GCF

Flying Circus Mass Dogfight Event (Week 3)

Week 3 of the Weekly Flying Circus Mass Dogfight

When : Sunday the 20th 2019

Time :  19:00 to 02:00  Greenwich Mean Time

20:00 to 03:00  Central European Time
            13:00 to 20:00 Central Time US / Canadian

Where : JG1 Flying Circus Dogfight Server

Type : 6 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Fur ball.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

Again a very big thanks to All the members of JG1 for allowing us hold it on their server, this Sunday and thanks for a great server.

•  

hi all

The Flying Circus weekly mass dogfight event is on this Sunday again for its 3rd week, this Sunday. the first week we hit 17 players online, second week, we hit 23 players at one point, for 4 hours i was online, there where 16+ players online stable for over 4 hours before i had to leave.  

Thank you very much to all who participated !   S!

The plans are, when more servers come online, we will swap every 2 weeks to a different server, to keep it fresh and to show case new severs as they come online, if anyone would like to nominate a new server, please feel free to contact me. if anyone has any new ideas or thoughts or feed back, negative or positive, please feel free again to contact me.

Please share this event far and wide, all i ever want, is more people to fill me full of lead ! i have started a scrap lead business. so " Bring Out Your Lead !"

There is a Poll to chose the name of the weekly Flying Circus Sunday mass dogfight event, it will end 1 hour before the start of the event on Sunday, feel free to get you vote in here

Last Sundays event was the first Flying Circus Custom Skin enabled mass dogfight event, was great to see all the custom skins flying in the air, great work and a big thank you to all the Flying Circus Custom Skin Designers, your work is excellent and adds a whole new dimension to the game when you can know you you are fighting against and who is who in the air.

if you would like to see skins in game, enable the in the in game settings to enable skins. also please feel free to download the Mass Flying circus custom skin bundle, made up of most Flying Circus skins on the forum, around 200 skins now , being updated every few days, NOT made by me , i just collected and bundled them, the thread is here

Hope to see you all in the skies on Sunday !

S!

thanks

Paul

Edited by GCF
new update for this weeks event
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Hi GFG

I have shared on ACG forum, will see if the guys flying ROF have a look in.

Edited by NO.610jailor
  • Thanks 1

I'll try and be there as well.  

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 8:41 AM, GCF said:

Time : 13:00 to 19:00 Central Time US / Canadian

Central time US/Canadian??? No one knows when THAT is (except for the Canadians I guess)! :russian_ru:

Can you give also server time or Greenwich Main Time?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

Central time US/Canadian??? No one knows when THAT is (except for the Canadians I guess)! :russian_ru:

will do, thanks

London is six hours ahead of US central

1 pm in London is 7 am CST

I will be there...

Edited by Darkowl
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

updated thanks for the improvement

• Thanks 1

good morning all !

since this is now going to be a weekly event, i am interested in a name for the event, i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, for a catchy event name, please post here, any names that you would like to nominate, i will, after the event on sunday, post a poll with these suggested names in it.

any ideas and suggestions would be well appreciated, think it would be nice for the people who partake in the event get to choose the name of the event.

S!

thanks

paul

• Like 1

Sunday Circus Maximus

Sunday Bout Time

Sunday Massacre

Aero Play-In

Great War Wing Ding

:rolleyes:

Edited by JimTM
  • Like 1

"This Is Not a Rebel Event, This Is Sunday Bloody Sunday"

Bit long maybe, and sorry for para-phrasing Bonio (your local UN Rep).

S!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

"This Is Not a Rebel Event, This Is Sunday Bloody Sunday"

Bit long maybe, and sorry for para-phrasing Bonio (your local UN Rep).

S!

very good, i like it, not only a catchy name "Sunday Bloody Sunday" but an event headline as well "This Is Not a Rebel Event, This Is Sunday Bloody Sunday"and fits in excellent with the disagreements about this event. my hat off to you Sir, well thought up. i will deffinately include it in the poll !

All event name suggestions will be put up, for the members to choose from, in a poll, that i plan to start after the event on Sunday night, it will be a three day poll, ending Wednesday, as i would like to give the results of the poll Wednesday night and then start advertising the next weeks event with its new name.

so feel free to let your imagination take over and post your ideas, either single ones or multiple ideas, all will be included and appreciate.

