GCF

Flying Circus Unofficial Skin Bundle (One easy downloadable bundle of Flying Circus Custom Skins)

3 hours ago, J2_Bidu said:

Do you have any other disk? Skins don't necessarily have to be in the same drive as the game folder.

How does one do this? It might be good for me to clear up some space too.

41 minutes ago, Stumble said:

Me too would like to know !

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Stumble said:

This pretty much sums it up, but should you have any difficulty just ask. Hint: copy the game skins folder to somewhere in your other local drive, say D:\SKINS, assuming D is that other drive. For safety, rename your original skins folder to something else like SKINS_BACKUP while you verify this works. Then use the command as described, using the paths that apply in your case. After you see it working you can delete your backup folder. Good luck!

Edited by J2_Bidu
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GCF said:

Me too would like to know !

Old posting from https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/38659-how-move-skins-directory-other-drive-save-space/?hl=%2Bskins+%2Bother+%2Bdisk#entry560964 

Right now I do have one Win10home 256Gb sata SSD for regular internet/office, one lean Win10pro 256Gb sata SSD pure for gaming. Only I keep game self always at the same 500Gb NVMe like in this case its Assetto Corsa, Raceroom, BoX and all the STEAM stuff, so then I should have 3 disks for gaming, bit overdone. 

In de early days I did has 3 256gb sata SSD, one for internet/office things, one for WoFF and one for ROF. 

• Thanks 1

@Dutch2 You need an HDD. They're very cheap these days, and fast. Yeah its nothing compared to an SSD, but for what I need it for there's no problem.

2 hours ago, imanuthep said:

Nice skin, just a question, in wich Lukas Welter was flying?

Thanks. It's a fictional/personal skin for MP use. S!

6 hours ago, Stumble said:

@Dutch2 You need an HDD. They're very cheap these days, and fast. Yeah its nothing compared to an SSD, but for what I need it for there's no problem.

No not 3 SSD/HD for my gaming boot, if there could be an separate download, between the real historical skins and other (eg fantasy, personal, other non WW1 countries and low resolution ( converted from RoF)) skins that would solve a lot and keep the download time low. 

14 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

No not 3 SSD/HD for my gaming boot, if there could be an separate download, between the real historical skins and other (eg fantasy, personal, other non WW1 countries and low resolution ( converted from RoF)) skins that would solve a lot and keep the download time low. 

Dont worry, there will be seperate download bundles, differnet bundles is easy to create, it is the collection for photos and skins, sorting and catologing, Dutch2 that takes the time, just give me an exact idea of what different bundles you would like, if all skin creators would like to say if there are any seperate bundles you would like me to create, at present i have requests for historical , fictunal, post ww1, believe me bundles are probably the easyest and leaest time consuming. ps. i have never made a skin in my life, abit beyond me , a man should know his limitations, and hats off to all those who create skins, so there is no way i would be able to tell a old rof skin converted from rof and one made for FC, sorry.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GCF said:

Dont worry, there will be seperate download bundles, differnet bundles is easy to create, it is the collection for photos and skins, sorting and catologing, Dutch2 that takes the time, just give me an exact idea of what different bundles you would like, if all skin creators would like to say if there are any seperate bundles you would like me to create, at present i have requests for historical , fictunal, post ww1, believe me bundles are probably the easyest and leaest time consuming. ps. i have never made a skin in my life, abit beyond me , a man should know his limitations, and hats off to all those who create skins, so there is no way i would be able to tell a old rof skin converted from rof and one made for FC, sorry.

That was only my reply to @Stumble not to yours. About the converted RoF file is easily to detect, they are 2k while the FC are 4k, so you will notice if an skin does have much lesser mb, you be warned. 

As I read on forums the RoF converted to FC, do have little faults, as the template seems not 100% identical. 

I have 100% trust in you that you will make a great download pack. Keep on this great work 👍🏽 

Edited by Dutch2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

And you can discover whether the skin is 2k or 4k through checking the files properties. 4k skins would show 4096 x 4096 as the dimensions and size would be about 21.3 MB.

image.png.34e35162121cfc6c3259bb2934ef12e7.png

Edited by Oliver88
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2020 at 12:00 AM, GCF said:

there will be different packs, historical, hollywood skins, post ww1 skins, and all in one pack, with main bundle and update bundles each.

These update bundles. Is there any idea on whether changes to a skins filenames might be handled and if so how. Or when skins need to be deleted. If not do not worry.

Edited by Oliver88

1 hour ago, Oliver88 said:

These update bundles. Is there any idea on whether changes to a skins filenames might be handled and if so how. Or when skins need to be deleted. If not do not worry.

hi  i never change skins in any way, i only collect and catalog, and do not alter it in any way, only time i will ever ask a creator to change the name of a skin, if there are two skins with identicaal name. if you would like me to change names i can at this point but due to the way skins work once the bundle is realesed it is almost impossable, hope this helps.

