Sign in to follow this  
PandaCheese

Forcing enemy to crash doesn't count as victory?

In career, a couple of times I damaged AI aircraft enough that they crash landed. If I turn on icons then the active enemy icon kind of stays on the ground for a while, then disappears. These things don't count as victory I guess?

If it was indeed you who dealed the fatal damage causing the enemy to crashland, you should be awarded the kill.

From pilots encounters reports a pure maneuvering kill - that's when the e/a just crashed and you didn't expend a single bullets, counted as a claim. They aren't easy to program I guess but that's a pity the m-kills aren't counted.

To throw a pursuing AI enemy of my tail when I'm out of ammo I will go down to the deck and fly through the valleys on the Kuban map, weaving between the mountains. Invariably, they will end up in the sticks. I would not expect to be credited but it's very satisfying!

S! 

Wasn't the kill requirement changed a bit ago? That the downed plane has to lose a wing or an another vital part to be scored as a kill? 

Another PWCG plug here but also IMHO the solution ...

In PWCG I make the player claim victories.  On one hand it lets players not claim victories for planes that they damaged and much later crashed while well out of sight.  On the other hand, the algorithm gives unidentified victories (a crash will result in a victim with out a victor) to the player if they match his claim and they crashed in the same proximity as the player.  It's not easy, but it is possible.  Clearly identified victories or planes that did not crash anywhere near the player are not considered matches, and would result in a denied claim.

• Upvote 2

A dead engine used to be enough to get a victory.  I think a wing has to break off now.  On the plus side, that means no more kills when you land at your home field and run out of fuel because someone put a tiny hole in your fuel tank.  On the minus side, some obvious kills don’t count if the pilot manages to crash without losing a wing.