S!

paul

what about mixing Talbots idea in it:
"This Is Not a Rebel Event, This Is Sunday Bloody Gunday"
?
Could also clip it a bit:
"No Rebel Event, But Sunday Bloody Gunday"
Edited by West

Or if you were smart, you could just drop the Under a Blood Red Sky meme altogether, and stop the sloganeering stuff.  People will embrace a game on it's merits.

Edited by SeaSerpent

"sloganeering" i must admit i had to google that one, if i understand your comment, i think you get the idea wrong no trying to convince , preswade, or codule any one into anything, just needed a name for event, and thought we could have a bit of fun deciding on it together, instead of me just making one up. 🙂

I'll be there.  Good time to fly as I am snowed in.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, Wolfram-Harms said:

I'm in central time. Granted I'm not a regular on the forums but I do appreciate that my time zone was represented. :)

7 hours ago, GCF said:

"sloganeering" i must admit i had to google that one, if i understand your comment, i think you get the idea wrong no trying to convince , preswade, or codule any one into anything, just needed a name for event, and thought we could have a bit of fun deciding on it together, instead of me just making one up. 🙂

Careful man, or I'll challenge you to a spelling duel, and it ain't gonna be pretty, that's fer shure.

• Haha 1

Someone should post these events on the IL-2 subreddit. I caved and got FC and had a lot of fun dogfighting with you all!

• Like 3

Yup, today was great and I could fly for 3 hours, with more than 20 players for almost 2/3 of the time. But I did not have time to load most of the skins! And the Camels did some catching up lately, although the Dr.1s are still dominating the turnfight. :dance: And it is good to see some Spads for a change (but the D7s are coming!).

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

And it is good to see some Spads for a change

I had tons of fun flying around in the Spad this afternoon.  Took the Camel out once... Gonna need more practice in that one. heh.

I think my favorite map was the Kuban one.  The landscape is just really nice with the greenery, mountains and water.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

hi thanks all it was an excellent turn out, enjoyed the event emencely, so much so my eyeballs here hanging out in my VR goggles after  4 hour plus of playing. 

i would just like to say a big thank you to all at JG1 for allowing us the use of there server for the last two weeks, it is an extemely beautiful set of maps, connection is great, and even at last nights load it was hanging in there, stable, very nice work S!

Sorry went awol last night after event, but had to phone me mum and was so shattered i just fell asleep strait after and just woken up.

i will start the event name poll later tonight, if anyone has more suggestions.

6 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

Careful man, or I'll challenge you to a spelling duel, and it ain't gonna be pretty, that's fer shure.

whats wrong with my spelling i, i thought my spelling was very delishus ???

Fair do's, you got in spelling;

also, likely got me in the air;

keyboard warrior, defo, done your tour;

but intellegance not really to sure;

in that, i may have you by a hair;

disability, not inability, just pontificating;

and if your wondering had to google the spelling of pontificting 🙂

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

You should have googled "to sure" too, to check the context of that one !

:tease:

sorry punctuation not good at 3am 🙂 should have read "but intellegance, not really , to sure" anyway i claim poetic licence. 🙂

Amazing to see so many of you online last night! Also great job to those who organised it.

sorry to those of you I headbutted. VR and no icons/target distance is taking a bit of getting used to! If only I had one of those newfangled German silk bonnets 

• Like 1

thank you everyone, i am glad you enjoyed the event, it was a great success ! all the players online at once and the first Skin bundle enabled event, was great to see all the colourfull skins zipping around the skies. yes this event will be a weekly event, same time every sunday,

i am putting up a poll tonight to choose a name for the sunday event later tonight, so feel free to enter any ideas, and i will include them in the poll.

thank you all ! for attending, it is, you all ,that make the event a success 

S!

thanks

paul

ps if anyone would like to record game play during the event it would be great to see it posted, i will be sorting mine before next sundays event, so i can start recording in game. i have made a recordings thread here for weekly event recordings. 

Sometimes forcing the title can be a bit difficult. I think you can take it two ways:

1) Go for something dramatic and a bit exciting (or alternatively a bit silly). A Gathering Storm (symbolic of Flying Circus' slowly gaining players and content). Or.. Jasta Joust sounds fun.

2) Go for something more descriptive. Flying Circus Sunday Fly-In. Or just Flying Circus Sunday Dogfight.

I'd go for the second kind of name if you want to communicate the goal of the event quickly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Skin bundle?

Did I miss something?