@GCF   I have noticed that most 2k skins are the non historical Jasta2 skins and the skins made by @J2_Trupobaw  You can easily detect them by looking at the file size as the 2k are mostly 6000Kb or lesser and the 4k are 16000 to 21300kb big. 

Posted (edited)

Jasta 2 skinpack had some of the 2k skins imported from RoF replaced with 4k skins using the same filename. The intention is to overwrite the old files and never use old versions again :).

Edited by J2_Trupobaw

4 hours ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

Jasta 2 skinpack had some of the 2k skins imported from RoF replaced with 4k skins using the same filename. The intention is to overwrite the old files and never use old versions again :).

Ok but I think it would harm nobody if the skin pack with this low resolution is been separated from the high quality 4k pack, otherwise it would be like the Mission4today skin download section, the determination of 4k skins can only be done by after downloading. 🤪

Sorry I'm impatient , but 'eeeeh - are the new pack ready for download ....... Or ......🤔

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

hi all above is a list of all skin threads for Flying Circus.

there is a massive log jam in skins at the moment so would people mind if i release skins in sections, starting with personal skins, and the skins i i have already sorted, i can have that bundle section, ready to go in a week. all personal skins and all skins i have sorted up to now, i promise i will not leave any skins out of the bundle but will take time to get the sorted, i can release them, as i catch up, i can also produce a list of skin links to the threads i have not yet included that i will remove each link as i include then in bundle, i can run two folders one main folder, and a update folder for skins, so people do not have to down load skins over and over. each with have sub folders for historical / fictional / personal / post war & not involved historical skins. ill provide all files and folders on my google drive, most skins i have not done yet are the sqadren skin bundles but most of them are prepacked for download, by the Squadrons, and i will provide, links on a list to all threads. i will also link the skin threads i have not do yet. the first and only bundle, link contanes already many of these unsorted skins.

I aploigist to any skin creators i have not gotten round to including skins bundle yet, i just need time and to find a way of starting to get skins out in the bundles.

if anyone of the skin creators does not agree or has any sugestions , please say im open to any input.

thanks all

S!

paul

Here is the list of all the Skin posts, through out the IL2 forum. Will be including other skins that where given to me in PM, but this is all i can find on the forums.

=GEMINI=Hawkmoon98

Hawkmoon WWI-WWII Skin Repository

6./ZG26_Loke

Jasta 26 Fokker Dr.1's

A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix Paintshop skins - Update 2020_01_26

Adam

Jasta 18 Raben April 1918 Skin Pack

Jasta 18 "Raben" Fokker DVIIs Summer 1918

Mikael Carlson DVIIF (hopefully not too invisible)

AussieBoomer

Albatros DVa Skin

Pfalz DIII Skins

CCG_Pips

N°56 SQUADRON SKIN PACK

JASTA 40 SKIN PACK

E69_julian57

Skins Albatros D.V / Fokker D 7

Skin 4k Pfalz DIIIa / Sopwith Camel / Spad XIII

geraki9

SPAD XIII

HotWaffle

HotWaffle´s paint shop

Jasta 2

Jasta 2 Skinpack for FC

Jasta 5

Official Jasta 5 Skinpack - 4k for Flying Circus

JG1_Butzzell

U2 skins Brit

I./JG1_Baron

Albatros D.Va

Niiranen-VR

my Skins

Oliver88

Some British Maritime Paint Schemes 1914 - 1918

Pierre64

Se5a of Lt Arthur Rhys Davids - N° 56 Sqn

SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf's Sopwith Camel skin

SP1969

'Faker C.V' - a 'Hollywood' Skin for the U2VS

Stumble

Kiwi skin

SYN_Skydance

Historical Skins for Flying Circus – Entente

Flying Circus Historical Skins

szelljr

szelljr skindeposit (WW 1) ®

Taurus

4th Squadron. Australian Flying Corps (x18 Serialled Aircraft)

the_dudeWG

FDR1 4K Skins from the dude

Please, please, please

AD5 4K Skins from the dude

Tomi_099

Fokker Dr 1 * WWI - SKINS *

FOKKER D-VII *WWI-SKINS*

SPAD XIII S. * WWI - SKINS *

US93_Larner

Larner's Paint Hangar

The 3rd P.G. Skin Pack!

Personal German Skins

Larner's Skins Hangar

Personal Alby

RoF Retextured: S.E.5a 4K Template

US103 Squadron Skin Pack

US103_Larner's Pfalz D.III

SPAD 13.C1 Skins

FC Personal Skins

Multiple Skin Designers Posts

FC Community Skins Depot (Unofficial

If i have missed any threads or you would like your skin in the bundle or you do not want your skins in the bundle, please let me know.

