Sign in to follow this  
Ala13_Kokakolo

Multiplayer problem

I host the game, my guests do join but when they try to start they never got to the plane. They are stuck on the map page. The start botton is back to green, if they try to start again they have a message that says "already spawn".  If they select spectator they can get into the planes but noone sees anybodys planes... please help. I tryed to reinstall and same happens again.

i74770

Nvidia1070

windows 10

karpesky antivirus (i tried to pause protection...)

Problems you describe are comon when your either have to week PC or network upload and download set wrongly for hosting or your mission is to heavy and have to many objects and moving stuff for your server.

how did you set up server upload and download MBs, try to lighten the mission, how mayn ppl were you trying to have? whats your upload and download speeds maybe they are to low also.

here Han explain how you should have set your server download and uploads depending on ppl you host to 

To game servers hosters - please check that in your SDS config file the correct traffic limit is set. At least 50 magebites if you have around 30 clients limit, and at least 150 megabytes if you have maxed up client number limit. So it means:

DownloadLimit = 50000 or more
UploadLimit = 50000 or more

Edited by 77.CountZero

There was one base, no objects, one host and one guest. Nothing in the background at the same time. My line is 100 megabites (nominal, around 70 real). And no, it was NOT through the server but the inside options. It was a testing mission and there was nothing but a spawn and one option of unlimited lagg3.

Edited by Ala13_Kokakolo

problem is somwhere in comunication from you to that guy joining, i dont know where you can change MB settings for you when your hosting without dedicated server, what is your upload and download set in startup.cfg file. And what is net speed of guy joining then, can he spawn with no problems on other server.

What you describe hapends on servers when client dont recive data from server at time, i see this on WoL when missions start and there is to mutch stuff, guys with low net speeds have problems first.

Also try hosting with some other mission just to see if same happends on it also.

Edited by 77.CountZero

I try other missions and other players. Same problem. I will keep doing testing. I have a second computer and I will test hosting from there... i will post my findings.

I' ve got this problem too may time ago and is not related to network busy.  I've 300MB upd/dwn and any time I host, everybody can join w/o pbs and can see everybody but me or IAs, and me (as server) cannot see any player but can see all IAs and If players fly no triggers are fired nor enemy IAs are seen by player but no problems for me. I've tried to unistall/reinstall, disconnect all AV, stop all background processes, updated router bios, put router in dmz, etc... and no success up today. It started from one day to other. One day I could host w/o pbs and next day pbs started.... Maybe reinstalling windows...

thats strange, i didnt have any problems when i was joining df or coop hosted by tm8, and he has weeker net then you, and it was mission from wol so it had stuff on it. Try asking support about it maybe you get answers faster.