:drinks:

Mike

Just a bit, here is the link to the bundle post

On 1/13/2019 at 2:38 PM, GCF said:

good morning all

i did a lot of thinking and work on organising an easier skin bundle system, i will upload the first, full complete and fully catagorised master skin bundle. it contains a total of 124 skins.

if everyone could please download this bundle and install it into your skin folders, so we all start with the same carbon copy. if this bundle contains your personal skin with a prefix zzz , could you please use the zzz prefix skin as i will then show up to all players. once you have installed this master skin bundle there will no longer be any need to download a big bundle again, as i will release,  every day or two just a mini bundle update file containing only the latest skins to be added, to your skin folder. in all bundle downloads, you will find jpeg of planes in bundle. i hope this helps to simplify Skin update and helps everyone to be able to see all skins used in game .

if you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to pm or post.

here is  what the The master Bundle contains please see attachments.

here is the link to the 7 zip compressed file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQjY7buF8KEX2I6x0Lwf0UN_9yDiIR0b/view?usp=sharing

here is the like to an uncompressed folder https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16UNqrnsUOgGSG7fo9P3s-aNyJuYKwdJ5?usp=sharing

S!

thanks

paul

Data OF Mass Skin Bundle Master Update 1 (13.01.2019).txt

FokkerDr1 FC Mass Skin Bundle Master Update 1  (13.01.2019).jpg

PfalzD3a FC Mass Skin Bundle Master Update 1  (13.01.2019).jpg

SopCamel FC Mass Skin Bundle Master Update 1  (13.01.2019).jpg

Spad13 FC Mass Skin Bundle Master Update 1  (13.01.2019).jpg

i know its beried right now but trying to get it stickied to the start of this thread, i will be adding a mini update, later today, and every few days, just a top up so once you have the master, just stay upto date, with mini updates, there is also a app that someone uses to sink my gdrive files dirrectly to there game some how, not quite sure could find out how he does it. mini update will be released in that thread every few days. sorry bit confussing, at moment, still trying new things with skin bundle.

unfortunately, its beried in this post, at the moment, and all mini bundle will be posted there.

13 minutes ago, GCF said:

i know its beried right now but trying to get it stickied to the start of this thread

I think it would be better to create a new thread for the skins (separated from the event). Just write a short text for the time being and attatch the files to the OP. I was also going to ask you where are the complete files :biggrin::dance:

no worries a bit confussing at moment and for the i appoligise, i addopeted this project recently, so still working things out, will get more organised soon 🙂 so will get things sorted better, until then i will be posting in this tread all new update to the bundle, until i can get it more sorted. please follow this thread, for further updates in the mean time, thanks

• Like 1

It's a bit messy to follow all the different topics, hijacked topics, sneaked in posts etc. concerning the FC online events.

Currently it feels viral, spreading all across the forums (and elsewhere too).

As much as I understand the need to raise other's attention, I'd suggest to tone down the advertising style a bit and rather resort to some streamlined activity, preferably in one dedicated thread.

'Cause the way it is right now, posts and topics popping up from everywhere just tend to cause users like me to add this kind of stuff to the ignore list.

:drinks:

Mike

• Thanks 1

hello all i appolligise for posting all over the place, just getting used to this forum, i will try and tone it down a bit and stream line it a bit, just dont know what is the right way and the wrong way on here, please help.

i have 4 FC projects on the go at once right now

1 the FC skin Bundle, (which is orphaned, trying to contact the OP where i am posting). i reall dont know what to do for best here, SP1969 came up with the idea and thread, so i ran with it, did not want to start new post as he came up with idea, but also dont want to highjack his thread, so waiting to here back form him, in a but of a quandery with this one).

2 the FC sunday Event (Has its own thread)

3 the FC sunday event renaming poll (which i am posting now as a new thread.)

4 the FC mass dogfight screen shots and recordings post ( already on site.)

any ideas and help would be appreciated as , one person says i am making to many different Threads, the other says, stop posting like a shotgun all over the place, so a bit confused on forum etiquet here.

Sorry and my appoliges if i have been posting like a mad man, and for any anoyance cause, i will cut back on my postings, and tone it down. i will only need the four threads going. sorry for using 4 but they are different subjusts. and i will post less on the forum.

thanks for advice

S!

paul

I already voted, but I just think it should be "Flying Circus Sunday Dogfight Event". "Sunday Blody Sunday" alone (whitout the previa) works as well. In my opinion, just keep it simple.

• Like 1

"The FC mass dogfight screen shots and recordings post"?

Can't find link, could one of you kind gents point an old man in the correct direction.

S.