*Closed* Flying Circus Unofficial Skin Bundle *Closed*

Yes, and the Slatter skin was named: SP_RNAS_Slatter

Unfortunately, we don't have in-game skin titles like we did in RoF, and we should keep skin names (especially squadron designations) as concise and uniform as possible. Plus, not everything that was done in RoF was perfect either. For example, some RNAS skins were listed as 10RNAS (which is closer to their actual title), while other skins were (correctly) named RNAS10, which would ensure they are grouped together alphabetically in the game menu.

Would CAM be a viable French squadron abbreviation? It seems fine to me. I don't know of any other other CAM squadrons in WWI besides Dunkirk? Anyway, my examples above are not complete by any means. I think everyone involved in creating historical skins needs to contribute and work together to keep things orderly, especially those with good historical resources that can help fill in the missing pieces, like yourself @Oliver88

Cheers!

1 hour ago, the_dudeWG said:

Would CAM be a viable French squadron abbreviation? It seems fine to me. I don't know of any other other CAM squadrons in WWI besides Dunkirk? Anyway, my examples above are not complete by any means. I think everyone involved in creating historical skins needs to contribute and work together to keep things orderly, especially those with good historical resources that can help fill in the missing pieces, like yourself @Oliver88

Cheers!

Perhaps would be a suitable abbreviation for French naval squadrons? Seems there were more CAM’s at least from this french wiki page. Though I do not know much at all about the Aéronautique Navale so dunno whether they had units that were not CAM‘s.

• Like 1

i personaly, am not so strict on skins a long as it starts with plane designation_squadron_some type of identifier, i dont think we have to be regimented about it, what i really want is a smooth, quick way of getting skins from creator to the, to the public, in a way which they can edit files and get them back in the game . also in a way that they can get used in the game , correctly, so people can know not to use personal skins, or virtual skins .

sorry i did not play ROF but believe the skinning system there was not perfect,  in a way that can be the same but a camel skin to me is a camel skin SC_Sq10_who ever what every what, just some type of identifier, all is good of me.It does not matter to me if its navy, french, US or from Italy, as i like to fly a skin i like not what its name is. any individual part of the game i am sportive of as long as Fast distribution, of all your have worked at skins, is my primary concern.

Hi GCF,

Looks like there are D7 skins in the D7F folder. Mainly all the Jasta 18 D7 skins. The ones all marked in yellow.

image.png.049086729bbaa17938af8326eb6d817a.png

Edited by J5_Adam

Hi all really messed up, the first bundle had so many errors on my part, i had to do a V2 of the first update, it contains the correct naming system, i will upload the relevant skins to the skin creator. sorry i ended up in a situation where i was drowning in skins, and i acted hastily in post about and in trying to get everything sorted out myself and people where asking me things am incapable of doing like sorting out a naming system, for historical planes, which is important to the game. my lack of knowledge would be counterproductive to sorting out a very complete problem. if you all don't mind thedudeWG, has kindly offered to take on this mammoth task of getting the historical naming system figured out and getting working.  i@ll still be working on the Prefixed skins. i thank thedudeWG for the offer of help , as i have really burned myself out over the last few months, hope you give him all the great support and help you have given me in trying to make a working skin system.

Thank all !

Salute !

paul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hey Paul, a big thanks for getting this large project underway, I am sure it I’ll be greatly appreciated by everyone moving forwards. Thanks also to theDudeWG for helping you progress the project and of course thanks to all the great skins by the many talented skin artists who contribute their unique art to the WW1 flight sim community. 

Edited by ZiggyZiggyStar
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The next is a write up of the_DudeWG, who is kindle helping sort out a common naming system for Historical Skins of planes who took part in WW1, and i can not thank him enough, for all the work he is putting in, try and sort a common naming system naming for Flying Circus Historical  skins. it will affect positively the game in so many aspects, like skins being used in campaign's, but the main thing is a smooth distribution of Flying Circus skin, so everyone can see all of the 1000 to 2000 wonderful skins that have already be created for flying circus. Thank you to all skin creators for adding a whole new dimension of immersion and realism to a already great game. 

