Raptorattacker

RAPTORATTACKER'S SKINHOUSE

Posted (edited)

Messerschmitt Me 262 A1

A Messerschmitt Me 262 A1, captured by Allied forces at Schleswig-Jagel in 1945. It may have been the plane of Maj. Erich Rudorffer who was Gruppenkommandeur of 1./JG7. All the German markings were painted over apart from the Werknummer on the tail and the yellow 6 tactical number on the fuselage, which appears to have been altered at some point to a smaller than usual size. The audio contains part of an interview with Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown, talking about test - flying a 262 at Farnborough.

"Erich Rudorffer earned his nickname the “Fighter of Libau” on October 28, 1944, near the Latvian city of Libau. As he and his wingman, Kurt Tangermann, were preparing to land, he spotted a Soviet task force of sixty close air support aircraft (mostly IL-2 Sturmoviks) approaching the German airfields. He aborted the landing despite being low on fuel and engaged the enemy singlehandedly. Without any aerial support, he shot down nine enemy aircraft within ten minutes, and the Soviets aborted the bombing mission." (from Colin D. Heaton 'The Me 262 Stormbird')

The bottom picture depicts German markings on the wings but it is seriously doubtful if this was the actual case.

o1GXSZ8.jpg

The skin can be downloaded HERE

and the customary HUGE thanks to @ICDP who once again provided the template!!

A Messerschmitt Me 262 A1, serial Yellow 7,

W. Nr. 500491 piloted by Obfw. Heinz Arnold of II./JG7 - Prague-Ruyzn, April 1945.

fYTtSas.jpg

IOo3kIZ.jpg

sF6CM0P.jpg

The skin, both censored and uncensored can be downloaded HERE

@ICDP Thanks!

Messerschmitt Me 262 A1 'Weiss 3' Werknummer 500071 III./JG7

The exact circumstances regarding the final flight of 500071 on 25 April 1945 to Dubendorf are still not fully understood.

The pilot, Oberfahnrich (Leading Cadet) Hans-Guido Mutke, told Swiss interrogators he had to lift off from 
Furstenfeldbruck airfield during an attack by about 20 Martin B-26 Marauders. His Me 262 was only half refuelled when the 
American bombers approached over the airfield and he had to scramble from a runway covered with bomb craters.

However, records indicate no B-26 Group belonging to the USAAF or Royal Air Force flew a raid to Furstenfeldbruck airfield that day.
500071 was assembled from components manufactured at the Obertraubling plant, which was a subsidiary of the 
Messerschmitt GmbH at Regensburg, Bavaria, and made its first flight to Erding on 20 January 1945. It was still at Erding 
for its final acceptance flight on 25 March 1945, exactly a month before its landing at Dubendorf. 
The plane carried a very thin coat of paint when it landed in Switzerland. The aperture for the BSK16 gun camera was faired 
over by tape when the plane touched down on Swiss soil as it had never had one fitted.
The Swiss Government donated 500071 to the Deutsches Museum 
in 1957.

Zqrcy73.jpg

LdZJnYb.jpg

nCD5rTh.jpg

Hans-Guido Mutke

The skin, both censored and uncensored can be downloaded HERE

Cheers @ICDP!!

Me 262 A2a 'Black X'

Leutnant Hans-Robert Frohlich, Fassberg, May 1945

Wk/nr 500200`s entire history remains unclear, although it is known that she was built at Regensburg in March 1945, from the same batch which the 
Deutsche Museums `White 3` was built. She operated with II/KG51.

The build quality of 500200 was, to say the least, questionable, with very poor alignment of major components, and roughly sawn metal, a sign

of the desperate conditions in which the German war machine had to operate in the final stages of the war.

Black X had indeed been used in combat during it`s brief life in operation. The spent cartridge chutes were dented, proving shell ejection 

and also a single .50 caliber round was found within one of it`s wings during an exploratory.

She also remains the only 262 left in existence to wear her original, albeit worn, colours. Her markings show both the 
Unit signatures along with the Air Ministry colours applied at Farnborough, where she was allocated with the reference `AirMin81`.

After a period on display, she was dismantled and placed in storage.

She is now displayed in a stripped down condition at the Australian War Memorial.

Fjk0pFo.jpg

jNWG4Du.jpg

BqEHgT5.jpg

The skin, censored and uncensored, can be downloaded HERE

and was made with @ICDP's magic template!!

Enjoy!!

Messerschmitt Me 262 A-2a '9K+Bk' (W.Nr. 170064) of 2./KG51 'Edelweiss', Rheine, October 1944.

