounts 😁

I wish for more confrontation with those gents, this was really challenging and FUN! After the fights, together with @1PL-Lucas-1Eskwe recalled past encounters from the early RoF years vs @=FB=VikS and @=FB=Vaal and other Flying Barans' guys - similary incredible fights, always.

Edited by 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk
  • Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, JG1_Hotlead_J10 said:

Those guys were ferocious! Never seen a SPAD dogfight like that, but @Burdohl sent me home seriously wounded. 🤕😮

I was in that D7 which gave you time to disengage and do not FF. You were seriously wounded and had very small chances to survive that crazy aggressive and well handled Spad 😉

Glad you make it save after that FF !

• Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk said:

Double accounts 😁

I wish for more confrontation with those gents, this was really challenging and FUN! After the fights we recalled past encounters from the early RoF years vs Vicks and Vaal - similary incedible fights.

...Sometimes you just need to take a break from the "Serious" flying 😉

sX9kUKqm.png
4GCEgg9m.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

I was in that D7 which gave you time to disengage and do not FF. You were seriously wounded and had very small chances to survive that crazy aggressive and well handled Spad 😉

Glad you make it save after that FF !

Thanks for saving me there! 😄 Much appreciated! 💯 The FF incident was vexing, but it all worked out in the end! 😅👍

47 minutes ago, US93_Larner said:

...Sometimes you just need to take a break from the "Serious" flying 😉

sX9kUKqm.png
4GCEgg9m.jpg

Ahhhh... so lemme get this straight, were you also Burdohl? That dude also flew a red striped SPAD. 🤔🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, JG1_Hotlead_J10 said:

What kind of maniac would even consider flying a SPAD in that fashion? And from below? Absolute heresy. The 3PG better have a word with him.

Edited by US213_Biddle
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Check the canvas in your 3PG SPADS! 😄

But, seriously, that was really amazing. I wish I would record more. Was a great pleasure watching boom and zoom attack of two S13 which was performed in a great coordination. And those long range bursts from below, ouch!

S!

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
After flying in JG1's Flanders in Flames online war, I switched to Flying Circus for a livestream. I took a SPAD to even the sides. Had been some time since I'd flown in one of those! @I./JG1_Pfeil joined me shortly after I got on and we had a really good sortie together! We each bagged one kill and - thanks to Pfeil's excellent situational awareness - we managed to survive a situation that very nearly could have lead to our demise.

One of the reasons I love flying in JG1; good times with awesome wingmen. 😎

As an added bonus, running chat commentary for the stream was provided by Emperor @US213_Biddle

You can watch the livestream at the link below! 😄

Edited by JG1_Hotlead_J10
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

This afternoon, I had a great time on the Flugpark server winging up with @J133-BryMack and @J133-G_von_Floppa! We flew high, we flew low, we had triumphant moments, we nearly died. All in all, a pretty average day on the Flugpark server! 😁

Thanks for letting me tag along guys! Was a hoot! 😃

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon guys!

For those who aren't aware, Jasta 5's Spring Offensive is now live! Every Saturday until May 1, from 1600 GMT to 2000 GMT, scores of pilots take to the skies for historical air combat with a moving front line. Unfortunately, my next few Saturdays are probably going to be full, so this is likely my only chance to participate. But WOW...am I glad I did! Iffy DMs notwithstanding, J5 put together an awesome campaign! 

I ended up flying SPADs in defense of the Southern sector, flying with 1PL, Tailmange, and CubanCoveRunner. We had some awesome dogfights, adrenaline-pumping ground attack stuff, and I ended up getting stuck in a fence on landing, repaired and managed to unstick myself by running the engine at full and wriggling my way out. 😂 All in all, lots of fun and stuff you don't see everyday! 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, JG1_Hotlead_J10 said:

Good afternoon guys!

For those who aren't aware, Jasta 5's Spring Offensive is now live! Every Saturday until May 1, from 1600 GMT to 2000 GMT, scores of pilots take to the skies for historical air combat with a moving front line. Unfortunately, my next few Saturdays are probably going to be full, so this is likely my only chance to participate. But WOW...am I glad I did! Iffy DMs notwithstanding, J5 put together an awesome campaign! 

I ended up flying SPADs in defense of the Southern sector, flying with 1PL, Tailmange, and CubanCoveRunner. We had some awesome dogfights, adrenaline-pumping ground attack stuff, and I ended up getting stuck in a fence on landing, repaired and managed to unstick myself by running the engine at full and wriggling my way out. 😂 All in all, lots of fun and stuff you don't see everyday! 

Nice work. 

Re the collision wing damage. That appears to be handled completely differently to gunfire wing damage by the dm. We've had guys collide, with the wing knocked askew and struts damaged, but could actually pull maneuvers! Yet a wing with a couple of bullet holes just breaks off with a slight load.

Our conclusion is its 2 separate criteria. 

Collisions with fences are less well documented ;)

Edited by US28_Baer
  • Upvote 1