Here is what the_dudeWG posted in this thread, reposting here so it is not overlooked.

Hello all!

I'm trying to help Paul (@GCF) update the skin names for his Unofficial Skin Bundle and he asked me to remind everyone on the new naming guidelines for the Historical skins as they require some knowledge on their use, dating back to Rise of Flight. Luckily for us, we aren't under the same restrictions that were imposed on us by 777, but there are a couple minor (but important) rules to follow. 

Every Historical Skin should begin with one of the following prefixes, depending on the aircraft:

Central Planes

AD5 for Albatros 

FDR1 for Fokker DR1

FD7 for Fokker D7

FD7F for Fokker D7F

PD3a For Pfalz D3a

CL2  for Halberstadt CL2

CL2_au  for HalberstadtCL2au

Entente Planes

SC for Sopwith Camel

Dolphin  for Sopwith Dolphin 

Spad13  for Spad 13 

Se5a for Se5a

F2b for BristolF2BF2

F2b_F3 for BristolF2BF2

Followed by an underscore "_" 

Followed by the squadron designation (most often) used in Rise of Flight

Note, means that the French were usually Esc## and SPA##. The British were RFC##, RNAS##, and RAF##. The US were US##. The Australians were AFC#. The Germans were J## and Sch##. Etc.

The above list is not conclusive, but it should cover most of our historical skins. If certain squadrons fall outside of the common group, please bring it to our attention if you're unsure so that we can help resolve its in-game designation.

Why does it matter that the letters proceed the numbers in a squadron's in-game designation?

This is just to ensure all faction are grouped and separated from other factions' squadrons. 10RNAS is probably more accurate of a title for No. 10 squadron RNAS, but RNAS10 is the better way of listing the squadron within the game's menu, including other programs like PWCG. It also keeps the different skins alphabetically grouped neatly within our Window's folders.

After the squadron designation, follow with another underscore"_"

The rest of the skin name can be named as you wish, with the exception of duplication of other skin names or potentially dangerous special characters. So far; spaces, periods, commas, and dashes seem OK to use (after the PLANE_SQUAD_ prefix). I would avoid quotes, brackets, parenthesis and most other special characters if possible.

Here are some examples of historical skin names that would be acceptable:

SC_RNAS3_Breadner

SC_RFC80_DEC17

SC_AFC4_MAR18

Spad13_SPA75_Number15

Spad13_SPA161_Tognard

Spad13_US28_Default

Spad13_US103_Capt. G. DeFreest Larner

Spad13_Esc80_generic

Dolphin_RAF19_C4017

Dolphin_RFC19_C3792

F2B_AFC1_B1148

F2B_RFC22_default

F2B_F3_RAF48_C841

F2B_F3_RFC20_AUG17

SE5a_RFC60_Bishop_August 1917

SE5a_RAF64_E4002

SE5a_RFC56_James McCudden

SE5a_RFC56_Capt. A.Ball

PD3a_J32__Jakob Landin

PD3a_J10_Default_JUL17

PD3a_J7_Carl Degelow_Early

FDr1_J12_Ltn_Paul_Hoffmann_436_17_V1

FDr1_J10_WernerVoss_V1yellow

FDR1_J26_Bruno Loerzer

AD5_J76_Munchner Kindl    (NOTE: The "b" was never used for the Bavarian units in RoF and is unnecessary)

AD5_J11_MANFRED VON RICHTHOFEN_ JULY

AD5_J18_Unknown_3C

More examples to come ... it's getting late.

Also, one last important request:

Any skin makers who have (or will have) skins in the Unofficial Skin Bundle, it would be a big help to Paul and myself if you would offer to rename them yourself and resubmit them to Paul. We are more than willing to do the actual renaming, but the more people involved, the faster we can accomplish this task. This is true with the V, X, Y, and Z skins as well!

Thank you for your support and please feel free to pose any questions or objections to anything I or Paul have noted on this subject. This is a community run project and we are all a part of this community. S!

