Sign in to follow this  
Mysticpuma

German Attack Column - Quick Mission. Starting point for TFS to fix vehicle Ai?

Hi TFS.
I know you are working on the Ai which will no doubt be a great addition for the Single and Multiplayer crowd....but missions, especially vehicles in missions....this is so broken it's heartbreaking. Here is an example of a default Quick Mission in v4.54 (and it's been like this since I can remember) that shows a perfect example of the problem with vehicles at the moment. Also note this mission isn't accessible to play around with unlike Single Missions so if it's broke, it's broke.
I know that TFS have also reported that the fix to get vehicles to be able to cross bridges is eluding them....but that is also a huge issue for not only Single Players (quick, single and campaign missions) but also Multiplayer mission builders. I really hope, especially as they now have a full time mission builder onboard (The Oden) that this can be fixed once and for all. Anyway, here's a video of the issue and as everyone has the same mission in their Quick Mission menu, anyone can test it.

Edited by Mysticpuma

1 hour ago, Mysticpuma said:

.. mission builder onboard (The Oden)

This is not the case.

I'm currently building dynmis for 1946 in a standalone app (my first in c-sharp! oh the holy mother of bugs)

7 hours ago, theOden said:

This is not the case.

I'm currently building dynmis for 1946 in a standalone app (my first in c-sharp! oh the holy mother of bugs)

Cool... 

What does it do? The reason I'm curious about that is because I built a mission-randomizer for 1946 (Called Dyna) - started some 10 years ago. Programmed in VB6 ... lol ... it's a highly specialized tool though, and rather complex, and to get the most out of it, one has to build the mission tuned towards it... And that's why I never published it. Built it at request of one 1946 Coop host back then. I am still using it though.)

It's scanning the event.log and recreates the mission with new targets, reduce squadron available planes etc and recreates frontline once mission end is detected so you just fly the same mission again and again until victory targets have been captured and lots more but this is not the thread to hijack I guess :)

• Thanks 1

Hello MP

Oden decided he did not want to sign our formal contracts... which require Identification and personal details... so he passed on joining TF.

We do have a number of other mission builders working with us.

Regarding the famous vehicles and bridges bug:

We are working on this... it is not insolvable... it is on our list of bugs to fix.

We do hope to see vehicles working better in TF 5.0.

• Thanks 1