Not a lot of exact reference is available on this machine but it is thought that it MAY have been the aircraft flown by Uffz. Horst Sanio and in which he was shot down and killed by British AAA on November 30th 1944. It does not carry the 'Edelweiss' emblem on the fuselage as far as I can surmise from any information I have been

able to gather but it has the distinctive 'scribble' pattern camouflage.

1ECoAIW.jpg

YfNkfdd.jpg

The skin, both censored and uncensored, can be downloaded

HERE, made with the unerring excellence that is

@ICDP's template!

A Nakajima 'Kikka', the Japanese Me 262.

A request done for a user so if anyone would like a copy I shall post a link at the bottom as usual.

It hasn't got any technical stencils or anything as the information isn't that easy to dig out (and it was LATE at night!!).

For this reason it is pretty much just bog standard with National roundels only.

It was fun really, that's all...

ps The colour on the nose is misaligned in the video but has been rectified on the skin itself.

HERE is the skin for those that would like it... thanks @ICDP!

OOPS!! Did this one by mistake, ah well @sevenless will like it anyway (and I'll do the one that you asked for in a couple of days!).

Messerschmitt Me 262 A-2a '9K DK' (W.Nr. 110613) of 2./KG51

Flown by Ofw. Hermann Wieczorek, Rheine-Hopsten, 25th January 1945

The factory scheme of this machine was modified in Unit by applying the 'squiggle' pattern used by others in the same Unit.

The swastikas on the tail were unusual for being just the white outline and this is probably due to the fact that the entire tail

unit had been replaced. There is also tape residue and bare primer on the point where the nose joins the fuselage. This is very likely

due to repair to this section after the pilot force-landed near Notuln after being hit by AA fire on the 25th February 1945.

yCboqyd.jpg

The skin, censored and uncensored and made with @ICDP's ace template

can be downloaded HERE

Me262 A-2a 'Black L' Rudolf Abrahamczik 2./KG51

This is the Me262 A-2a, W.Nr. 110836, flown by Hauptmann Rudolf Abrahamczik of 2./KG51 out of Saaz in May 1945.

The plane doesn't have the red tail-tip as it is thought that this was just an embellishment added by artist(s) after the event (see picture).

The skin, both censored and uncensored, can be downloaded HERE

with the customary thanks to @ICDP for the template!

Me 262 A2a 'Black X'

Leutnant Hans-Robert Frohlich, Fassberg, May 1945

This is a representation of how 'Black X' appears today in the Australian War Memorial.

Good and dirty and scrappy. Why? Because I wanted to!!...

2019_9_24__18_18_13.thumb.jpg.d5744d396d159f55e1b33b2621062670.jpg

The skins, both censored and uncensored, can be got HERE

and I once again give a shout to @ICDP for the template!!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

Hi Rap,

another nice skin!! Wunderbar😊 But there is something wrong with your skin😯

I know it. I didnt downloaded the skin yet😀

A question anyways:

Would you be so kind making me 2 other skins when you finished the others you working on! But take your time

If you dont mind

1, Unit: 11./JG 7
Serial: 7+| (W.Nr.500491)

Pilot - Obfw. Heinz Arnold

2,Unit: 9./JG 7
Serial: 3+| (W.Nr.500071)

Pilot - Fähnrich Heinz-Guido Mutke

Just a note: This is a well known Me 262.  You can see her in Munich.  There is a lot of info of white 3. (She was "taken" to Switzerland in 1945 and later given back to Germany in 1957)

The last two digits  "71" should be a little bit lower than the rest of the serials. No serials on the right side!

A HUGE thank you for taking your time mate!

Sorry about those swastikas, how can i earase them?

S!

! Me 262 Ofw Heinz Arnold 11.JG 7 redone.jpg

! Me 262 Fähnrich Mutke 9.JG 7 redone.jpg

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Yankee_One said:

But there is something wrong with your skin

Don't keep me in suspense!! WHAT is wrong with it? Ohhhhhh, I see. A JOKE!! You had me there for a short while!!

... and yes, I can have a look at those for you. I tell you what, can you PM them to me? It would be far more practical, just to avoid the possibility of them being pulled!

EDIT Don't worry, I've got the pictures!

