Raptorattacker

RAPTORATTACKER'S SKINHOUSE

2 minutes ago, ROCKET_KNUT said:

the third one will get me killed because of it´s offset. But I´m not quitting just yet... 😂

Ha! Ha! I love it! To get as far as you HAVE in that picture is commendable , to say the least!! I gotta give it a go!!

On the other point, indeed and most definitely... given the provisions of the great ICDP and his machine-like Template production.

:)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Luger1969 said:

I have always wanted Walther Oesau's last ride in the k4

I'll have a look at it! So you want the G6 skin but on the K4, am I right? @Luger1969?

Edited by Raptorattacker

100% correct Raptor. Its a G6AS.  The profile of the G6AS is similar to K4...no bulges for MG and canopy...i think the call it the Galland Hood etc.

1 hour ago, Luger1969 said:

The profile of the G6AS is similar to K4...

Okay, received and understood! :salute:

I might do it for the G6 as well though. I think the only actual difference between the G6 and the G6AS was the engine (or was it carb?).

Edited by Raptorattacker

1 hour ago, Raptorattacker said:

Okay, received and understood! :salute:

I might do it for the G6 as well though. I think the only actual difference between the G6 and the G6AS was the engine (or was it carb?).

Engine ( DB 605AS) and enlargement of the nose area like the K4 to make place for the supercharger. See below:

ad83b06c7c169ce08a7a0ae5888ae457.jpg

Gun camera from P38 of Lt James L. Doyle (428th fighter squadron , 474th fighter group ,9th Air Force )

oesau-gun-camera-image-jpg.257386

Some model inspiration here:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/72694-my-109-addiction-walter-oesau-completed-26jan18/page/3/

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 1

Hi Raps. Thank you very much looks great and also loved the video. About scratching I can make no promises. If I dont get shot down anyway....any  landing that I can walk away from is a good one.

Can you please also check the download link to this one also:

Bf 109 E7 based on 'Yellow 3', an E3 unit that flew with 2./JG 51

out of Krefeld, Germany in late 1939.

Edited by Luger1969

3 hours ago, Luger1969 said:

Can you please also check the download link to this one also

Will do!

There you go, sorted. Also thanks for letting me know because (obviously) I don't download my own skins!! :salute:

Edited by Raptorattacker

Another little distraction for the weary...

In which our heroes demonstrate not only incredible courage (stupidity!) but also bloody-minded determination (stupidity... AGAIN!) whilst taking various machines out on the infamous (foolhardy and ridiculous!) 'Hangar Challenge'.

and the last one for the time-being... HONEST!!

Well... when I say, "Last one, honest", I really mean...

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

On 7/29/2019 at 1:59 AM, Raptorattacker said:

Silly me! I've gone and done THIS one instead of the one you actually ASKED for! I just got confused with all the pictures of 262's that I've got for reference. Ah well, I'll get round to the ORIGINAL request in good time! :sorry::rolleyes:

Hi Rap,

just wanna let you know. It would be more than generous if you could find the time to deal with black L of Abrahamczik.

Thanks in advance!

KG51.jpg

19 hours ago, sevenless said:

black L of Abrahamczik.

Okay, no problem. As ever, leave it with me.

@sevenless It's up! Last in the 262 list. Enjoy!

Rap

Edited by Raptorattacker

10 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Okay, no problem. As ever, leave it with me.

@sevenless It's up! Last in the 262 list. Enjoy!

Rap

Wow. That was quick. Enjoyed the vid and the Erica song. Great work as always. Many thanks!

14 hours ago, sevenless said:

Many thanks!

No  problem! I had the same dilemma with the, "does it have a red tail-tip or doesn't it have a red tail-tip?", as before so I plumped for 'without'! It HAS got it's own custom  paintjob though. That's one thing I like about these 262's. Because they were so late in the war and the manufacturers were obviously running out of resources then there was loads of differences in them, even between aircraft of the same batch!.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 11:29 PM, Raptorattacker said:

Another little distraction for the weary...

In which our heroes demonstrate not only incredible courage (stupidity!) but also bloody-minded determination (stupidity... AGAIN!) whilst taking various machines out on the infamous (foolhardy and ridiculous!) 'Hangar Challenge'.

and the last one for the time-being... HONEST!!

@Raptorattacker

So you DID it in the 52, congratulations!

