Sign in to follow this  
sfrayner

Can you lower the seat in the P-47

When seated in the P-47 my view of the panel is such that I have to look down to see it. I would like to lower the seat position when using the TIR. I know that the Page Up/Down keys do this when not using TIR. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1 hour ago, sfrayner said:

I know that the Page Up/Down keys do this when not using TIR.

Well, then you have your answer. :) That's the only way.

Edited by LukeFF

you can change your head location by hitting F10 at least in VR I do it all the time to give me the best view for each planes cockpit. Once I had the fw190 with my head on the seat and couldn't figure it out till someone told me about the F10 KEY. 

You can adjust head position. 

When using TrackIR,  centre your view and without moving, pause the TrackIR. Now your head movement will not move the pilot head. Now use page up etc. To place head where you want it. Then hit the quickview save key. Then unpause trackir and you should be good. 

Someone did a video showing this. I'll add link if I find it.

Here it is: 

This one is good too  

Edited by SShrike
  • Like 2

It seems best to have TrackIR paused.

First, the action 'Save current corrections in head snap position (default key F10) is saving what will be the default view of looking forward and centered. 

But if you want to customize one of the 'Pilot head snap position' actions like the 'center and forward' then there is a bit of a trick to it.

You do have to have the keys set up for moving pilot head forward and back and left and right and up and down and head bowed (up or down). 

Once you have those set up then …

Press down the Pilot head snap key you want to customize the view angle for.  The trick is you have to keep it pressed down.  I don't think I have come across anybody else stating that fact.  Now while you have it pressed down use those head moving keys and even the zoom keys to get the view angle you want.  Be sure to keep the snap key pressed down.  Now while you still have that pressed, press the 'Save current corrections in head snap position (default key F10).  Then you can let go of both keys.  Go ahead and un-pause Track-IR. 

Now you can fly around with Track-IR and when you want that one special view you can press that snap key and keep it pressed.  While you have it pressed Track-IR does not respond to your head movement.  But as soon as you let go it takes over again.

I like to have my default view setting high in the cockpit so I can overlook the nose of the plane better.  But when I do that the gun site is out of alignment and I can't see the cross hairs.  So when I do want to see the cross hairs I just press the key I have assigned to give me that special view with a good look on the gun site. 

It seems you have to set this up for each plane.  

Thanks to everyone who responded. Especially those that had a real answer.