RAPTORATTACKER'S SKINHOUSE

Hawker Hurricane

Based on Hawker Hurricane Prototype K 5803

The original had such differences as only a two - blade propeller and no armament etc so this is just a tribute to that 
particular model which of course went on to become the absolute backbone of the RAF 
and others throughout WW2.

0sAbkut.jpg

The skin can be downloaded HERE

Good ol' @ICDP prepared the template, so thanks!!

Hawker Hurricane Mk 1

Fl. Off. Zdzislaw K. Henneberg~303 Sq.~RAF Northolt Sept. 40

F/O Henneberg was KIA on April 12th 1941.

Apologies for the misspelling on the actual video and thanks to @Slegawsky_VR  for bringing it to my attention.

303_zhen.png.849e324587bcd29b867a4f4d25ccb333.png

The skin, made from @ICDP's template

can be downloaded HERE

Enjoy, there's more to come!!

Hawker Hurricane Mk. 1

P/O Jan Zumbach~303 Sq. RAF Northolt, Sept 1940

Another of the famous 303 Polish RAF Squadron (who claimed more kills during the Battle of Britain than any other Squadron). This one being Pilot Officer Jan Zumbach. This wasn't actually HIS plane but he flew it on several occasions and got at least 2 confirmed and possibly 1 possible kill whilst flying it.

2140778577_HawkerHurricanesCirca1940303polnischeStaffelAircraftaircraftdesign-aircraftdesigAircraft.jpg.7df7fbe50def41cd60536bb996396959.jpg

984693320_ANewFlightPlan.jpg.5c1ca452d62259aa2f7214586bad204c.jpg

The skin (made with @ICDP's template) can be downloaded HERE

Hawker Hurricane Mk. 1

Pilot Officer Roald Dahl~80 Sq. RAF

Battle of Athens~April 1941

roald_pilot_1_005ba3395ba339_733_413.jpg.7b8676e8049aab33fca15b91a149c052.jpg

This has an element of artistic licence. The serial of this plane was certainly that of one of Dahl's machines

whilst the Squadron code of any of his machines is not referenced anywhere. The video also shows a

MkII c variant when it was actually a Mk 1 of the same.

The skin can be downloaded HERE thanks to @ICDP and his template.

Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc

242 Squadron RAF.

This machine arrived in Malta on October 4th 1941. The aircraft was slightly damaged on landing after the ferry flight from HMS Argus but it was repaired and went straight back into service.

The skin can be downloaded HERE

Thanks @ICDP!

Hurricane

Unit: 769th IAP, 122nd IAD PVO Serial: Z3227
This aircraft was based at Poduzhemye airfield during 769th IAP training.
On March 27th, 1942 it crashed during a training flight and written off. 

The skin, Lizard and all, can be got HERE

Thanks @ICDP!

Hawker Hurricane Mk 1

TM-B

Sgt. Pilot R. T. 'Artie' Holmes

504 Squadron RAF

September 15th 1940

Raymond Towers Holmes (20 August 1914 – 27 June 2005) was a British Royal Air Force fighter pilot during the Second World War who is best known for his notable act of bravery, while taking part in the Battle of Britain. On 15 September 1940, Holmes saved Buckingham Palace from being hit by German bombing, when he used his Hawker Hurricane to destroy a Dornier Do 17 bomber over London by ramming.[1] He was feted by the press as a war hero for his saving of Buckingham Palace. The British pilot became a King's Messenger after the war, and died at the age of 90 in 2005.

WARNING: THE VIDEO CONTAINS RESTRICTED IMAGERY

Dorniervictoriastation.jpg.51015ccf230e0f9fa1ebda43904c3f21.jpg

The skin can be got HERE

Template prepared by @ICDP

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

Rap,

Just watched the video on the 332nd FG and it was great!  Thanks so very much for posting it, I believe all of us should watch and realize just how very special these airmen were and are.  We all owe a debt of gratitude to these men. Yes America is not perfect, but to quote one of the Turkegee airmen, "...I'll hold her hand until she gets well."

Falcon

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@meplanes1969 I'll see what I can do mate! It won't be the Tropical version obviously because we don't have that in-game. It WILL be the MkV though (unless you want it on the MkIX?).

This is just a tester really. I can't run my game on 'Ultra' settings, certainly not record replays at the same time! What I came up with (I don't know why I didn't think of it before, DUH!!) is record the replay in my normal settings and then capture it in 'Ultra'... and it works!!

This is my own personal A3 skin but it's purely for experimenting with this method... The reason for the 'worn' paint-job is that I haven't had time to paint it because I've been too busy with painting all @Wolfpack345's kills on his Rata for his YT mission. Apologies for the player controls on the screenshot, by the way (DUH again!!)!!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

@meplanes1969 I'll see what I can do mate! It won't be the Tropical version obviously because we don't have that in-game. It WILL be the MkV though (unless you want it on the MkIX?).

This is just a tester really. I can't run my game on 'Ultra' settings, certainly not record replays at the same time! What I came up with (I don't know why I didn't think of it before, DUH!!) is record the replay in my normal settings and then capture it in 'Ultra'... and it works!!

This is my own personal A3 skin but it's purely for experimenting with this method... The reason for the 'worn' paint-job is that I haven't had time to paint it because I've been too busy with painting all @Wolfpack345's kills on his Rata for his YT mission. Apologies for the player controls on the screenshot, by the way (DUH again!!)!!

I do not mind which spitfire,I am still in early 1941 in my campaign,I think George beurling came to Malta I 1942,so no hurry to do it,many thanks and keep up the great work

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This might have already been mentioned....didn't read all 16 pages of posts. Is there a way where we can download all the skins at once, or at least, select all skins for a specific plane? Again, I'm sorry if I didn't read this before hand, but I'm feeling really lazy right now.

HB

On 1/6/2021 at 5:28 AM, JV44HeinzBar said:

This might have already been mentioned.

Basically no. There is something in the pipeline but on here nope. Sorry 'bout that my friend!

Rap

;)

• Thanks 1

A request I did for someone's personal skins. I was doing some Spitfires anyway and, being as they asked so politely...

For anyone who wants to look like these two whilst you're pottering around the skies...

HERE'S the link to both skins.

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
On June 28th 1942, a lone Curtiss P-40 Kittyhawk bearing the 260 Squadron “HS” squadron code and the aircraft letter “B” settled down over a wide and remote expanse of North African sand desert called Al Wadi al Jadid. Perhaps low on fuel, perhaps lost, perhaps with mechanical problems or possibly even after an attack the RAF pilot chose to land in the vast North African Sahara... 
The pilot was almost certainly Flight Sergeant Dennis Copping of 260 Squadron, the 24 year old son of a British dentist. 
The custom skin was created by me of course and the Desert Mod is by @Off_Winters.
MASSIVE apologies for spelling mistakes throughout, it was late at night!
The skin can be downloaded on page 2 of this very Skinhouse.

1433476696_DennisCopping.jpg.107efe26c08c3945b7b99789c03538fa.jpg

The same aircraft as it appears now in El Alamein Military History Museum.
The paintjob has been described as "truly unsympathetic"!
I wonder why?
TELEMMGLPICT000150367269_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqmWfkxmh73phBn6AfiLYjuHGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.thumb.jpg.e3069447adb3589797aaa2f2bb000393.jpg
alamein-kittyhawk.jpg.f5166afefd86a441c2b31396cdee98dd.jpg

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice bunch of skins Rap, I see you have been busy.................  idle hands are the devils playground you know........................ 

Cheers

LFC

• Haha 1