Edited by GCF
  • Like 1

Thanks did downloaded the new pack, and tested some of the skins, 99% are really good, but man a couple are really bad made.   🤮

• Haha 1

Hi all they voting on the new structure and naming system has been decided on to stream line the skin naming and distribution of skins, thank you all for your interest and vote.

the new system is :

Historical skins  ( These skins can be flown by everyone)

start with plane designations

Central Planes

AD5 for Albatros 

FDR1 for Fokker DR1

FD7 for Fokker D7

FD7F for Fokker D7F

PD3a For Pfalz D3a

CL2  for Halberstadt CL2

CL2_au  for HalberstadtCL2au

Entente Planes

SC for Sopwith Camel

Dolphin  for Sopwith Dolphin 

Spad13  for Spad 13 

Se5a for Se5a

F2b for BristolF2BF2

F2b_F3 for BristolF2BF2 

next would be the Squadron Or Jasta the plane belongs to if not known please just put in Unknown.

next the Pilots name.

Any things you want to mention after that is up to you, you can add a skin creators name , or not you choose.

Virtual Squadron Skins ( only to be flown by the Squadron Member and is a personal skin)

Should start with a V prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Flyable Post WW1 and WW1 aircraft from nations not involved in WW1 ( These skins can be flown by everyone)

Should start with a X prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Fantasy flyable skins ( These skins can be flown by everyone)

Should start with a Y prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Personal Skins 

Should start with a Z prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Thanks again for your interest and support, no skins will be lost or removed until it is in with new name structure.

thanks

S!

paul

• Upvote 2

Great work @GCF , a real credit to the community.

If it's no hassle, any skins with a z US or zzz US prefix can safely be deleted, as can current historical skins of the 103rd and 93rd Aero Squadrons that are NOT named to the new naming convention - these are old, outdated versions of the newly released 3rd Pursuit Group skins.

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

Good evening all ! Finlay a bit of an update to the Flying Circus unofficial skin bundle, starting today a new mini skin bundle update will be coming out every few days or at least once a week.

these mini updates use the new naming system, i do not want to keep you all waiting for any longer, i know i have kept you all waiting far to long, and for this i apologise. This first mini update only contains 274 skins 5.61 GB decompressed, to be exact , some old, some new, but is only a small fraction of skins from only a few skin Creators, the ones that already where using the new naming system , those who changed that names, and those that gave me permission to change the name of there skin. i will message each skin creator over the next few days, My apologies if i did not include your skin in today's , will have another mini update in a day or two, all skins with old name will still be there. Please contact me if you need any help , have questions or concerns !

I would like once more to say a massive thank you to all the skin creators out there, who make a great game even better with their colourful, vibrant skins that brighten the air for all that play FC. My hat off to you All !

zip file containing mini update is uploading to my Google drive now , have link for you all in about 15 min.

Salute All !

paul

First mini update 31/05/2020

Here's the link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CRrBJgrOr1fOUQPw-PFOAj2oVpNOKfY_?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

i just though i would let everyone know, not all flyers follow the skin threads. everything is explained  in post here 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Amazing skins! Makes the game so much better (used them quite some time now)

• Thanks 1

But not my work, i just collect them, i agree really livens up the whole game.

I know! But thanks for making a bundle. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you Sir  !

By the look of things there maybe another mini update tomorrow so if you want them hot off the press you might follow want to follow this thread, in the Flying Circus Skins and Templates section thread.

Mini bundles will be posted there !

One big note Please if renaming skins please use a _ in place of a space as it will separate into the skins containing _ in there names first and those with just a space below them, only needs to be use for Historical skins between the plane type and the Jasta / squadron and then between pilot name. just for organisation, please use J not Jasta in the unit names.

In the same way please in any X_, V_,Y_, Z_ , rather than using a space.

if you are willing i am always willing to change the names for you with your consent and send you a renamed skins in a zip folder.

feel free to contact me anytime.

thanks again 

Salute !

paul

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure who the skin belongs (forum search for "coombes" came up empty) but reckon the skin in the mini update that is named SC_RNAS10_Coombes is named in error. Because F4017 was never on the strength of 10 (Naval) Squadron. For one thing she was ordered after the RNAS ceased to exist. The sole known unit for the aircraft is 204 Training Depot Station. Lawrence Coombes was in 10 (Naval) Squadron though. He joined them in January 1918. And departed the now named 210 Squadron in August 1918 to join 204 Training Depot Station.

Sources for this are A History of No 10 Squadron and The Camel File.

Edited by Oliver88

hi comes from this post.

you are correct sir nice catch will correct in next update as an X skin prefix, nice spot thank you

On 1/17/2019 at 1:43 AM, GCF said:

One big note Please if renaming skins please use a _ in place of a space as it will separate into the skins containing _ in there names first and those with just a space below them, only needs to be use for Historical skins between the plane type and the Jasta / squadron and then between pilot name. just for organisation, please use J not Jasta in the unit names.