Virtual Squadron Skins ( only to be flown by the Squadron Member and is a personal skin)

Should start with a V_ prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Flyable Post WW1 and WW1 aircraft from nations not involved in WW1 ( These skins can be flown by everyone)

Should start with a X_ prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Fantasy flyable skins ( These skins can be flown by everyone)

Should start with a Y_ prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Personal Skins 

Should start with a Z_ prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Good Evening all !

Here is the second mini update 

I would like again to thank the_dudeWG for all his hard efforts and diligence, in trying to make some order out of the Flying Circus Historical Skins, over half this bundle where renamed and sorted by him. for the first time we have Y_ and X_ prefixed skins i highly recommend you have a look at these as they are some of the brightest and lively skins in the game. Y_ skins are pure fantasy skins or skins from movies. X_ skins are post WW1 or WW1 planes that did not directly take part in combat, like training planes.Y_ and X_ skins can be flown by all players.

The bundle also contains more Virtual Squadrons ( V_ prefix ) and personal Skin ( Z_ prefix), please do not fly in a V_ or a Z_ prefixed planes .

you will also see some V_ skins that are D7F  marked but are in the D7 folder, this is meant to be,  they are V_ skin used by a Squadron, these are same files under two different planes sections, due to the interchangeable abilities of skins, same goes for some two seat plane Skins.

Edited by GCF
  • Like 2

Just to check for my personal skin. The squadron, post-war, fantasy and personal skins do not also need the aircraft prefix (as per the historical skins) as a requirement? So the prefix rather than being z_sc_ is just z_ any thing after that being skinners choice, and whether to include the aircraft prefix (which have seen on some in the mini bundle) after the z_ is up to the skinners discretion?

Edited by Oliver88
  • 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Z4ys said:

Is there any working link to the complete bundle? All the ones I tried seem not to work anymore.

sorry for that at moment working on a update new link will be up in a week sorry for delay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I Claim No Credit for any of these skins, all skins in this bundle are other peoples hard work ! 

I would like to say a very big thanks to all skin designers, thank you for the excellent work, it is really adding a great new dimension to the game. Keep up the good work ! S!

Virtual Squadron Skins ( only to be flown by the Squadron Member and is a personal skin)

Should start with a V_ prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Flyable Post WW1 and WW1 aircraft from nations not involved in WW1 ( These skins can be flown by everyone)

Should start with a X_ prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Fantasy flyable skins ( These skins can be flown by everyone)

Should start with a Y_ prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Personal Skins  ( only to be flown by the person named, it is a personal skin for one persons use)

Should start with a Z_ prefix, after the prefix is up to you.

Here is the bundle finally ! This bundle is as complete as we can make it, as far as we ( theDudeWG and i ), it is only missing one skin creators skins and that is by his choice.

This bundle update contains over 1500 skins, in total. Divided into different download links. for those who dont want to see all skins.

A massive thanks the theDudeWG for starting from scratch going through the posts of skins from the first skin post to the last post, then downloading, researching, adding the plane designation and specific Squadron / Jasta prefixes. to all skins, it is a task that i had no way of completing, until he offered to help me out this update would not have been possible without him.

New Skin Bundle Downloads

I can not tell you what to do with your skins if you already have some in your skin folders, but i will be removing all my old skins and inserting the new complete bundle. To see these skin in game, enable in game settings, and extract the data folder to your game main game directory, where you see another folder called data, it will merge these two folders and place in the new skins.

Bundle links

Complete Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle ( All skins in one Download, No need to download other links )

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VPT83XBRWOTJRCPArKMa3aOHfbyEYcve/view?usp=sharing

Historical Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle ( Historical planes, That took part in combat)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IX_vfLdHODF3J1uuYM348KF_Wk548rmF/view?usp=sharing

Virtual Squadron Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IOO-mmWwrqcTmuscpGnipnwBrhHigad9/view?usp=sharing

Non combat Historical Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BX5XYOxW40xmXq04qanzD29J8pvyaawX/view?usp=sharing

Personal Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J3rnnOxoRDu24402bwNIf-LlNH6cUJtQ/view?usp=sharing

Fantasy Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18gqTTkRi8bIIgfYO11myslbdYn6xOT0O/view?usp=sharing

Edited by GCF
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
On 1/17/2019 at 1:43 AM, GCF said:

, but i will be removing all my old skins and inserting the new complete bundle.