Such a shame the video tape got damaged in the process... 🤣

Great video, I love it! 👍

2 hours ago, ROCKET_KNUT said:

Such a shame the video tape got damaged in the process... 🤣

I know, I know! Typical eh? I actually managed a loop inbetween the first and second hangar in it as well... bloody videotapes!!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Haha 1

The painting of a Supermarine Spitfire Mk IXe.

From the bare aluminium immediately after manufacture, through the bare primer, the pre-roundel and the final factory-fresh pre-delivery job.

If anyone would like any of the skins then sing out, I (obviously) have them all available.

I just originally made them for the purposes of this video...

From bare wood, aluminium and linen, through primer to a factory-fresh paintjob on the Polikarpov I-16 type 24.

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Nice vid Rap, like it!

I have learned something😊

Next time if i need a skin i dont have to ask you for making me one, i only have to drive through the hangars😁

All those years not knowing how to do it, what a shame on me😄

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Like 2

On 9/16/2019 at 2:55 PM, Yankee_One said:

i only have to drive through the hangars

I know, I thought EVERYONE knew that trick?!!

I mean, those guys are there, in the hangars and doing nothing, you might as well give 'em something to do!! :rolleyes:

@Yankee_One Just to PROVE it can be done I tried it on the Rata and look... IT WORKS!! ^^

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Haha 1

There are few decent 4k skins of the A-5 / A-6 from the Western Front. The new Bodenplatte map is going to be released soon. Some people would be very happy if we get some high-quality skins of this type from the Rap kitchen. Here are two suggestions. What do you think about?

Fw190 A-6, green 3 (WNr. 550453) flown by Hpt. Friedrich-Karl “Tutti” Müller of Stab JG 300 based in Bonn-Hangelar in November 1943. Müller was credited with 140 aerial victories. His was killed in a landing accident on 29 May 1944. 

Fw190 A-5, white 1 flown by Oberleutnant Otto Stammberger, 4./JG 26, Abbéville-Drucat/France, May 1943.

A-6 Tutti Müller.PNG

A-5 Stammberger.png

31 minutes ago, Grancesc said:

There are few decent 4k skins of the A-5 / A-6 from the Western Front.

...julian57's skins aren't decent?

1 hour ago, Frenchy56 said:

...julian57's skins aren't decent?

Julian's skins are more than good they are excellent. I have them all: Priller, Wurmheller, Oesau, his IISchl_G1 series. I love them all. He is a master of his trade. Many of these skins are however for the eastern front or for JG1. Unfortunately, there are only a few for the JG26 and none for JG300. I also like a censored version of the skins.

• Upvote 1

@Frenchy56 @Grancesc Now now chaps... no arguing here!! :rtfm: 

Of course I'll do a couple. Leave them with me and your wish will be my (sort of) command. 

I, like everyone, will be getting my head around our new toys for a little bit of course but those 2 Butcher Birds will be next on my agenda, fear not!! I haven't done any 190's for a while anyway. Which is the nearest to the A6 then? I guess the A-5 unless there's some wild modification? Forgive my dumb question but I'm a little full up with various jobs at this moment in time and details somewhat elude me!!

Anyway, enjoy the patch... THE PATCH!!!!! :good:

ps And YES, E69_julian57's work is excellent. I didn't get that anyone was doing his work down!

Edited by Raptorattacker

Yes, the A-5 is the one you want to skin if you've got an A-6 on your hands.

Now get to work! 😀

• Like 1

@Frenchy56@Raptorattacker I did not want to snub anyone with my first post and certainly not a skinner. They do a magnificent job in our BoX community.

Rap you are a golden phenomenon in our skinner scene. With new A-5 / A-6 skins that fit into the new theater, we will really enjoy the BoB map.

• Like 1

Apart from an obvious spelling mistake in the title...

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

North American P-51 Mustang

North American P-51 Mustang No. 44-14251 'Contrary Mary'

Flown by Lt. Col. Roy B. Caviness of the 84th Fighter Squadron, 78th Fighter Group, USAAF Station 357

based at RAF Duxford, England in 1945.

9cDp1Q8.jpg

The skin can be downloaded HERE

Sorry it's been a couple of days but the chequering was NOT easy, trust me

and a HUGE thanks to @ICDP for the magnificent template!

