immortan_al

idea - il2 1948: Berlin airlift gone hot?

hey guys

of course i want pacific! but the game cant end there! i was playing il2 1946 the other day i thinking about our il2 bos, and thinking where the game could go besides the pacific and i came up with i think a good idea! Il2 - 1948 with a fictional berlin airlift gone hot story/campaign with a berlin map, a localized war over soviet occupied germany maybe with goal of ground forces keeping west berlin in western hands until cease fire at campaign end or something, only problem would be western airfields but its fictional so whatever just use some airstrips in west berlin. be a lot of cool possibilities like twin mustangs, il-10s etc. what you guys think, and what sort of plane sets?

There are plenty of historical air battles to cover first.

• Upvote 2

You'll have better luck just going to modded version of the old sim...tons of stuff like that there...

errr, what?

There are people who still want WWII to be covered, Pacific, late east front war, maybe war over Africa... Also this is a sim that is historically accurate, what you propose is totally outside from this game boundaries. Plus I dont like fantasy, there are plenty of games that cover that. So my answer would be a big no.

• Upvote 1

An interesting idea, but there is so much more left to explore in WW2, even within the limitations of the engine. I wouldn't want to move past WW2 until those scenarios have been explored.

Edited by 71st_AH_Yankee_

My guess is that devs don't want to venture into a fictional expansion, especially with so many  theaters left untouched.

Personally it's a no. 

I am totally for some fictional scenarios, but historical settings are probably a priority for the team and the majority of the community.

And if anything fictional should ever happen, I'd rather it would be some sort of Pirates of Pacific Daring Adventures over the High Seas sort of thing. IL-2 1946 had those fictional scenarios with German UFOs, but they still tried to kept it... well at least "authentic" and these campaigns made little sense. How would the Soviets have a Yak-15 without stealing jet tech from the Germans? Nah man, if you're going to make a fictional scenario, it's got to be Crimson Skies levels of crazy - I want to be taking out British Zeppelins in a skulls and bones painted 190 that operates from a captured Japanese carrier hidden in some secret bay in the Malaya. Arghhh!