@Yankee_One See above for the first instalment, ENJOY!!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 2

Wonderfull yellow 7 of JG7. Great work. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Raptor :good: always so good...! :fly:

• Thanks 1

Just now, sevenless said:

Wonderfull yellow 7 of JG7

My absolooooooot pleasure! ;)

Just now, Swing said:

Thanks Raptor

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Raptorattacker said:

My absolooooooot pleasure! ;)

I unfortunately run out of likes for today to spread among you talented folks. However I might have a suggestion or two for you to consider. Both skins are from Osprey "Me 262 Bomber and Recce Units" by Forsyth and Creek. Both are "Schnellbombers" or "Sturmvogels". Would be great if you could do one or the other.

kg51-1.jpg

kg51-2.jpg

kg51-3.jpg

Edited by sevenless
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Yankee_One said:

Sorry about those swastikas, how can i earase them?

S!

Hi Yankee,

load them into paint.net. It is freeware (https://www.getpaint.net/) and edit them before posting to the board. That way you avoid getting them deleted by the admin.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much RAP!!

She is fantastic! LOVE IT! And yes, i ENJOY your work !

You are incredible!

Sorry for the "BAD" joke😁 but  i had to do it:salute: only for amusement (maybe only on my side)

I know "shame on me"😉

4 hours ago, sevenless said:

Hi Yankee,

load them into paint.net. It is freeware (https://www.getpaint.net/) and edit them before posting to the board. That way you avoid getting them deleted by the admin.

Hi Seven(less) of nine😀

thank you too for your advice and

a Dankeschön and Hello an die RÖMERSTADT XANTEN

S!

Edit: Im so stupid. I have acdsee and can do it there☹️

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sevenless said:

Would be great if you could do one or the other.

I've one on the boiler at the moment and then I'll see what I can do. How's that sound? :good:

• Like 2

I especially love the good balance between matt and glossy colors in your skins. A wonderful work your two JG 7 Me 262. Thank you for sharing them with us.

• Like 1

Another masterpiece mate!

As Gransec stated, the balance between the colors and weathering are more than perfect!

Two thumbs up Rap for taking your spare time and making another beauty for me and the community:salute:

• Like 1

Very nice skins, Rapt. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sevenless said:

in case you run out of ideas for 262 skins, have a look here:

Fantastic! Thanks for that, it must be one of the few remaining sites I haven't actually bookmarked!! So much so that when I checked out the link I ended up having to sort OUT my bloody bookmarks into some semblance of order... took me about half an hour!! :salute:

ps Black X is on the horizon although surprisingly little amount of information is around on it, compared to some of the others. Anyway, we can but do our best eh? I HAVE found out that it was in the same production batch as 'White 3' in the Deutsches Museum. They were both built at Regensburg.

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

ps Black X is on the horizon although surprisingly little amount of information is around on it, compared to some of the others. Anyway, we can but do our best eh? I HAVE found out that it was in the same production batch as 'White 3' in the Deutsches Museum. They were both built at Regensburg.

Sounds great. I´m looking for some more Stormbird skins of KG51 or Kommando Schenk. Using the 262 as a Blitzbomber really is fun.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sevenless said:

Using the 262 as a Blitzbomber really is fun.

See above, my friend. Your wish is granted... :good:

• Like 1

No jet, but also a very nice D9 of Dortenmann. What do you think?

Artwork-Focke-Wulf-Fw-190D9-3.JG26-Yellow-1-Hans-Dortenmann-Germany-1945-0B.jpg

Posted (edited)

@sevenless That one is one of the default skins in the game right now. :)

Edited by Psyrion

9 minutes ago, Psyrion said:

@Psyrion Nope, that isn´t. Dortenmanns Black 1 is in the game. The one above is his last plane.  The default in game is this plane:

Art-Focke-Wulf-Fw-190D9-12.JG54-Black-1-Hans-Dortenmann-Oldenberg-1944-0A.jpg

• Like 1

@sevenless Oh, my bad then, I figured since both has the same serial number that they´re the same plane.

Just now, Psyrion said:

@sevenless Oh, my bad then, I figured since both has the same serial number that they´re the same plane.

That´s technically correct. He kept the same machine (same serial No.), but switched units, thus the markings changed.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Psyrion said:

Then we need another one with the correct historical tail markings...

Well, while you lot are trying to work out what's what with 190's, I've been painting my SE 5a...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Coming back to my "Red B" suggestion for the 262 from my older post above. I came across another source, showing the very special camo pattern of this KG 51 plane.

Red B.jpg

Well, while you lot are trying to work out what's what with 190's, I've been painting my SE 5a...

