vino

What is your favourite plane

Simple question; what’s your favourite plane in Great Battles? I love Bf-109 G6, it is just beautiful!

109 G6 or Ju-88, cannot say which one.

• Upvote 1

No matter what new planes come out, I always find myself hoping back into the MiG-3 and P-40 when I want some pure fun

I have to say the P-47, though I don't have BoBp yet.

Otherwise, the I-16. I love that squirrelly little plane.

Hard to say, torn between 109G14 & P-47.

After doing the first couple of missions of Havoc over the Kuban, I'd probably say the A-20B now - two big radials, fighter-like performance, up to 20x 100kg bombs, she's a beast! 

Though when the Tempest arrives... 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Bf 109 K4 < wating  for the FW190 D9 & < ME 262 A-1a

Edited by RAY-EU
  • Upvote 1

if Jerry than Ju87, if Ivan than U2 and if Allies than the p38 (will be, for now the a20)

Posted (edited)

Fly em all, love em all. 

I tend to avoid the Spits and the Yaks though, one for Neutral Stability, the other for being Neutral Stability when it shouldn't be. In general I believe the Soviet Planes perform OK, but the Control Forces are too low, according to Dive Recovery Instructions. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

The A 20.

As much as I love the real P40, it really serves no useful purpose in this game as modeled.

The A 20 however, rocks.

• Like 2

No love for the bf110? Looks nice, fast and has a reasonable payload. What more can a man ask for?

4 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I-16 or Pe-2.  I really can’t choose between them.  

That'd save me some typing, but for some odd reason I tend to fly the LAGG-3 more than anything, could be I enjoy a challenge :)

Posted (edited)

109 K-4 or G-14 for meteoric climb-rate surpassing even modern military trainer jets like L-39

HS-129 for superior guns: you can destroy an entire train or explode two tanks with a single trigger pull

190 with 6 20mm for unique ability to tangle with 75mm AAA and survive

Edited by WheelwrightPL
  • Like 1

The P-39-L for me... needed some time to get used but I rarely get pilot killed in one. Only one major rule to remember flying the Airacobra - avoid being slow and low. To the contrary of popular opinion you have great overall visibility including backward. The top mirror is just great - pitch up a little, do a half-roll and then let nose down when inverted and the mirror will sweep the whole back from down to up quadrant. The bad is short WEP timer but only 200 rounds per nose mounted 0.50" are worse and getting hits with 37mm M54 HE shells is like buying lottery tickets... After latest patches even the BF can survive 2-3 hits; it wasn't that bad before!

Posted (edited)

The one and only: IL-2.

Fighters are for boys, CAS aircraft are for men. :P

Edited by CrazyDuck
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SqueakyS said:

No love for the bf110? Looks nice, fast and has a reasonable payload. What more can a man ask for?

I always start my careers in the 110.  It really is a pretty good plane for ground attack and works really well for intercepting bombers and IL2s.  

Funnest to just fly for me is the plucky little I-16.

Go-to when I want to blow stuff up and go fast is the clip-wing Spit is natural aluminum.

But my all around favorite is the 109 in any variant. I just can't say no to those beautiful girls. 😍

If I had to pick - for looks - it would probably be the Bf109 F4 or G2 (before it started breaking out in pimples and blisters, etc.) but I love the look of the Fw190 Antons too (they also have the coolest cockpits in VR), and the 2 Spitfires we have. 

To fly, I guess it'd be the same bunch except the Bf109s would be from F4 to K4 (Love 'em all!) 

-Captain Decisiveness