Sire

Sounds in MP

What is the meaning of the sounds I hear often in MP 

' ding ding '       ' tingelingeling '                               ??

When it happens to me, all other sound stops and the chains rattle until I quit the game and restart it.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL

Aha , yes it could be the chat msg ....and other thing 

But I'm flying VR , so I donno 

it's a sound bug in MP games. It's been around for a long time. Unfortunately you need to restart the game to get rid of it.

7 hours ago, moosya said:

it's a sound bug in MP games. It's been around for a long time. Unfortunately you need to restart the game to get rid of it.

Just to double-check: after appr. 1 hour of playtime in MP, sounds become more and more "noisy", as if you were listening to them through an old AM radio, then engine sounds disappear, weapon sounds disappear, only low ambiental noises and the white noise remain, and you have to restart the game to get normal sounds back. Is it what you mean?

1 hour ago, sniperton said:

Just to double-check: after appr. 1 hour of playtime in MP, sounds become more and more "noisy", as if you were listening to them through an old AM radio, then engine sounds disappear, weapon sounds disappear, only low ambiental noises and the white noise remain, and you have to restart the game to get normal sounds back. Is it what you mean?

yup.. it manifests itself in some other weird ways, i.e. the guns won't sound at the press of a trigger but will come on 3-4 seconds later, you hear a very loud wind noise with closed and intact canopy, etc...

On 1/13/2019 at 5:47 AM, Sire said:

Aha , yes it could be the chat msg ....and other thing 

But I'm flying VR , so I donno 

its the long chain of "Outdated Hit Data Received..." messages that happen since last patch. when you turn off the HUD, the messages sounds are still played (i'm in VR too and I can express well enough how terrible it is for immersion) sometimes in laggy servers like WoL you can get 45 messages in a row. I've heard about the bug that BlitzPig_EL is talking about though, but I'm pretty sure that what you're describing is what i just said. Your best solution is to change servers 

• Upvote 1

The chat bell is horrible, I turned it off in the options menu. Its in general, the interface sounds tick.

• Thanks 1

Aha , I'll do that 😁👍. _ turn chat of