samson

MOSCOW SKY - I-16, MiG-3 mini-campaign

Campaign.png.f30bc3f52eb29daa31d832014953621d.png

MOSCOW SKY is a mini-campaign for the pilot of the 34th IAP, 6th IAK of Moscow Air Defense in the period 1940-41.

The campaign is now available!
Special thanks to photog95661  who made all English body copy editing!

Also you can use skins
Skins are 4K

Edited by samson
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 2

What does it offer that we don't get from the current Mig mini-campaigns?   I do not mean that to sound aggressive, it is just a polite request for more detail 🙂

Well, let's wait for those who tried the campaign to tell us. 
It may turn out there is nothing interesting for you.

But you're right: some "promotion" would be nice.
Like illustrated PDF where 2-3 pages dedicated to each mission to reveal  details that might pass by player's attention etc. What do you think? Do you need it?

For a moment, what "inventions" you may encounter playing this campaign?
a) animated feature intros;
b) "Interactive" aerobatics tasks (saying "interactive" I mean that in-game world will react TO THE WAY player performs aerobatic tasks - fires flare, gives comments via messages, play music etc.);

c) "complex" enemy-AI behaviour: deviating from scramble at some moment, then changing his mind, hiding in clouds...
d) some element of quest: some tasks are not obvious, so player has to GUESS what to do and then check it out...

c) dialogues (hell, yeah! there were some chat at ALMOST but my guess very few people figure it out, so dialogues are something new for sure)

and least but not the last: this "red" campaign is out while official Campaign-baker is being busy with some "blue" staff) .

All this in one mini-campaign (have a glance at skins!))))

Edited by samson

No. I was not criticising it.  I just wondered whether you could tell us something exciting about what to expect.    Never mind.  I am downloading it.  I assume we put the folder in 

'...\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Campaigns'?

23 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

No. I was not criticising it.  I just wondered whether you could tell us something exciting about what to expect.    Never mind.  I am downloading it.  I assume we put the folder in 

'...\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Campaigns'?

Yes, should work.
No, you're not criticising! You gave me a motive to highlight some Unique Propositions (and I got them)))
so, thank you and welcome)

• Like 1

I liked the intro video and I like the way the game responds to what you do and talks to you. 

I have to admit that I gave up on the second training mission because I could not understand what you wanted.   It said to climb through the second gate and do a slide turn but that is not a known maneuver so I tried flying through both sets of gates then after passing the second set of gates I climbed and did a stall turn and passed through the gates again in the other direction.   I kept doing this  6 times but nothing was happening so I gave up and landed.   I liked that I landed quite heavily and was told off 🙂

Nice one Samson. A lot of thought went into this. Being a new I-16 owner, I enjoyed going through the exercise. 

• Upvote 1

@samson Thanks ever so much for this little beauty. I just finished it (LOVE the last mission) and enjoyed every minute. The training at the beginning is REALLY good stuff.

Rap

ps If you ever want skins for a mission then just give me a shout, I'd be more than happy to help out if needed (NOT criticising the ones that are in this, at all!!).

:good:

Edited by Raptorattacker

I would like to ask for some help please.

I have copied all of the files from the Moscow Sky zip into the data/Campaign folder.

I see the scripted campaign, click on the introduction mission, click start, but nothing happens.

Is this a compatibility issue or?

Any help or insight would be really appreciated.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:37 PM, AdlerAngriff said:

I would like to ask for some help please.

I have copied all of the files from the Moscow Sky zip into the data/Campaign folder.

I see the scripted campaign, click on the introduction mission, click start, but nothing happens.

Is this a compatibility issue or?

Any help or insight would be really appreciated.

Same for me. 

Gentlemen, it all because the version of mision files is out of date.
Should be updated via (first delete all *.msnbin fies in the Moskoy Sky folder):

1. This action (anyone can do with Mission Editor):

image.png.668f78bc8bbe996111c1718136295286.png

Or
2. You could wait until author (in that case - me) upload updated version. Sorry, I just fail to keep the pace with all updates and my campaigns. But don't give up! Moskoy Sky is a short but full of fun campaign! (true))

Campaign has been updated to the... khmm... lost in digits... to the last version of the game. The link at initial post is working.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

When I go to load the campaign, it is locked and asks to buy BOS. I only have BOM. I assumed the campaign was for Moscow map. Any tricks?

3 hours ago, ozcanuck55 said:

When I go to load the campaign, it is locked and asks to buy BOS. I only have BOM. I assumed the campaign was for Moscow map. Any tricks?

When you bought the campaign, did it not state that BoS was required?....Failing that...you could always purchase Bos....especially as it is now in a huge sale

1 minute ago, No.85_Camm said:

When you bought the campaign, did it not state that BoS was required?

See the first post of this thread. No mention of Stalingrad, and the title is “Moscow Sky”.

• Thanks 1

I downloaded from the link...so no purchase. Just bought BOM on sale recently...will probably get others later in other sales. Enjoying the game so far....light years ahead of the original.

