LeLv30_Raptorattacker

RAPTORATTACKER'S SKINHOUSE

Thanks RAP;

i really do appreciate your work and the amount of time you put in to make us happy!!!

I ll see it on your face, too much work!! Take a rest😉

Fubar work on Miss Velma and of course on Virginia Marie.

Oh boy,

i missed another 2 Mustangs. There is something wromg with me!!

Beautiful work on these too!!

Edited by Yankee_One
  • Like 2

Rap,

Thanks so much.  Regarding various planes for a flight (4) take your time as I'm certain other flyers want a piece of you too regarding skins.  Great Job with "Miss Velma"

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 5:35 AM, Yankee_One said:

i missed another 2 Mustangs. There is something wromg with me!!

You need to sit down, take a deep breath, have a nice hot cup of tea with some sugar in and start again!! ;)

• Haha 2

Whilst I have NO problems with 'coming out', there's surely a time and a place for this sort of thing... this is neither?

1454613153_ComingOut.thumb.jpg.c1e97d916422b58d7e68e4875fb217c4.jpg

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Hey guys, we´d better take a look around!"

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Waiting for the ''I'm not playing this game again until they sort this out'' comments 

I'm a fan of the, "I'm not playing this game again until they give this as an option" comments. Now THAT would be my type of commenter!!

1 hour ago, SAS_Bombsaway said:

Flap your arms really hard and you just might make it home! 

I've just done a mission in Career Mode and I literally ran out of fuel in the Lightning JUST as I touched down! 4 kills and plenty of action and I completely forgot to look at the fuel gauge!!

17 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Whilst I have NO problems with 'coming out', there's surely a time and a place for this sort of thing... this is neither?

You are all wrong😐

This is the nightfighter version😀

This is the newest air radar! Checking only for foes😄

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, Raptorattacker said:

Look Ma!!! No hands!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rjel said:

Look Ma!!! No hands!!!

Hmm...  Nope.... wrong again...

"I'm the King of the World!" 

And then they hit an iceberg even though the forecast didn't call for icebergs in the sky. 😖

• Like 2

On 10/13/2019 at 2:21 AM, Raptorattacker said:

Hawker Tempest MkV ser.II

Tempest MkV 'Le Grand Charles'

One of the several MkV Tempests flown by Flt. Lt. Pierre Clostermann titled 'Le Grand Charles'.

This one was from No3. Squadron RAF flying out of Volkel in Holland in April 1945.

Download HERE

GREAT template from @ICDP so thanks mate!!

Just want to give a quick thanks and credit to Raptor for creating a great skin. In my video it takes centre stage after 2:57.

Edited by Lemsip
  • Like 8

Lemsip,

Just watched your “The Big Show” and as it turns out I was reading Clostermann’s book at the same time, and you’ve done a masterful job of capturing the story he wrote right after the war ended.  I think one thing he emphasized was the incredible stress these fighter pilots were under, not just from air combat, but from seeing friends and comrades die horribly from flack and the low altitude attacks.  He recalls these events so completely you begin to feel his remorse.  We, as simulator flyers, can’t even approach that type of stress we can only appreciate the skill and determination of these young men. 

Again, well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Falcon41 said:

Lemsip,

Just watched your “The Big Show” and as it turns out I was reading Clostermann’s book at the same time, and you’ve done a masterful job of capturing the story he wrote right after the war ended.  I think one thing he emphasized was the incredible stress these fighter pilots were under, not just from air combat, but from seeing friends and comrades die horribly from flack and the low altitude attacks.  He recalls these events so completely you begin to feel his remorse.  We, as simulator flyers, can’t even approach that type of stress we can only appreciate the skill and determination of these young men. 

Again, well done.

Thankyou. Yes it was incredibly dangerous, and the losses of multiple friends in single actions must have taken its toll. As I made this video I found it was useful to have read the book recently, as you have, as it brought the book to life.

Happy Christmas my friend!

