Raptorattacker

RAPTORATTACKER'S SKINHOUSE

5 hours ago, Yankee_One said:

Dont dare to do under a ton

You should see the size of my backpack!!!

4 hours ago, sammydee said:

When you have a spare 5 minutes a P51 in RAF livery wouldn't go amiss Rap

I've looked at a few and the only half decent ones seem to be earlier models. Have you any one in particular you had in mind? If you have then pictures would be gratefully received....

• Haha 1

Here's one........Not sure if it's a D.

bWg5mzh.thumb.jpg.0a87a753b71a2c59a33f38a683882f4d.jpg

Edited by sammydee
more text

Double thumps up!

Since you released a vid about wartime landings, its my favorite landing style😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yankee_One said:

its my favorite landing style

It's a brilliant way of putting down, innit? Saves time and stops any 'untoward attention'!! ;)

@sammydee One British Mustang up and ready to fly in the P-51 section (WITHOUT scratching the paintwork, I hasten to add!!). Took a little longer than 'a spare 5 minutes' but then these things tend to!!

Enjoy.

Rap

:)

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Thanks 1

@AKA_Big10 'June Nite' is up in the Mustang section mate. Enjoy and DON'T scratch the paintjob!!

Rap

;)

On 10/27/2019 at 6:47 AM, Yankee_One said:

I have the Hasegawa decals if neede.

Send through them decals mate? PM them to me would be better I think? For 'Virginia Marie', that is....

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

@AKA_Big10 'June Nite' is up in the Mustang section mate. Enjoy and DON'T scratch the paintjob!!

Rap

;)

Send through them decals mate? PM them to me would be better I think? For 'Virginia Marie', that is....

Raptor, that is a gorgeous skin. I don't know how you guys do it. I have Photoshop and each time I look at the template I am just overwhelmed. 

Would love to recreate this old photos. 

Thanks so much for doing it. I would ask for another but i don't want to be a beggar. lol

FB_IMG_1571784144634.jpg

FB_IMG_1571784151576.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AKA_Big10 said:

I would ask for another but i don't want to be a beggar

PM me with your request? It's easier for me to deal with that way. It may not be quite so quick being made but at least I can give it some thought while I get all the others out of the way!

There's nowt wrong with begging, without it a lot would be without!!

Rap

:salute:

On 10/27/2019 at 6:47 AM, Yankee_One said:

Rap,  if you have will and time, do you think this could be done?

I'm a little bit confused here... is this plane aluminium with white sections? It's a bit hard to tell from the picture(s) AND it's late at night after a lonnnnng day skinning!!

On 10/27/2019 at 2:47 PM, Raptorattacker said:

I've looked at a few and the only half decent ones seem to be earlier models. Have you any one in particular you had in mind? If you have then pictures would be gratefully received....

Some of these look rather nice don't you think?:) *

Bentwater Wing.jpg

North American Mustang Mk. IVA KM121 Bentwaters Wing Wing Commander Michel G.L.M. ‘Mike’ DONNET (Belgium) Bentwaters (UK), April 1945

Listemann, Phil H.. The North American Mustang Mk. IV in Western Europe: Volume 10 (SQUADRONS!) . Philedition. Kindle-Version.

No_19_Sqd.jpg

North American Mustang Mk. IV KH655 No. 19 Squadron Flying Officer Edward R. DAVIES Peterhead (UK), April 1945

Listemann, Phil H.. The North American Mustang Mk. IV in Western Europe: Volume 10 (SQUADRONS!) . Philedition. Kindle-Version.

No_65_Sqd.jpg

North American Mustang Mk. IVA KM148 No. 65 (East India) Squadron Squadron Leader John W. FOSTER Bentwaters (UK), June 1945

No_303_Sqd.jpg

North American Mustang Mk. IV KH663 No. 303 (Polish) Squadron Wick (UK), Summer 1945

No_442_Sqd.jpg

North American Mustang Mk. IVA KH729 No. 442 (RCAF) Squadron Squadron Leader Mitchell ‘Johnny’ JOHNSTON (RCAF) Digby (UK), June 1945

Listemann, Phil H.. The North American Mustang Mk. IV in Western Europe: Volume 10 (SQUADRONS!)

*Thanks to Sevenless for originally posting these.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AKA_Big10 said:

Thanks Rap!!!

Lookin' goooooood!!

9 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Some of these look rather nice don't you think?

Yes, yes they do.... hmmmmmmm....... I need a bit of a break and then I shall knock out a couple of those babies I think. Stay tuned!!

Rap;)

14 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Rap

;)

Ok RAP,

i will upload it here, as i  do not know how to post a file on PM.

I go searching for that particular decal.

S!

• Like 1

Rap,

Judging from all the comments and requests I know you're busy, but let me add one more P-51 to the list.  Could you do one or several of the Mustangs from the 55th FG, 348th FS? I've always thought their colors were unique to the Mustang.  Love all of your skins … a real testimony to your artistic skills

Hi RAP,

here are the decals.

May be you can use the second one too!

VM001.jpg

PPM001.jpg

BS480009-3.jpg

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Yankee_One said:

here are the decals

It's up! In the end I'd done the decals by hand but they're very handy to have in any case!! Enjoy...

