removed - mis-quote

Edited by FurphyForum
mis - quote

9 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

removed - mis-quote

:huh:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

Its ok Rap, I typed without thinking. ;)

Don t dare this doing again😀

Look at Rap s face😊

Rap

you are always welcome my friend

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

You never can have too many stormbirds, can you? For your consideration:

KG51.jpg

Edited by sevenless

21 minutes ago, sevenless said:

You never can have too many stormbirds, can you?

You can if it's THIS late at night!! Leeeeeeave it with me and I'll have a look... :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I've also got an unexplained urge to do another Havoc, if anyone's got any ideas?... hmmm?...

3 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

I've also got an unexplained urge to do another Havoc, if anyone's got any ideas?... hmmm?...

I have a Havoc request, if you're interested. 

a20b 47th.jpg

Posted (edited)

With the next release we shall get the new 4k skins of the Fw190 A-3. It would be wonderful to have one or two skins from the high quality Raptor-works too. Nothing special - but here are two candidates.

Spoiler

Fw190A3  Yel 8_III JG26.pngFw190A4 Wht 1_4. JG2 Kurt Buhligen.png

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Next time I will simply delete it, use spoilers

Posted (edited)

Just a little distraction to show that I DO actually fly planes sometimes!!

I suppose one good thing is that I managed to stop TWO bombs exploding on our airfield!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2019 at 11:01 AM, Raptorattacker said:

Well I think some canadian stuff might help?

a20.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sevenless said:

Well I think some canadian stuff might help?

I was thinking of another Canadian but then I thought, "Hmmm... I wonder if sevenless would let me do one of those before I do another Sturmvogel?" and THEN I thought, "I need to do a 190 A3 for Grancesc before I do any of those though", and then it came to me... "I'd better say hello to the Grandaughter who's staying this weekend before she grows up and leaves home before I do ANY of these things!!!" (she's only 5!!). Ah well, tomorrow is another day and the world is my (our) oyster!! All things come to those who wait and, just so's no - one gets the wrong message here, I really DO appreciate the suggestions as it saves ME having to trawl through my addled brain for ideas and I LOVE doing these things... it makes me feel wanted!! Ha! Ha!

Rap

:happy::thank_you::rolleyes::salute:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

@Lord_Strange see A20 thread on the previous page mate, and DON'T scratch the paintwork!!

Cheers, Raptor, marvelous work as always!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lord_Strange said:

Cheers, Raptor, marvelous work as always!

No problem at all, my Lord! Whereabouts in this fair country of ours do you abide, my friend? I of course am from the fair county of Lancashire and currently reside in Shropshire, right on the Welsh border...

Very nice skin Buffalo soldier,

oh sorry i meant Mr. Rap!

Fantastic job mate, my fleet is growing😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptorattacker said:

No problem at all, my Lord! Whereabouts in this fair country of ours do you abide, my friend? I of course am from the fair county of Lancashire and currently reside in Shropshire, right on the Welsh border...

Essex is my home and has been nearly all my life, though I've just finished three years of university in Bristol.

• Like 1

Rap, Sir you are not only a great artist but you seem to be also a good person. The A3 is not in a hurry. And yes you can feel needed because actually you are.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grancesc said:

And yes you can feel needed because actually you are.

That's it, you clinched it! The A3 it is then, tomorrow we begin!!

6 hours ago, Lord_Strange said:

three years of university in Bristol.

Nice one. A gainly subject I trust? I've been listening to quite a bit of IDLES lately who I believe are generally a Bristol bunch. Got quite a few friends/acquaintances from those there parts as well.

@Grancesc I've found source on 'White 1' but I'm afraid that 'Yellow 8' is pretty much impossible! Unless you've got anything else on it, that is?

You burning the candle at both ends? Midnight your time.🛏️

15 hours ago, Grancesc said:

Rap, Sir you are not only a great artist but you seem to be also a good person. The A3 is not in a hurry. And yes you can feel needed because actually you are.

You are totally right!

He is a very good / fine person!!

