HK1

Problems with installation and the only answer is “we don’t support it”

Hello, Yesterday I buy “Cliffs of Dover”, but it seems that this game only works in Steam.

I “hate” Steam, but I have tried again, but it’s don’t work.

So I contact Support and the only answer is “We don’t support “Cliffs of Dover”.

Maybe that one of You can/wil help me to solve this problem.

Thank’s

Hans

Where did you buy the game?

What form was the game in... did you buy it in electronic form or in a box?

If you purchased from Steam, you should have no problem... Steam supports the game like any other.

If you bought the old boxed original game, then you will need to install it, then get a Steam account, then get the game recognized on Steam.  That will then give you the 'Blitz' upgrade for free... which is shown as a separate game... which you then download and install from Steam.  Then you are able to play it normally and Steam supports it normally.

Hello, I have it buy on the site from Il-2 Sturmovic (electronic version).

I was not aware that's it play only with Steam.

My experience with Steam is not good, but I have tried it again and it's works terrible.

So I ask for the possibility to Exchange the game for "The battle of Moscow or Stalingrad", or another solution.

All there tell me is that she did't support the game.

Very, very bad !!

image.png

Posted (edited)

Let this be a lesson for you, read what you buy.

"After purchase, you will receive a key to activate the game on Steam. This version of the game was updated to run on modern operating systems, including Windows 10"

Reminds me of south park episode:

terms-and-conditions-lesson-from-south-p

Hehehe

You don't seem to know how steam works, they don't support it in a way that you did not buy it in their story. So what do you expect? They do have refund policy but how could you get refund if you did not buy it from them? Steam is a nice thing, store, community forums, marketplace, video streaming, online friends, good library with fast download of games and it's all there in one place. No need to keep bunch of dvd or having bunch of websites accounts to download your games. Patches instal automatically too which is great.

I don't think you can even get refund from this website because you already activated key but you can try contacting support if you don't like it and try. (Edit: or you did not even install steam yet?)

Give steam a chance, it's great when you get used to it. What's your problem with it?

Edited by InProgress

3 hours ago, InProgress said:

Let this be a lesson for you, read what you buy.

"After purchase, you will receive a key to activate the game on Steam. This version of the game was updated to run on modern operating systems, including Windows 10"

Reminds me of south park episod

You don't seem to know how steam works, they don't support it in a way that you did not buy it in their story. So what do you expect? They do have refund policy but how could you get refund if you did not buy it from them? Steam is a nice thing, store, community forums, marketplace, video streaming, online friends, good library with fast download of games and it's all there in one place. No need to keep bunch of dvd or having bunch of websites accounts to download your games. Patches instal automatically too which is great.

I don't think you can even get refund from this website because you already activated key but you can try contacting support if you don't like it and try. (Edit: or you did not even install steam yet?)

Give steam a chance, it's great when you get used to it. What's your problem with it?

Hi InProgress,

Maybe I'm not so smart ! 

But all "the games" from Il-2 Sturmovik You can play it without Steam.

In the information they tell us over a key to activate "Cliffs of Dover" on Steam, or the possibility to play it on Windows 10.

But she don't say in the information, that You can play it ONLY on Steam or ONLY in Windows 10 !!

I don't have Steam on my PC, because I don't need it.

I play for a very long time Rise of Flight, FLight Simulator and racing games, all without Steam.

Special for "Cliffs of Dover" i have Steam put it on my pc, but it don't work and i have remover it.

I don't clame anything from Steam (!!)and I know that many people are very happy with it.

So.., I will try to clame it, and ask help by the Il-2 Sturmovik store !

But all they say is "We don't support "Cliffs of Dover" and in my opiniun is this very strange because I have buy it from this store.

Btw. the International Law said that a customer have 14 day's time to refuse a product. Does not matter of You bye it in a shop or from a website !!

All what I want is playing with my new "game" or Exchange it with "Battle of Moscow or Stalingrad"

I don't need the difference in money back I have tell them. So.., what will be the problem ??

Who said you cant get refund? Steam allows for refund (even tho it does not have to because you don't really buy games, you subscribe to them) but they are cool and they do, you have 14 days and 2h or less if you played it. But if you did not buy game from store they can't refund it because they don't even have your money. Steam didn't make any $ on you.

If you bought it on website here and activated key then I doubt you will get refund, you already used key and it's gone. If you did not use key yet, they should refund it but it can be also tricky since you know key and maybe they don't want to give $ back since you could write it down and use after you get refund. I don't know. 

How steam did not work on your computer anyway? Maybe you downloaded wrong file. There is steam for windows, linux and mac. If you got wrong version no wonder it didn't work.

Hey InProgress,

Thank's for Your respons !

For Your information; I download the correct Steam-file for Window's.

But it's make my computer very slow and because all my games work's without Steam, I don't need or want Steam.

