Sign in to follow this  
Jabo_68*

X56 hotas ghost inputs after motherboard, cpu and ram upgrade

Two weeks ago, I swapped my Intel 7500 cpu  for an Amd Ryzen 5 2600x, a Gigabyte B250M-DS3H motherboard for an Aorus B450M and a Crucial 8 GB 2600 ghz ram for 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000.  Since then my Logitech x56 (grey/black) has been making ghost inputs.    I've been onto Gigabyte about it thinking it's caused by a faulty motherboard and they are helping with my problem.  All drivers have been installed.  I'm wondering if it's the x56, though I've only had it two months.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the x56 and the game, which were was already installed on my hard drive before the upgrade, to no avail.

I haven't done so with Windows 10 64 though.  I did wonder if it was a power problem but my 600w psu should be sufficient.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Edited by Jabo_68*
added more text

Hi Jabo_68, I have similar problems with my x52 setup, it loses calibration after lets say 10 mins of flying. I figured out, that it is getting better when i connect it to my PSU powered USB card ( which i originally bought to hold my Oculus and sensors ) as the only device being connected there.

Maybe you could try to have connect it as the only device using certain USB Ports?

Best of luck with that issue,

cheers

Jimmy

Try a powered USB hub. It's a fairly common issue and this seems to take care of it.

12 hours ago, DaveP63 said:

Try a powered USB hub. It's a fairly common issue and this seems to take care of it.

I should have mentioned that on my old setup I had my x56, rudders and throttle quadrant connected to an Atolla 3.0 usb hub, which wasn't powered, with no problems.   I today got an Orico 3.0 powered hub thinking it might resolve the issue, but the problem remains, so i'll be returning the CPU and Motherboard.

Edited by Jabo_68*
typo
  • Like 1

Your recent changes in hardware might be coincidence to your ghosting. Saitek, etc. wiring is notoriously bad. See this as one example:

Before returning the motherboard and CPU, I would test the HOTAS with another PC.

7 hours ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Your recent changes in hardware might be coincidence to your ghosting. Saitek, etc. wiring is notoriously bad.

I was aware of this problem but thought Logitech resolved this issue when they took over.  Otherwise I wouldn't have bought the x56.

7 hours ago, Seb71 said:

Before returning the motherboard and CPU, I would test the HOTAS with another PC.

I will give it a go.

I tried the X56 on my old Dell computer (Intel i3 3200) with VKB Joytester software and there was no ghost inputs.  Interestingly, since I raised the issue with Gigabyte they have updated the BIOS to improve USB compatibility issues.  That leads me to believe that it is the motherboard that is causing the problem and not the X56.  However,  Windows SmartScreen won't allow me to install it on my PC for some reason, so at the moment I don't know if it will resolve the problem or not.

Edited by Jabo_68*
added info

3 hours ago, selwyn said:

Jabo - check your PM's. Cheers.

I already read your message, Selwyn, thanks.  

I reinstalled my Intel  i5 7500 CPU, Gigabyte B250M-DS3H motherboard and 8GB of Crucial 2600 RAM and the X56 is working perfectly just as it was before my upgrade. 

Conclusion:  There is nothing wrong with my X56, so there's obviously a compatibility issue with the Aorus B450M.   However, my X52 worked fine when I tried it.  

• Upvote 1

I returned the Aorus B450M motherboard and replaced it with an Asrock B450M Pro 4 and the problem persists!

Update: I installed a 3.0 USB expansion card and connected my HOTAS to a powered hub and the ghosting issue is no longer a problem.

I'm running an Aorus MB and also experience this problem. Anecdotally it always happens to me during times of high CPU load like the feverish pitch of battle. The perfect time for my X56 to decide to hit the bail out button. 😕 

I'd try to fix it but have ordered a RUD 4 throttle from Iron Mechanic so screw the X56