I know that. That s sure!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yel 8+I (WNr. 5408) belonged to the 9th JG26 and was painted in RML 74/75/76 standard scheme. It had yellow ruder and engine panel. In Aug. 21 1942 Uffz. Karl Borner had to make an emergency landing after an engine malfunction in Morseele. Here are more pictures of 9th JG26 machines from the same period.

Spoiler

Fw190A3 9. JG26.PNGFw190A3  Yel 1_III JG26.PNG

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Uffz. Karl Börner claimed a "Defiant" (more probably a Spitfire, his first and only known kill) over the North Sea (north-west of Dunkirk) on 25/07/1942.

A picture of his "gelbe 8" (RC + TH) under camouflage netting, photographed at Moorsele before the crash landing on 21/08/1942, when he was injured :908632003_8I.thumb.jpg.7c9a574721719489c0a9c7c3fc3edefb.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Grancesc See page one, 1st thread, second machine and enjoy my friend, enjoy!

Rap

ps Please try to obscure the swastikas on the pictures you post up (or PM them to me) as they are likely to get pulled from display, as I understand. Not my rules, I'm just a messenger monkey! :rolleyes::salute:

Thanks for the info and also thank you @Pierre64!

Edited by Raptorattacker

Hi,

As Raptorattacker just said, use spoilers or hide the Swastika. Next time I will delete all posts with it.

Haash

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

@Grancesc See page one, 1st thread, second machine and enjoy my friend, enjoy!

Rap

ps Please try to obscure the swastikas on the pictures you post up (or PM them to me) as they are likely to get pulled from display, as I understand. Not my rules, I'm just a messenger monkey! :rolleyes::salute:

… and again a magnificent skin, congratulations. It's becoming my favorite mount.

With all this rush I forgot to stick to the forum rules, sorry,

• Like 1

Just now, Grancesc said:

… and again a magnificent skin, congratulations. It's becoming my favorite mount.

With all this rush I forgot to stick to the forum rules, sorry,

No problem at all. It was a pleasure and as for the swastika, I've done exactly the same thing before now and had to quickly go back and 'hide' them! I just don't like people getting in trouble is all!

'Gelbe 8' should be with you tomorrow hopefully. 

:thank_you::good:

Another little interlude of unfortunate events!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

One thing I did take from that clip is that there is a "wing separation" issue with the P47, as the starboard wing chose to separate without even coming into contact with the other aircraft.  To be honest I preferred the last damage model, where I had more smokers and less catastrophic structural failures.

Edited by bzc3lk

Posted (edited)
On 1/22/2019 at 1:35 AM, Raptorattacker said:

A Focke-Wulf FW 190 A3

based on the livery of an A4 unit (W.Nr. 681)

flown by Oblt. Kurt Buhligen of 4./JG2 out of Kairouan, Tunisia in February 1943.

dVZObPD.jpg

The skin can be downloaded HERE for the censored version

and HERE for the uncensored

and would not have been possible without @ICDP's fantabulous template!!

The beauty of this skin is something hidden. First of all, there is this uncommon camouflage for this theater. And then the somewhat faded colors caused by the sand and the hard deployment of the A/C in the Tunisian desert. Very well modeled. Fits perfectly to the Stalingrad autumn map. Only talented skinners succeed so well.

Edited by Grancesc

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Grancesc said:

Fits perfectly to the Stalingrad autumn map

Thank YOU sir! I would've put a 'like' on it but I've run out for today!! By the way, 'Gelbe 8' is up as well. Enjoy!

23 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

the starboard wing chose to separate without even coming into contact with the other aircraft.

Yeah, BOTH the starboard wings fail in fact and the only possible contact (on mine, from #3) could've been the prop and even that is tenuous. To be honest, when I was actually flying it I didn't even know what'd happened really. I knew I'd been hit but I didn't realise it was by someone trying to fly AND read a book at the same time!!

Edited by Raptorattacker

On 1/22/2019 at 1:35 AM, Raptorattacker said:

Focke-Wulf FW A Series

Based on an A-2 model, this is 'Gelbe 8' (W. Nr. 5408)

flown by Uffz. Karl Borner of 9./JG26. Moorsele, Belgium, August 1942.

