Sign in to follow this  
Alfaunostebas11

More missions with the same name ?

Something strange happened to me and it's not the first time.
I am learning to work with the Mission Editor and I have created a basic mission that is gradually being implemented with new units, objects, commands, etc.
Each time I save the new mission in the same folder, but changing the name, both in the mission properties and in the file.
When I go to test the IL-2 mission, I find that the last mission has the same name as the previous one ... So I have 2 different missions but with the same name. Obviously I know that the bottom is the most recent so I can test that.
I tried to simply "save" or use the "save as", but there is nothing to do. In ME I actually have two missions with two different names, but when I close the ME and move to the simulator I always find two missions with the same name.
However, If I save the mission in another folder, then I find it in IL-2 with the right name.
Any ideas on what may have happened?

Try saving the new version as 'save as' with a new name and save it NOT in your normal directory or folder. 

Then copy it from there to your missions folder. Both should then display.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wellcome to some editor odd things!!  Editor has a rare obsesion for conserving names, so save your missions with new names...

15 hours ago, Alfaunostebas11 said:

Something strange happened to me and it's not the first time.
I am learning to work with the Mission Editor and I have created a basic mission that is gradually being implemented with new units, objects, commands, etc.
Each time I save the new mission in the same folder, but changing the name, both in the mission properties and in the file.
When I go to test the IL-2 mission, I find that the last mission has the same name as the previous one ... So I have 2 different missions but with the same name. Obviously I know that the bottom is the most recent so I can test that.
I tried to simply "save" or use the "save as", but there is nothing to do. In ME I actually have two missions with two different names, but when I close the ME and move to the simulator I always find two missions with the same name.
However, If I save the mission in another folder, then I find it in IL-2 with the right name.
Any ideas on what may have happened?

See the last bullet point on pg. 183 of the mission editor manual.

Thank you Jim.

I have deleted both ctreecache.eng and mtreecache.eng files and now I can save the new mission with an other name and see it correctly when I load in IL-2.

I only hope not to have to do this job every time I save a modified mission ...

53 minutes ago, Alfaunostebas11 said:

Thank you Jim.

I have deleted both ctreecache.eng and mtreecache.eng files and now I can save the new mission with an other name and see it correctly when I load in IL-2.

I only hope not to have to do this job every time I save a modified mission ...

You're welcome. 

Just be sure to change both the file name and mission properties name for a new version of a mission and you'll be good to go.

Edited by JimTM