P-51D 44-15078 'Josephine'

KI-B "Josephine" as flown by 1st Lt. Joe Peterburs of the 55th FS/20th FG, based in Kingscliffe, UK.
On 10 April 1945, while on his 49th mission, he shot down an Me 262, piloted by Oberleunant Walter Schuck, a top 
German Ace with 206 confirmed air victories. Later that same day, while strafing an airfield, he was shot down by 
flak and was captured. He managed to escape, reach the Russian army, and fought with the Russians in the battle of Wittenburg.

In 2005, while Walter Schuck was visiting the United States, he met his former opponent Peterburs, and they remained close friends until Schuck's death in 2015.

zdg41lJ.jpg

GLOzpyd.jpg

and is made possible with the efforts of our very own @ICDP!

P-51D 413956 'Jan'

North American P-51D Mustang flown by Lt. Bob Dickmeyer of the 334th Fighter Squadron-4th Fighter Group

Debden, England in early 1945.

The main reason I picked on this one is that it bears the name of the beautiful yet fearsome Mrs Rap!

YSsMvWh.jpg

and we ALL know of the debt owed to @ICDP for the template!!

Enjoy it.

P-51 D 44-13783 'Rovin' Rhona/4Bolts'  

Flown by Lt. Irving Snedeker, 364th FS, 357th FG, 8th AF, Leiston,
United Kingdom, April 1945.

The 357th Fighter Group was the first of the 8th Army Air Force to be equipped with the P-51 Mustang, with which they began to undertake training at Raydon
in Great Britain. Combat operations were initiated in February, flying out of Leiston. Lt. George Morris first flew this Mustang named 'Bobby Marilyn', and it was
later flown by Lt. Irving Snedeker, who was hit by flak in the spinner on April 17th, 1945 during a raid on the air field at Prague-Ruzyne and was forced to put
down on the field’s perimeter. After a short time in captivity, he was taken by car and delivered to American units together with Germans fleeing the coming
Soviet forces. The aircraft flown by Lt. Snedeker carried the inscription 'ROVIN' RHODA' on the left side of the nose and '4BOLTS' on the right. The
camouflage colours used on 357th FG aircraft are still questionable. Former group members speak of British colours (Dark Green and Medium Sea Grey), but
preserved vintage colour photos show US colours Olive Drab and Neutral Grey. The noses of 357th FG aircraft carried a yellow and red chequer pattern
and the spinner was painted in the same colours.

NB The nameplate on the port side does NOT have the text on it (probably the Ground Crew and Pilot) becuase I couldn't find ANY reference

to it. If anyone CAN then please could they shout me up and I can rectify it. Apologies for this unavoidable situation.

aGImetz.jpg

s54v2Lh.jpg

The skin can be got HERE

and was, of course, made with the provision of @ICDP!

P-51 D 44-13535 'Chattanooga Choo Choo' flown by Lt. Edward F. Pogue, 79th FS, 20th FG, 8th AF, Kings Cliffe,
United Kingdom, 1945

Mustang MC-R, with the aircraft letter underlined, was flown by Lt. E. F. 'Pogie' Pogue at the end of 1944, and already had a long and rich service career
behind her that saw a list of 20th FG pilots in the cockpit. The aircraft carried names like 'Black’s Bird' and 'Wilma', but it was under the name of 'Chattanooga
Choo Choo' that the plane made her mark, a name taken from the popular song made famous by Glenn Miller. As the names of the plane changed, so did its
appearance. The original 20th FG markings consisting of black and white stripes on the nose behind the spinner were later supplemented by vertical black
and white bands, the 20th Fighter Group identifier. The black square on the tail indicated service with the 79th Fighter Squadron.  The underlined individual
aircraft letter indicated that, at the time, there was already an airframe coded MC-R flying. During this period, it was flown almost exclusively by Lt. Pogue.

After the end of the Second World War, Lt. Pogue piloted F-80s in Japan and later flew F-84s during the Korean War. He ended his career as a Lt. Colonel.

For his outstanding service, he received nine Air Medals and two DFCs, among others.

EDIT as of 30/10/19: The skin is updated due to a particular dirt layer missing on the original!

SORRY to previous uploaders!

P9KA7Df.jpg

2j9ygiH.jpg

The skin, both censored and not, can be got HERE

and would NOT be possible without my (and your) hero @ICDP!!