I would recommend this to everyone

I would guess that 80% to 90% of ALL SKINS previously released have had their name edited in some form. This skin bundle is our “reset button “ to bring all skins into a standard naming convention. You can make a copy of your old skin folders if you like, but empty the contents of your skin folders prior to downloading the new bundle(s).

If anyone is having trouble finding a particular skin, or feels we may have missed one, please let us know and we will address it. Thanks!

Edit: if you have any Spad13 skins from @PatCartier (they all share the prefix “PC”), do not remove them as they are the only skins not included in the complete bundle.

If you are looking for them, they can be found here: 

Edited by the_dudeWG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
16 hours ago, WWSandMan said:

Apparently that post above with all the links is extremely popular... Hoping Google allows a reset on the download limits for the files.

Hi could you not download the links ? 

All,  we've updated the skins for the JG1 virtual squadron:

Everyone can grab the new pack here: https://forum.jg1.org/topic/7959-official-jg1-skins/?tab=comments#comment-61937

@GCF, all of our old skins (found in the current Unofficial Skin Bundle) can be deleted.

Thanks!

Edited by Stab/JG1_Klaiber
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

New Skin Bundle Update 1

If you have the first bundle these links will update the FCUSB with new planes and some will replace old skins with later changes by the skin creator. Just choose the aircraft skins type you want from the links but the complete bundle will get you everything, no need to download the other bundles as the bottom 5 are just the complete bundle divided into skin categories.

Complete Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle Update 1 ( All skins in one Download, No need to download other links )

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IvDuo3riDykfWGmq22kBB2kvAbWATTsm/view?usp=sharing

Historical Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle Update 1 ( Historical planes, That took part in combat)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JbhM4cP7hNM_xsU_qCav0cja5IEasBRj/view?usp=sharing

Non combat Historical Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle Update 1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OKI3oAxM6mep7idahUV4Bl0CUvhcljMr/view?usp=sharing

Personal Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle Update 1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13o5oW9TiusZ328ChuNLfysjt7A3axcum/view?usp=sharing

Virtual Squadron Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle Update 1 & Fantasy Flying Circus Unofficial Skin bundle Update links not needed as no new skins in these two categories

If you do not have the Main skin bundle already then download it from the links On the first page, you do not need it and the Update 1 as they are already up to date.

@Stab/JG1_Klaiber Skins removed, please let me know if you want the new ones included in the next bundle update.

@Niiranen-VR Sorry it was so hard to download but Dropbox is only storage i can afford that will handle over 25gb in one download.

@Z4ys Sorry mate , hope you got it to download eventually.

@Gardimus Very nice Skins , included in Update 1 above.

Ahh shoot! I started making personal skins for Kotori and I last week with the hope of including them in the next update, but they're not ready yet. Curse you and your update! How dare you put in the effort to make it easy to manage my skins! 😡

Oh well, I'll post them when they're done, so they can make the next update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've updated my personal 10 Squadron schemes (more information about the changes made are in my thread) and added some pre-Christmas 1917 versions. Here's links to them for inclusion in the Big Bundle.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FzWs0-45_i5oj512GlykArQxN_SVVR6Y/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1knJ2XkvH4biYnpMHUxmYZJvXmIxxhoFo/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZlFmiFcP4skgymkQwrTZPLAlvXJcgkty/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SETjh6UcNN_OQ4fKWL6h8NrVM79o5vvi/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Oliver88
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • GCF changed the title to *Closed* Flying Circus Unofficial Skin Bundle *Closed*
  • Jason_Williams unpinned this topic