In the same way please in any X_, V_,Y_, Z_ , rather than using a space.

Some more examples:

SC_RNAS##_Name ...

Se5a_RFC##_Name ...

Dolphin_RAF##_Name ...

Spad13_Esc##_Name ... (and I suppose some would be Spa##? ... I plead ignorance)

Spad13_US##_Name ...

AD5_J##_Name ... (Bavarian units do not require "b" after the Jasta number)

CL2_Sch##_Name ... (Schlastas always used Sch# in RoF)

If you're unsure about a squad, ask. If it's not a Historical skin, don't worry about it.

Thanks!

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, the_dudeWG said:

Some more examples:

SC_RNAS##_Name ...

Se5a_RFC##_Name ...

Dolphin_RAF##_Name ...

Spad13_Esc##_Name ... (and I suppose some would be Spa##? ... I plead ignorance)

Spad13_US##_Name ...

AD5_J##_Name ... (Bavarian units do not require "b" after the Jasta number)

CL2_Sch##_Name ... (Schlastas always used Sch# in RoF)

If you're unsure about a squad, ask. If it's not a Historical skin, don't worry about it.

Thanks!

So for the Manston War Flight, Seaplane Defence Squadron and C Squadron (and other squadrons in the Mediterranean) etc?

sc_rnasc_fowler

sc_rnasseaplanedefence_collishaw

sc_rnasmanston_brandon

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Oliver88 said:

So for the Manston War Flight, Seaplane Defence Squadron and C Squadron (and other squadrons in the Mediterranean) etc?

sc_rnasc_fowler

sc_rnasseaplanedefence_collishaw

sc_rnasmanston_brandon

Well ... I'm not familiar with them, nor could I find anything about those squads in the Rise of Flight historical skins.

Can't they just be RNAS? If not, maybe extend the RNAS like you did with the C; RNASAC, RNASSPD, RNASM

Also, I'm not 100% sure what Paul's intent was on Mediterranean skins. I thought they fall into the "X" category and would be able to follow their own naming system. Let's see what he thinks. Either way, I'm glad you brought it up. S!

Edit: so, I had a chance to research these examples.

I think RNASC is fine. It appears there were many RNAS squads with Letter designations from A to Z, so: SC_ RNASC_Fowler would be correct in my opinion.

Brandon's aircraft is listed as: SC_NAS_Brandon in Rise of Flight, so that's probably the best option.

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/11559-poll-nas-fl-af-brandon/?p=133464

Collishaw's aircraft is named SC_RCollishaw in RoF, even though it was posted as "Sopwith Camel No 13 Sqn RNAS of Ltn Raymond Collishaw". If that was correct, then I believe the name should be SC_RNAS13_Collishaw

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/19655-sopwith-camel-no-13-sqn-rnas-ltn-raymond-collishaw/?p=251961

Edited by the_dudeWG
  • Confused 1

Yes, nice catch @Oliver88. This was a late 1918 Camel used in training. I mentioned this in the original thread, but we didn't have the X prefix system in place at that time. S!

Posted (edited)

Hi, @GCF, I'm not sure what was decided about the skins, but I'll wait for now, since I'm not sure if I'll be back to the game. If for some reason I return, I'll PM you to ask what should I do with my skins. I have the Fokker Dr.I as well, but that one was not even released. It needs some tweaking and I was just using it to record some tracks.

I appreciate all the work you do. Thank you.

SeaW0lf.

Edited by SeaW0lf

16 hours ago, the_dudeWG said:

It appears there were many RNAS squads with Letter designations from A to Z, so: SC_ RNASC_Fowler would be correct in my opinion.

Yes and assuming we gain some aircraft suitable for 1916, squadrons using the same letter designation, but under different wings.

16 hours ago, the_dudeWG said:

Brandon's aircraft is listed as: SC_NAS_Brandon in Rise of Flight, so that's probably the best option.

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/11559-poll-nas-fl-af-brandon/?p=133464

Collishaw's aircraft is named SC_RCollishaw in RoF, even though it was posted as "Sopwith Camel No 13 Sqn RNAS of Ltn Raymond Collishaw". If that was correct, then I believe the name should be SC_RNAS13_Collishaw

https://riseofflight.com/forum/topic/19655-sopwith-camel-no-13-sqn-rnas-ltn-raymond-collishaw/?p=251961

The filename was SC_NAS_Brandon but the in game name shown to the user in the skins list was RNAS Manston, F/L Brandon.

There was another skin in Rise of Flight named RNAS Seaplane Defence Flt, Slatter also there was some French examples (for the Centre d’Aviation Maritime De Dunkerque) named CAM Dunkerque Default etc.