I don't want frustrations and angry, so I have buy another game (on the same Stirmovik store site), "The battle of Stalingrad"

and it works fine.

The other game "The Cliffs of Dover" I consider it as lost.

The Il2-Sturmovik store don't give me any service with my problem, but it's ok and I know what I can expect.

Well, let's play and fly and make fun !

Bye 🍻

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hello

I have the same problem, when i click of CLOD in steam nothing happen that mean that the game do not start. I sent several inquiries but

as usual I do not receive an help or reply. I guess that the release of update 4.54 contain some errors.

I will deinstall the blood..... game 

7 hours ago, gaga54jacdal said:

Hello

I have the same problem, when i click of CLOD in steam nothing happen that mean that the game do not start. I sent several inquiries but

as usual I do not receive an help or reply. I guess that the release of update 4.54 contain some errors.

I will deinstall the blood..... game 

You may be having problems with your anti-virus.... are you running an antivirus program other than Windows Defender?  Like AVG or AVAST?

Please see Update notes:

NOTE:

- Please be sure to delete your cache file (in your 'Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover' folder) before running the game again.

- Some people who are running AVG or AVAST Anti-Virus are having problems with them blocking the game from running. Solutions: Add an exception in the AV program for the 64 bit launcher .exe in the main folder. If you still continue to have problems, then you may need to uninstall the Anti-Virus program, (delete all folders after uninstall), then restart your computer, run the game once, then re-install the Anti-Virus and add the CoD-Blitz launcher .exe to the exceptions before running the game again.  Launcher is the file with the blue and red rondel.  Last option, disable 3rd Party Anti Virus completely and just run Windows Defender for CoD-Blitz.

Updated to TF 4.54 without any problem. Thanks to the Dream team 😉

First test on line tonight 13/01/2019.

Keep the dream alive...

PS: no antivirus other than WD     (Windows 10 last update)

Edited by I/JG2_Saladin

Hello Buzzaw

I have on ly window defender on my computer, I tried several time to reinstall IL2 CLOD as described

Clean the cache folder 

thanks

7 hours ago, gaga54jacdal said:

Hello Buzzaw

I have on ly window defender on my computer, I tried several time to reinstall IL2 CLOD as described

Clean the cache folder 

thanks

Can you post your system specifications?

In addition, can you see this post:

Please follow instructions and post log.

Hello

Thansk a lot anyway, but I have decided to delete the game and not reinstall anymore. I will concentrate my attention a IL2 Battle of Moscow

Thnaks a lot

Kind regards

Jack

TERRIBLE !!  We pay money for a game, but we don't can play it.

It's a big shame ! 🖕

4 hours ago, HK1 said:

TERRIBLE !!  We pay money for a game, but we don't can play it.

It's a big shame ! 🖕

You have not even start this game but complained about steam to begin with.

56 minutes ago, InProgress said:

You have not even start this game but complained about steam to begin with.

For the last time; I don't want STEAM and  nowhere in the product-discription can be read that STEAM is required, or that "CLOD" can play ONLY IN STEAM !

Absolute, it's possible that I have make a mistake by intrepetation ! But still as customer (we all) I deserve a normal answer !

Hello

I totally agree with HK1. 2 weeks ago the game started absolutly normally, then an update (Patch 4.54) was uploaded and after that nothing was working as before.

I deinstalled and reinstalled the game several time, follow the instruction or explanation give in this forum and in  Steam (disconnect the avg etc) but nothing

worked !!!!!!

As already said i will not reinstall the game and will give my full attention  to il2 ballte of Kuban/Noscow/Boedenplatte as this game worked with my full

satisfaction

Good luck for everybody with IL2 CLOD

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HK1 said:

For the last time; I don't want STEAM and  nowhere in the product-discription can be read that STEAM is required, or that "CLOD" can play ONLY IN STEAM !

Absolute, it's possible that I have make a mistake by intrepetation ! But still as customer (we all) I deserve a normal answer !

I would recommend you get a refund if you are unwilling to use Steam.

As has been said several times, you must use Steam to play the game.

I will contact you via PM to discuss options for a refund.

1 hour ago, gaga54jacdal said:

Hello

I totally agree with HK1. 2 weeks ago the game started absolutly normally, then an update (Patch 4.54) was uploaded and after that nothing was working as before.

I deinstalled and reinstalled the game several time, follow the instruction or explanation give in this forum and in  Steam (disconnect the avg etc) but nothing

worked !!!!!!

As already said i will not reinstall the game and will give my full attention  to il2 ballte of Kuban/Noscow/Boedenplatte as this game worked with my full

satisfaction

Good luck for everybody with IL2 CLOD

If you are unwilling to continue, all I can say is Good luck to you.

Please contact me if you change your mind.

Since both posters are have given up, this topic is closed.