I'll keep the campaign for later. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

I am currently developing a content downloader for various games and the first game I am focusing to support is IL2 BOX.
I have already uploaded a mission pack and two campaigns and one of them is Moscow Sky, including the two skins found in the Skins category.
Here are the pics:
https://ibb.co/Dzy957P

https://ibb.co/nL9WxZZ

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-utNdzm6FtFkQYtU7ai5AViv45QhpSLQ/view?usp=sharing

Scan for viruses: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/42c3899ece65df6fa7479a2358e087c1390753ea0031c28e8cbb8b35c70b1265/detection

In order to download something, click "Quick Download" and it will start downloading immediately and if you click on another link before the download finishes, the second file will be added to queue.

The program should automatically detect your game location, but if not (in case you have steam version), you will be asked to choose a folder when you click "Quick Download" for the first time (unfortunately for now it does not remember the location you pick and on next restart it will ask you again - still work in progress).

The application is still in alpha version so you may find some bugs, if you do - please do report them here or PM me.
Hope you enjoy using the software and let me know what do you think about it :)

Content-Downloader-Pic6.png

Content-Downloader-Pic7.png

Edited by Zeev
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeev said:

Hey guys,

I am currently developing a content downloader for various games and the first game I am focusing to support is IL2 BOX.
I have already uploaded a mission pack and two campaigns and one of them is Moscow Sky, including the two skins found in the Skins category.
Here are the pics:
https://ibb.co/Dzy957P

https://ibb.co/nL9WxZZ

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-utNdzm6FtFkQYtU7ai5AViv45QhpSLQ/view?usp=sharing

Scan for viruses: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/42c3899ece65df6fa7479a2358e087c1390753ea0031c28e8cbb8b35c70b1265/detection

In order to download something, click "Quick Download" and it will start downloading immediately and if you click on another link before the download finishes, the second file will be added to queue.

The program should automatically detect your game location, but if not (in case you have steam version), you will be asked to choose a folder when you click "Quick Download" for the first time (unfortunately for now it does not remember the location you pick and on next restart it will ask you again - still work in progress).

The application is still in alpha version so you may find some bugs, if you do - please do report them here or PM me.
Hope you enjoy using the software and let me know what do you think about it :)

nice work!

But you probably want to create your own thread rather than to "hijack" this one as it'll get full of off topic posts. like this one! :)

10 hours ago, OrLoK said:

nice work!

But you probably want to create your own thread rather than to "hijack" this one as it'll get full of off topic posts. like this one! :)

Good idea, will do.

Thanks.

Im totally unable to do the first "training" with the Rata. After 17 stupid tries, Im done and gave up.

On 1/25/2019 at 2:02 AM, samson said:

2019_1_24__23_54_3.thumb.jpg.3653f30b590d7cfc5938f9329b1a7adf.jpg2019_1_24__23_52_48.thumb.jpg.e116f4c84c0fbcf5262a6cd60fc0b4f0.jpg

@samson I have trouble with this maneuver. Not that I couldn't follow what you are doing, but nothing is registering. Is it critical on the altitudes? The instructions say pass at 150-200m and climb to 300m. So do I have to pass the "gate" at 150-200m, then right after climb up to max 300m (not much room for maneuvering) and then back down through the gate at 150-200m? Or is it critical on the headings?

I've tried this like 10 times and can't register a single pass :( A bit frustrating...

I'll try to record a track within current version and upload here.
Well there is a set of check zones and yes, height is critical but not such much... The red smoke trail shows an successful attempt. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the track, samson! I've now finished the campaign. It was fun and the first time for me to fly the Mig-3. Next I'm going to go through Cold Winter since I'm now more or less familiar with the plane. 

Thank you for creating this free campaign, I've enjoyed it!

The skins are optional. Just for immersion. Original links are not working anymore.

2 hours ago, Nadelbaum said:

The skins are optional. Just for immersion. Original links are not working anymore.

Here are the skins

@samson, thanks!

I've also just downloaded Kursant. I guess it is only available in the Russian forum, right? Did someone (you?) do the English translations? I also see that Mission 6 fails to re-save in the mission editor, should I just delete that mission?

Yeah, you can skip it for sure.
What about English translation. I'd seen someone made a translation (at least "google-translation") and even downloaded it... But now fail to find))

Looks good Samson I might try.

How many missions are I-16 and how many MiG-3? Start in I-16 and then "upgrade" to MiG-3?

On 5/16/2020 at 10:32 PM, samson said:

FYI the MiG-3 normal map, default skins, and template were updated with yesterday's new patch. Some panel lines and rivets have changed so skins made with older templates will not line up correctly with new default normal map.

16 hours ago, Dan_Taipan said:

Looks good Samson I might try.

How many missions are I-16 and how many MiG-3? Start in I-16 and then "upgrade" to MiG-3?

First 3 missions are I-16. The rest are MiG-3 except the last one which is U-2.

• Thanks 1