Borner was injured when his machine developed engine trouble and he crash landed at Moorsele.

His only recorded victory was a Defiant to the North of Dunkirk on the 25th July 1942 although it was possible that it

was a Spitfire.

The machine was lost in action at some point.

zXFsVBD.jpg

The skins, both censored and uncensored can be downloaded HERE

and were created with the help of @ICDP's great template!

Why the Yel 8 such an ordinary aircraft? Well, it stands for hundreds of similar machines with which young men fought for their land - on both sides. It pays tribute to these pilots who never made it to the leaderboards but still did their duty. Very well researched and implemented in this skin. Many thanks also to

@Pierre64

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grancesc said:

but still did their duty

Yep, that's fair enough. There were certainly many of them and none of them less qualified than any of the top aces of the whole encounter(s). They were all someone's son or daughter and many had sons and daughters and loved ones of their own.

• Upvote 1

Just another likkle interlude, this time from 'Greel Fire' by Jaegermeister...

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 12:18 AM, sevenless said:

For your consideration:

Okay then, how does THIS work? Yours is a 262A-2A and this is a 262A-1A, both with the same W.Nr. of 110836... One is 'Black L' and one is 'Red L'... you can certainly see how we can spend so much time researching whilst trying to stay 'historical', can't you?. 

249845587_YellowSeriesMesserschmittMe262aSchwalbe.thumb.jpg.0a06c890e90b726ce1207dc33a88b2d5.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Raptorattacker said:

Okay then, how does THIS work? Yours is a 262A-2A and this is a 262A-1A, both with the same W.Nr. of 110836... One is 'Black L' and one is 'Red L'... you can certainly see how we can spend so much time researching whilst trying to stay 'historical', can't you?. 

249845587_YellowSeriesMesserschmittMe262aSchwalbe.thumb.jpg.0a06c890e90b726ce1207dc33a88b2d5.jpg

Rap, good question. My profile is from Osprey https://ospreypublishing.com/me-262-bomber-and-reconnaissance-units-pb, which was published 2012.

Authors are Forsyth and Creek, who are pretty known capacities on the field of ww2 aircraft research. Creek by example co-authored the 4 volume book about 262 development and operations with Smith (https://www.amazon.com/Me-262-Three-Richard-Smith/dp/1903223008). I think that is a reliable source which is not to say there can´t be errors.

Another hint: The 262 of squad leader Abrahamszik was used by 2./KG51 in 1945, the same squadron as the black X from 1945 (captured at Fassberg) we now find as the only surviving original in Australia with partially original paintjob. So it is highly unlikely that within one squadron in 1945 they used both black and red letters, don´t you think?

And yes I know that we also have supposedly 2./KG51 1944 planes (red B and I think I saw a red D somewhere also) which are supposed to have had red letters, but that might have been the difference between 10/44 and 4/45 in KG 51 letter Code within one squadron, or, that red B belonged to another squadron, perhaps 3./KG51? I don´t know for sure, but that would make sense. 1./KG51 (white letter), 2./KG51 (black letter), 3.KG51 (red letter).

So if you ask me, I´d go with a black L for a 1945 plane, especially because the only survivor of that squadron undoubtedly has a black X and still exists.

His Me 410 in 1944 also seems to have sported a black L. http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Flugzeuge/Arndt/WK2/Abrahamczik.html

Obviously other folks were puzzled about 262 black L W.Nr.110836 9K+LK also:

http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=9920

Where does your profile above come from? Kagero the polish publisher?

Edited by sevenless

Posted (edited)

It comes from here...

982412727_YellowSeriesMesserschmittMe262.thumb.jpg.80423903eec894f07cff9cc1181cc2e0.jpg

So, after reading all that info (the links) what are we going with?. There are still two options (both with Black L now). One is with Black fin and nose and one is with Red fin and nose, both (thankfully) are the same W.Nr.!

ps I'll get back to you in a short while, I've 2 dogs who are champing to get out for their walk!!

I LOVE this intrigue, it's what makes all this all the more interesting and before you know it you end up actually knowing quite a BIT about all these machines and the guys who flew them!!

Edited by Raptorattacker