[DBS]TH0R

v3.009 LOD short distance rendering?

Oh no, please not the cloud discussion again.

We've been there before and final saying has been given.

:drinks:

Mike

Posted (edited)

I tested on ultra settings with no AA and no clouds,

A20 "suddenly" appear/ disappear at a distance of 9.5 kilometers. Which looks odd, because they are big and thus very well visible at this distance.

A workaround for the cloud issue for me is to disable anti-alialising and use downsampling to get rid of the jaggies.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leon_Portier said:

Yeah, its bad.

Do you happen to run the game at high or ultra preset and cloud quality to high?

Yes, ultra settings:

1020172677_Graphicssettings.thumb.jpg.47be5d0c70e65543b4bac1e8d59b6d60.jpg

1 hour ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Oh no, please not the cloud discussion again.

We've been there before and final saying has been given.

:drinks:

Mike

Well, I am not that active on the forums. Can you please enlighten me what has been said...?

Posted (edited)

What is shown in video is not cloud problem its 9,5km rendering distance problem, as for big airplanes you can clearly see how they just apear out of nowere when they come 9,5km from you, its even wors on high alt when you have contrails just apear out of nowere at 9,5km from you, and for ww2 airplanes 9,5km is nothing.

and to answer op, its not bug its game limitation, and its not since 3.009 its in game from start, and devs said they would like to change it when they have time from answers on redit from last year.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

What is shown in video is not cloud problem its 9,5km rendering distance problem, as for big airplanes you can clearly see how they just apear out of nowere when they come 9,5km from you, its even wors on high alt when you jave contrails just apear out of nowere at 9,5km from you, and for ww2 airplanes 9,5km is nothing.

as far as I can remember, in perfect weather conditions, pilots and AA crew spotted planes from even more than 75 km. Is it correct?

Posted (edited)
Just now, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

as far as I can remember, in perfect weather conditions, pilots and AA crew spotted planes from even more than 75 km. Is it correct?

i think 75km is to big i dont remenber reading anything about that high.

but recently i was reading something about testing lights on wings of torpedo bombers to hide them from enemy flaks, and without any lights detection range was ~12miles ~20km, and when they had thouse lights on wings it was only ~2miles only. ill post link when i locate it.

It was caled Yehudi, and that was tested on avenger size airplane, so we should be able to see airplanes that size in game from 20km atleast:

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/stealth-aircraft-early.htm

https://blog.xbradtc.com/2017/06/project-yehudi.html

Edited by 77.CountZero

8 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

i think 75km is to big i dont remenber reading anything about that high.

I meant that number in distance.

Just now, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

I meant that number in distance.

i also ment that as distance, not high as hight, so i dont remenber reading anything about that high range :)

20km sounds about right, IIRC it is the same or similar rendering distance we had with the venerable '46.

Just like we got 150km ground rendering and proper horizon, here is hoping this time next year we will have this...

Those German fighters jumped out the hyperspace. (fyi the hyperdrive motivator is an old german technology)

Edited by -[HRAF]Arrow19
  • Upvote 1

No matter how funny this is, the planes in first post are russian. You have the wrong thread m8.

Since we're using SW, then this is not the thread you're looking for:

tenor.gif?itemid=5085191

Edited by [DBS]TH0R