nessuno0505

My plane icon on the map in Expert settings: Is this a bug?

I've come back to Il-2 after a few months and something seems to me wrong: I play in Expert mode with no hud (Just radio voiceovers) because I fly in VR and I look for the most realism. The last time I played you have to navigate visually, now with the last update even in realism set to Expert if I open the map I Can see the Little icon of my plane, updating my position in real time. Maybe I could disable It choosing custom settings, but in Expert mode It should not Be there. Why? Is this a bug?

26 minutes ago, nessuno0505 said:

I've come back to Il-2 after a few months and something seems to me wrong: I play in Expert mode with no hud (Just radio voiceovers) because I fly in VR and I look for the most realism. The last time I played you have to navigate visually, now with the last update even in realism set to Expert if I open the map I Can see the Little icon of my plane, updating my position in real time. Maybe I could disable It choosing custom settings, but in Expert mode It should not Be there. Why? Is this a bug?

Is this online or off? I know that I have it shut off in my game, but if I go to an online server that has "GPS" I can see the little plane marker regardless of my own settings.

1 hour ago, nessuno0505 said:

Is It possible to remove It keeping Expert settings or should I set custom ones?

Yes, you can use custom difficulty settings, where you can manually disable it and keep everything else from Expert.

That removes every HUD element though, even some he might want to keep like the little compass in the bottom right corner for example.

Yes, it removes the overlay HUD. But he said he's after "the most realism". That overlay compass for sure is not realistic.

Oh I missed that bit.

And yes it is and because of how 100% precise it is I can never convince myself to now use it with a bomber. 😇

7 hours ago, Seb71 said:

I think you can toggle it on/off with key "I" (I as in India).

I tried it with a Quick Mission (Expert Mode). It only hides the compass overlay. The plane icon on the map is still shown.

Exactly. I already play without the overlay hud, in VR I can Watch to the cockpit Compass with a glance. But even so my plane icon Is still there.

Same, used to play WOL by turning off GPS for myself with the I key but since a few updates ago it got removed, wish we got this option again so I can enjoy my realistic navigation on the same server with those who don't like it.

1 hour ago, Sgt_Joch said:

There is a setting in difficulty settings to turn it off. But don't remember which one off hand.

Yeah. That's it.

"Navigation markers".

It can only be disabled in Custom Mode. It's active in Expert Mode.