All the best for the coming year too!

Edited by Yankee_One

Happy New Year Rap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Everyone

Right! WHO wants a NEW YEAR SKIN? I haven't done one this year so the first to shout will be the first to get. Whatever you want on whatever you want... as long as I get some pointers if it's anywhere near obscure!!

Rap

:) 

I'm in the process of engineering the getting of a new stick so I'm kinda 'on hold' as far as flying goes (a VKB Gladiator Mk 2, anyone got one? Any good?).

What better way to pass the time than making one of you fine people happy??

Edited by Raptorattacker

Posted (edited)

Antoine Marie Jean-Baptiste Roger, comte de Saint-Exupéry P-38. I'm messing around writing in a 7th planet in Little Prince. I'm sure it would be more than OK if the recce model had all of the guns. Happy New Year Rap and Ms. Rap.

LP.png

Edited by GiftZahnsSteigern
  • Like 2

If I might throw one up for consideration as a future project- this baby is listed as a K4 from JG 53...interesting paint job there!  Thanks for all you do, Rap!

jg53 k4 w16.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GiftZahnsSteigern said:

Antoine Marie Jean-Baptiste Roger, comte de Saint-Exupéry P-38.

It can and will be done! Guns? They will be removed, leave it to me!

3 hours ago, SchwarzeHund said:

If I might throw one up for consideration as a future project- this baby is listed as a K4 from JG 53

It can also be done. As for the paintjob... mmmm, very interesting. I'll have a look at her after the P-38 okay?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@GiftZahnsSteigern Your plane is up and ready for download sir (page 8 I think, last in the Lightnings)! Complete with lack of guns. It's fairly impossible to cover the actual gun ports but the guns themselves have been removed, just to make it a little more faithful to the original!!

Enjoy and DON'T scratch the paint!!

Rap

:rolleyes::good:

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Thanks 1

Hi RAP,

just one note:

what a shame ...........

on me!

Didnt even realized that you have released Lockheed P-38J Lightning 'Kozy Koza'.

Thought that the P-38 in general was dead!!!😯

Thanks a lot for this forgotten beauty!

• Like 1

You got me scared there for a moment when I watched that Weiss 16 movie on youtube and the plane went for the hangars :biggrin:.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Edited by FlyingShark
  • Like 1

Greetings Rap!

If your generous offer still stands then this would be my wish: Not much in the way of historical photos but gives a good general idea...

:salute:

imageproxy.jpg

mustang02a.jpg

P-51D-_IAF_600.jpg

P-51D_Israel-00.jpg

P-51D_Israel-04.jpg

P-51D_Israel-10.jpg

23 minutes ago, BlitzPigVoidcracker said:

but gives a good general idea...

Any data on it? Squadron, time frame and suchlike? I'd need it for decals like on the bottom picture...

The little info i could get is that this particular Mustang belonged to the "Scorpion" Sqn based at Ramat David in the early to mid 50s. Those yellow and black stripes were used by the allies and U.N. forces during the Suez crisis in 1956. Thus it would denote that this scheme is from October 1956.

Hope it helps and thank you for considering doing it!

:cool:  

Thanks so much for White 16, Rap- she's a beauty! And thanks for sharing your talents and generous spirit- greatly appreciated, Sir

Yep,

if i would have more thumbs i would give em to you, so only two thumbs up😲

Beautiful K-4 RAP, love your white 16, its incredible.:clapping:

Thank you so much:salute:

• Like 1

Polikarpov U2VS 'Po2'

Po2 'Barnfind'

Here we find a sad example of a fine fine air plane that was found languishing in a shed in the backend of this particular airfield.

The question was, "Would it start?". Well, it did but the evidence shows that it DID run a little rich but hey, it GOES!!

The file can be downloaded HERE

and the ever-familiar thanks to @ICDP for putting together the template!!

I WOULD say not to scratch the paint but in this case it would be more appropriate to say PAINT IT!!;)

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1