Your video of that SE5 looks great!   All it needs now is a sepia tone and maybe a little barn storming and I would have almost believed it authentic from 1918. 😏

And your skin looks great too. 😎

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 9:55 PM, sevenless said:

Coming back to my "Red B" suggestion for the 262 from my older post above

Leave it with me for a couple of days. I'm having a 'cool - down' from skinning for a short while! I rattled out quite a few in the last week or so and I HAVE to at least say, "Hello dear!" to Mrs Rap every now and then!! She's at work on Monday so I'll look into it then (so am I but I work from home... on my computer... Mwahahahaha!!).

:rolleyes:

Rap

Edited by Raptorattacker

27 minutes ago, Raptorattacker said:

Leave it with me for a couple of days. I'm having a 'cool - down' from skinning for a short while! I rattled out quite a few in the last week or so and I HAVE to at least say, "Hello dear!" to Mrs Rap every now and then!! She's at work on Monday so I'll look into it then (so am I but I work from home... on my computer... Mwahahahaha!!).

Rap

Hey mate, no rush. I know and appreciate your quality skins. Take your time. It is all about having fun with what we do.

Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2019 at 2:21 AM, sevenless said:

Hey mate, no rush.

I tell you what, there's not an awful lot of quality material on this particular beast. You HAD to go with 9K BK and not 9K BM, didn't you?? (of which there is neverENDING sources!!). Never mind, the Rap will NOT be defeated. That being said, the end product is quite likely not to be TOTALLY accurate but then if there's no definitive source material then one can only do one's best eh?

:dash:;)

Update: It's almost done. Another couple of days...

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Haha 1

Couldn't resist this one. It's a great campaign ('ALLMOST') from @samson who has a definite knack for Campaigns and also has a very characteristic humorous slant, much appreciated!

In which a drunken and reckless bet is made (and taken up!).

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

Yeah that's a great campaign and a great mission. :salute:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 9:55 PM, sevenless said:

Coming back to my "Red B" suggestion for the 262 from my older post above

Check the Me262 skins above mate. It was a bit of a fiddle doing that camo pattern but it turned out okay in the end, even if I do say so meself! Enjoy and, as ever, DON'T scratch the paint (any more than it is already, and it IS!!).

Cheers

Rap

I gotta say, every time I do a skin and make the video for it I can't help but marvel at how BLOODY GOOD this game looks on screen. It really is a joy to behold, really...

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Douglas A20 Havoc

A long-overdue rewprk of the A20 B based on a Wings Palette A20 G 'Ton Of Fun', hence the forward '57' having to be smaller.

There is little or no information on this plane apart from it's name and number.

I just love the name, kinda suits this beastie dontchya think?

MBkZ38J.jpg

Skin Download HERE

As EVER, special heads-up to ICDP for the template!!

A20B 454thBAP - 334thBAD

Good and Grubby!!

dF2EHKq.jpg

Skin Download HERE

Thanks to @ICDP for the Template

A20B 'White 8' of Black Sea Fleet in 1944.

As it says below, the original had a dorsal turret with a 12.7mm Beresin Machine Gun.

The colours are unusual together with the camouflage, as described in the same image.

FHDEpt4.jpg

RHLAAGp.jpg

The skin can be downloaded HERE

and thankyou to @ICDP for the Template

WHO WANTS TO GO OUT TONIGHT?!!

Douglas A20B Havoc

Based on a Boston Mk.III Intruder

W8268 TH-O of No. 418 Squadron - RCAF - Bradwell Bay

April 1942

The bottom reference picture shows the markings in white but they were definitely dull red according to further

research and given that the machine was a night operator.

e5NsCZk.jpg

Skin download HERE

and, of course, thanks to  @ICDP for the Template!

Douglas A20B Havoc

based on the Boston MkIII OA U/BZ261

of the Free French 342 'Lorraine' Squadron RAF

Skin download HERE

and many thanks to @ICDP for his usual quality Template work!

Douglas A20 B Havoc 13001 'Buffalo Dave'

of the 47th Bomb Group, 12th Air Force based at Youks-les-Bains in Algeria. February 1943.

The skin can be got HERE and wouldn't be possible without @ICDP's brilliant template, of course!

Please enjoy!!

Rap

•  
Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff Rap!... what's the music playing on the RCAF vid of the Boston?

Heard it many times but can't remember the name  :)

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Heard it many times but can't remember the name

It's 'Rumble' by Link Wray and The Del Tones mate. Proper garage/surf stuff. One of my all - time fave guitar sounds!

Edited by Raptorattacker