Rap

Rap,

Well done mate. Luv the Virginia Marie/ Margret, been waiting a while for that one!

So cheers Champ! :good:

• Like 1

WOW!!!

Incredible work! Dont know what to say. SOOOO beautiful.

Love all your skins Rap.

Virginia Marie is so fantastic.

Thank you so much for taking your time and giving / making me this artwork!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/1/2019 at 5:09 PM, Falcon41 said:

but let me add one more P-51 to the list. 

Falcon, can you PM me an idea of which one you want? It's easier that way as they kind of get lost in here!! A brain as well-used and as worn out as my raisin-like grey matter tends to splutter and go out with too much searching!!

Rap

;)

• Haha 1

Yankee_One! I gave my daughter the names Virginia Maria ... I love that skin !!!🥰

• Like 2

4 hours ago, geraki9 said:

Yankee_One! I gave my daughter the names Virginia Maria ... I love that skin !!!🥰

You are a proud father! Daughters are beautiful.

I have a daughter too!

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

It's up! In the end I'd done the decals by hand but they're very handy to have in any case!! Enjoy...

Rap

I guess i must be loosing my mind as I cannot find this skin. Do you have a link. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Yankee_One said:

You are a proud father! Daughters are beautiful.

I have a daughter too!

... and four grandchildren ...😍 
Thanks for your wonderful skins !!! 
Ciao Roberto

Virginia Maria.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, geraki9 said:

And here's Ol' Rap with FIVE kids (two Daughters), EIGHT Grandkids (four of them girls) and ONE Great Grandkid (another girl)!! Birthdays and Christmas etc added up and it becomes quite expensive!! :rolleyes:

Good job me and Mrs Rap love 'em all!!

2 hours ago, AKA_Big10 said:

I guess i must be loosing my mind as I cannot find this skin. Do you have a link. Thanks. 

It's the last one in the P-38's... on page 8!

• Like 2

lol

12 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

And here's Ol' Rap with FIVE kids (two Daughters), EIGHT Grandkids (four of them girls) and ONE Great Grandkid (another girl)!! Birthdays and Christmas etc added up and it becomes quite expensive!! :rolleyes:

Good job me and Mrs Rap love 'em all!!

It's the last one in the P-38's... on page 8!

I am loosing my mind, glanced over it so many times, dang. lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, geraki9 said:

Thanks for your wonderful skins !!! 
Ciao Roberto

Hey, she is dressed in blue........😉

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Yankee_One said:

Hey, she is dressed in blue........😉

Of course! she is Virginia Maria! 😊

Edited by geraki9
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2019 at 5:46 AM, Raptorattacker said:

Falcon, can you PM me an idea of which one you want? It's easier that way as they kind of get lost in here!! A brain as well-used and as worn out as my raisin-like grey matter tends to splutter and go out with too much searching!!

Rap

;)

Rap, 

I've attached a pic of a general skin associated with the 348th FS, 55th FG for your use.  I'm certain there are other planes with personalized names, etc.; however, I've yet to find them.  Looking forward to see what you can do and I'll keep looking.

55FG_348FS_a_01.jpg.3ba45e885809bcc36cf10de74e5cec63.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 5:28 PM, geraki9 said:

Thats a great picture!:salute:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Falcon41 said:

I've attached a pic of a general skin associated with the 348th FS, 55th FG

Where's that one from? 

The other thing is, are you SURE you want 348th and not 343rd?

Edited by Raptorattacker

Rap,

You're right, it is the 343rd FS.  I spotted the attached and forwarded it to you in hopes you could see your way to skin this one.  

p-51d-mustang-cape-cod-express-capt-chester-coggeshall-jr-343rd-fighter-squadron-55th-fighter-group-1944.jpg.85a3732a9f490f4289f65cf34325b25e.jpg

Just now, Falcon41 said:

You're right, it is the 343rd FS

Good job ONE of us is on it eh? :rolleyes:

I can try to find some more on this one but I've also got some real good reference for 'Miss Velma' as well, failing all else. It'll end up one or the other, don't worry!

Rap

;)

• Like 1

Thanks Rap, your skins are great by the way.  With the presence of P-51's in the sim I'm afraid all you skinners are going to be overloaded with requests.

We are, we ARE!!

I think 'Miss Velma' is the one. I've got more on her than any other. I can't say when though, I've SOOOO many to do at the moment. Within the week, how's that sound?

Edited by Raptorattacker

Sounds great ... looking forward to your art.  Would it be possible to create a flight from this squadron as it provides a more immersive game when the other planes supporting you are from the same squadron.  

Edited by Falcon41
Added more info

On 11/4/2019 at 11:03 PM, Falcon41 said:

Would it be possible to create a flight from this squadron

I don't know what you mean exactly? If you mean will I make enough skins for a flight then that's a wee bit of a tall order as they each take around a day and a bit to do so... I've an AWFUL lot of requests to do as well. I'll do what I can when I have time and can get around to it but I can't promise it my undivided attention, if you see what I mean?

Anyway, that said 'Miss Velma' is up for downloading in the Mustang section on pg.7 so enjoy!!

Rap

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 2