P-51D Mustang

flown by Capt Howard D. "the Deacon" Hively of the 334th FS , 4th FG, "the Debden Eagles" based at Debden, England, winter 1944.

EDIT as of 30/10/19: The skin is updated due to a particular dirt layer missing on the original!

SORRY to previous uploaders!

TopkPrU.jpg

MOAxBrI.jpg

with big BIG thanks to @ICDP and his template!

P-51D based on a P-51K, Mustang Mk IV 

KH653 of No.19 Squadron RAF in early 1945.

bexyL3m.png

The skin can be got HERE

and is a product made possible only by the generous and quality work of @ICDP on the template!

P-51D Mustang ser. 44-11161 'June Nite'

flown by Captain Ernest Fiebelkorn of 77th. FS, 20th. FG out of Kings Cliffe, England in November 1944. It was in this machine that Capt. Fiebelkorn was involved in events that led to the demise of the famous German ace Walter Novotny on the 8th of November 1944.

The Mustang was destroyed on 13th. June 1945 when it crashed on take-off from Kings Cliffe.

22ec6cu.jpg

The skin, both censored and uncensored can be downloaded HERE

and was, as ever, made possible with the use of the template created by @ICDP!!

P-51D Mustang CY-D 'Miss Velma'

as flown by Captain Frank E. Birtciel of the 343rd. Fighter Squadron, 55th. Fighter Group out of Wormingford, Essex, England in 1944.

and is the result of outstanding work from @ICDP on it's template!

Have fun and DON'T scratch the paint!!

P-51 Mustang

Israeli Air Force 105 Squadron 'Ha'Akrav' (The Scorpion Squadron).

A close air-support unit from the Suez crisis in 1956.

The skin can, as ever, be got HERE

and was, as ever, created with @ICDP's marvellous template!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 4

Oh Yeah...:good:...Rock'n'roll Baby...:dance:

• Like 1

Thank you SIR RAP!

There is no comment from my side, well...

its BOMBASTIC!

As always great work and a pleasure for us "humble non-skinners" like me😁😉

S!

Edited by Yankee_One

On 10/3/2019 at 11:50 AM, Raptorattacker said:

Apart from an obvious spelling mistake in the title...

This is the preferred method with my squadron.    The main reason is that it allows you to join the circuit at high speed then spend the minimum amount of time at slow speed with your gear down.  You will also be covered by AAA during that period and it makes it more likely that people taxiing out know that someone is about to land.     If you slow down to near circuit speed as you approach the field or , worst of all,  make a straight in approach from a mile out at 150Mph with gear and flaps down then you are very vulnerable to a sneaky enemy bouncing you when you have no chance to evade.    It also looks cool when three of you do it in trail formation with a gap between each break 😄😉 

14 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

This is the preferred method with my squadron

It was pretty much the 'the way' for all fighter pilots, yeah. Especially at THAT time in the war. You didn't want to be 'hanging around' any longer than you needed to be did you?!

Like you say, it also looks good as well (AND it's fun to do!!).

Edited by Raptorattacker

Hi Raptorattacker,

I wanted to thank you also PERSONALLY very much for sharing all your amazing skins. I love them all, the new "Contrary Mary" is amazing.....I love the used look and the detailed weathering very much.

The IL-2 community is amazing and very helpful. Sooo many great skinners......I want to thank you all!!!

Looking forward to your next skins....also the P-38´s in the near future.

Best regards Joerg

Edited by spitfirejoe
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, spitfirejoe said:

I love the used look and the detailed weathering very much.

Good stuff, so do I!! You'll like the next Mustang then, up later on this evening...

EDIT: NOT later on this  evening. I realised I'd not put the stripes on and the stripes are as much of a pain as the chequers!!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1

Flying in tomorrow (it's too late at night now and I'm knackered from doing it all day!!)... Same name as Mrs Rap so I just HAD to do it, didn't I??!!

Lt. Bob Dickmeyer, 334th FS ~ 4th FG, early '45.

Noseart completely by hand...

iAykNxS.jpg

• Like 7

That gave me ideas Rap!  When you aren't occupied with all your own ideas, I have another humble skin request, if you would be so kind... again.  :blink:

I don't care that i only have crappy mobile internet, i'm downloading that Josephine skin. Thanks a lot @Raptorattacker

• Like 1