Raptorattacker

RAPTORATTACKER'S SKINHOUSE

10 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

It comes from here...

I see. I don´t know that book, but I found reference to another plane of 2./KG51 which pretty much answers the question for me whether that squadron and its squadron leader Abrahamczik´s plane had black or red letters to me. It is black D of that same squadron which crashlanded in 1945:

black D 2KG51.jpg

dirtylittlefokker_190225_5c73ba4c442e2.jpg

dirtylittlefokker_190225_5c73ba4b9362f-1600x1141.jpg

19 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

So, after reading all that info (the links) what are we going with?. There are still two options (both with Black L now). One is with Black fin and nose and one is with Red fin and nose, both (thankfully) are the same W.Nr.!

For me, with all this info, the profile from Forsyk and Creeks book is the most convincing.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sevenless said:

For me, with all this info, the profile from Forsyk and Creeks book is the most convincing

Black letter and Red Nose it is then. I'm happy with that. The thing is, a lot of the paintings that are done of these beasts are from b+w photos and things such as the red bits and that are often just down to the artists interpretation. The simple fact that there are more with red than black makes it the more likely, if I were a betting man. BLACK LETTER of course!! A couple of days and you'll be flying it, okay?

Edited by Raptorattacker

1 minute ago, Raptorattacker said:

Black letter and Red Fin and Nose it is then. I'm happy with that. The thing is, a lot of the paintings that are done of these beasts are from b+w photos and things such as the red bits and that are often just down to the artists interpretation. The simple fact that there are more with red than black makes it the more likely, if I were a betting man. BLACK LETTER of course!! A couple of days and you'll be flying it, okay?

Rap, yes sure. I´m convinced you can come up with another excellent skin. Agree on that colour interpretation topic. However what bothers me even more is the fact that very often those profiles don´t even match the obvious photographic evidence. As an example just compare the swastika in the original photo of black D with the swastika of the profiles, or how on earth got the artist of the profile in the article the idea that black D had a red fintip? Nothing of that is visible in the original photograph.

Just now, sevenless said:

or how on earth got the artist of the profile in the article the idea that black D had a red fintip? Nothing of that is visible in the original photograph.

It would probably be safe to assume that they were often working from a 'stock' base and just applied details onto that. Some of those guys were knocking out loads of these images, by hand, as a job for the powers-that-be. They also didn't have the luxury of the internet which would lead to a helluva lot more 'artistic licence' being used, I know that I would've!!

:rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 3:17 PM, sevenless said:

I found reference to another plane of 2./KG51

Silly me! I've gone and done THIS one instead of the one you actually ASKED for! I just got confused with all the pictures of 262's that I've got for reference. Ah well, I'll get round to the ORIGINAL request in good time! :sorry::rolleyes:

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Silly me! I've gone and done THIS one instead of the one you actually ASKED for! I just got confused with all the pictures of 262's that I've got for reference. Ah well, I'll get round to the ORIGINAL request in good time! :sorry::rolleyes:

Lovely Rap. Very nice Sturmvogel that black D.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here we go... there I was, tootling around in the Proto Spitfire and well, I saw the Hangars and went for it... nothing spectacular but fun nevertheless!

Notice the lack of cannons. Good eh?

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 5

You big show off and to top it off with the roll at the end. :biggrin:  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FurphyForum said:

You big show off and to top it off with the roll at the end

Well, no-one was looking so I thought what the hell!! It's the showperson in me, I can't help showing off a nice skin whenever I can!! :rolleyes::thank_you:

If anyone wants any of the skins with new templates UPDATED then please let me know as I find it a little confusing trying to trawl all through them!

Lots of love from Rap

:thank_you:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, -LaFrench-bexhausted said:

i wonder wether if you can do the same flight with a ...Ju52 ? Included the roll of course! 

A challenge, non? I would have to make a skin for it first (of course) and would probably have to do the video in slow-motion so's you didn't miss any of the action!!... :rolleyes:

Is it actually physically POSSIBLE to roll in a Ju52?!! I must be honest and say that I've never actually tried it!!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2019 at 11:37 AM, Raptorattacker said:

Is it actually physically POSSIBLE to roll in a Ju52?!! I must be honest and say that I've never actually tried it!!

I've never tried it either. And I never had the idea before I saw your video. 
 I agree with you that this is probably not possible.
But Lord Kelvin said that heavier-than-air planes would never fly, so why not?

To be continued ...

Edited by -LaFrench-bexhausted

Posted (edited)
On 8/4/2019 at 9:21 PM, -LaFrench-bexhausted said:

To be continued ...

The plot thickens mon ami!! ;)

Now, these are practice runs. I haven't done a skin yet so I've no REAL reason to be serious and, more importantly, careful :rolleyes:!! At least I made it (in pieces) into the SECOND Hangar on the third attempt!. I can quite clearly see that this isn't going to be as straightforward this time around!!:thank_you:

So... after a miserable afternoon returning time and time again to trying to get the 'Baked Bean Tin' through the Hangars

I threw in the towel for the day and went to an alternative. I finished with a smile on my face, at least!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Well done sir! 😀

I will see you in front of a Kriegsgericht!

You destroyed too many valuable war resources!

You are grounded😋 for 5 minutes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yankee_One said:

You are grounded😋 for 5 minutes

PHEW!! Thankyou Herr Yankee,THAT'S a relief!!!

I've studied it further and have come to the conclusion that it's nigh-on impossible to do. If it were real-life then the wingtips of the plane are roughly 30cm clear of the doorframe (a more than generous estimate as well!) on either side AND the Hangars aren't even in a straight line. The odds on actually achieving it AND doing a roll on the other side are around the same odds of winning the lottery. In fact the odds on doing just a roll in THAT thing are pretty much the same as well. I shall persevere for a little while and see if, by some miracle, I happen to get anywhere NEAR but I'm not putting our house on it!! :salute: 

• Like 1

Nice effort.
A single hangar would be an almost impossible challenge.
So lining up three hangars is the challenge of the century.

:salute:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deacon352nd said:

What plane is in the you tube video that has the nose art " Buffalo Dave" ?  B25?

A-20, available in Battle of Kuban.

On 8/5/2019 at 3:58 PM, Raptorattacker said:

The odds on actually achieving it AND doing a roll on the other side are around the same odds of winning the lottery. 

Hi @Raptorattacker Totally agree.

IL2´s Cleopatra is quite capable though. One can do hilarous stuff piloting her.

1066911254_22-Kopie.thumb.JPG.590fb53af8c59f8e2090c2c81c6b35c6.JPG

There used to be a multiplayer aerobatic server up, don´t know if it still is. The hangars there are a bit long, but the A-20 fits nicely. :lol:

622499223_11-Kopie.thumb.JPG.aba2e88f66ac567a5e74b94dba5a34d6.JPG

994021787_2-Kopie.thumb.JPG.788eeb72ceb91425c41a2c11287172c2.JPG

Sorry for spamming your thread, Rap. Cheers.:drinks:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ROCKET_KNUT said:

Sorry for spamming your thread, Rap. Cheers

You swine!! On a side note, try it in the Ju52, that's all I'm saying!!

6 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

On a side note, try it in the Ju52, that's all I'm saying!!

A squad mate did and "parked" it right in front of me when I was entering the hangar... with the inevitable result...😂 Thank you for the A-20 video, always nice to see one!

• Like 1