Jump to content
klobuk

No, stuka can not take the most damage...

Recommended Posts

Damage effect of German 20 mils after update 3.008...

 

 

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the IL-2 was the flying tank, not oPe-2 :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange, cause, most of the time, when i fly pe2, i'm shot down with very very less....and my gunners aren't as efficient than all i can read about them. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but ....

what happens with famous uber gunner of pe2?? he dont kill any enemy???  buah....   very dissapointing.

 

Now seriously ....  i dont know exactly why ( maybe is something relationated with coop misions ... )  but actuall the amount of damage can support the planes are insane.... and in some cases  ... seems surface damage on wings dont affect to speed and maneuvers of plane

 

I hope we dont are in front of finish damage model. and devs continue improve it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

but ....

what happens with famous uber gunner of pe2?? he dont kill any enemy???  buah....   very dissapointing.

 

According to Klobuk, both FW 190's got severly damaged by the rear laser beam of Peshka.

 

Traditional Peshka's one tap headshot/engine damaged/plane on fire didn't happen :rolleyes:

Edited by Ropalcz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, klobuk said:

Damage effect of German 20 mils after update 3.008...

 

 

Hi! That's the plane that we attack together! We both scored many hits with our FWs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

Hi! That's the plane that we attack together! We both scored many hits with our FWs

Yep, that's the run 😄 Unfortunately it's not clear from my replay how many 20s you have hit so I've counted only my hits...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I scored 16 hits according to the stats... Can't say how many of those were 20 mm shells. Obviously lag created a lot of problems as you can see. Its damages come way later after our hits as I found myself crippled when I was quite far from him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think online data isnt fiable.

 

For example , look this case 

 

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=74729&name=[G9]Ret44

 

70  hits by  72-k and yak7b --- finally after 2 minuts running a treetop level , he crash on ground an die...  how knows how many  more damage can receive if he dont crash.

 

Note all damage was on aircraft no bootpilot or gunner . All damage to aircraft.

 

Similar cases u can find in both sides. For me actual DM or network, need more work.

 

 

Edited by 666GIAP_Tumu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

I think online data isnt fiable.

 

For example , look this case 

 

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=74729&name=[G9]Ret44

 

70  hits by  72-k and yak7b --- finally after 2 minuts running a treetop level , he crash on ground an die...  how knows how many  more damage can receive if he dont crash.

 

Note all damage was on aircraft no bootpilot or gunner . All damage to aircraft.

 

Similar cases u can find in both sides. For me actual DM or network, need more work.

 

 

I play also singleplayer and I have similar experience... For example yak/La-5 is maneuvering with me after 6 hits from 20 mils etc... New damage model really needs some tweaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That video is exactly why devs dont bather to even look dm reports from MP, you can clearly see how your bulet data is delayed, even you say in video text that there is no damage visable, and later you see explosions happend when no one is shoting, if you could see chat i bet there was planty outdated messages in chat, as missions with ships on WoL are to laggy since 3.007 update, and constantly you can see outdated bulet data on them, like shown in video here.

Good test of DM in MP you can done only in empty server and 2 of you, showing situations like this on server and mission that is lagging is waist of time, no one will take it seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

That video is exactly why devs dont bather to even look dm reports from MP, you can clearly see how your bulet data is delayed, even you say in video text that there is no damage visable, and later you see explosions happend when no one is shoting, if you could see chat i bet there was planty outdated messages in chat, as missions with ships on WoL are to laggy since 3.007 update, and constantly you can see outdated bulet data on them, like shown in video here.

Good test of DM in MP you can done only in empty server and 2 of you, showing situations like this on server and mission that is lagging is waist of time, no one will take it seriously.

I think it's sad if devs don't take MP seriously. If they say best available MP servers are crapy why don't we have official MP servers then? Hits from the video you are talking about are those from another 190. This is normal if you record in MP. Therefore I have counted only my 20s which are clearly visible so in fact Pe-2 took more damage than 21x20mm... I have similar situations also in SP where yak/la-5 fight with me after 6-7 20mm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

That video is exactly why devs dont bather to even look dm reports from MP, you can clearly see how your bulet data is delayed, even you say in video text that there is no damage visable, and later you see explosions happend when no one is shoting, if you could see chat i bet there was planty outdated messages in chat, as missions with ships on WoL are to laggy since 3.007 update, and constantly you can see outdated bulet data on them, like shown in video here.

Good test of DM in MP you can done only in empty server and 2 of you, showing situations like this on server and mission that is lagging is waist of time, no one will take it seriously.

 

I disagree. Even with lag and delay (you are right there were messages of delay on the WOL server) those hits are counted, just later. The plane and the game's engine received and noticed that hits. The point is that after several minutes it kept on flying with no problem at all doing is bombing run.

The lag problem would have been hitting him hard, nothing happens and he drops its bombs soon after and then he receives damages so in this case we can say that hits don't afflict the plane's flight because of delay. But here he received all the damages even after lag delay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From video it looks that delay bullet impacts are from first 190, so i dont see why this video would be of any interest as its not showing for sure whats happening, im sure pe-2 in game can servive that amount of bullets, but this video is poor in showing that as it can be questioned because of lag that is comon on wol server on that mission.

 

If you realy wont to show how strong Pe-2 is then load it in Quick Mission and attack it there, you can even change in your startup.cfg value of mission_text_log = 0 to 1 so you get mission logs and you can clearly see there what type of bullet hit airplane and show that with video and replay. That would be more acceptable, and devs would take notice of it. But video like you shown is exactly why devs say they dont bather to look at DM videos from MP as you can see you dont know exactly whats happening, and you need to know who and when hit what, and you can get that only for sure in SP, or cean server with good conection and only 2 of you, 1 attacker and one in attacked airplane telling you what damage you did.

 

Im not questioning that Pe-2 servived that amount of bullets, i dont know what amount he should servive in real, but im questioning your metod as it can not show exactly whats happening to be sure when he got hit with what and when would he go down if all bullets are with no delay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

From video it looks that delay bullet impacts are from first 190, so i dont see why this video would be of any interest as its not showing for sure whats happening, im sure pe-2 in game can servive that amount of bullets, but this video is poor in showing that as it can be questioned because of lag that is comon on wol server on that mission.

 

If you realy wont to show how strong Pe-2 is then load it in Quick Mission and attack it there, you can even change in your startup.cfg value of mission_text_log = 0 to 1 so you get mission logs and you can clearly see there what type of bullet hit airplane and show that with video and replay. That would be more acceptable, and devs would take notice of it. But video like you shown is exactly why devs say they dont bather to look at DM videos from MP as you can see you dont know exactly whats happening, and you need to know who and when hit what, and you can get that only for sure in SP, or cean server with good conection and only 2 of you, 1 attacker and one in attacked airplane telling you what damage you did.

 

Im not questioning that Pe-2 servived that amount of bullets, i dont know what amount he should servive in real, but im questioning your metod as it can not show exactly whats happening to be sure when he got hit with what and when would he go down if all bullets are with no delay.

Delayed hits are clearly from another 190... I don't know if you are watching another video or what's your point... if liberty and another most popular servers are poor tell me where can I find some official dedicated servers without these issues... thank you. (And ofcourse all my 21 20mm hits were delayed 5min or so so pe-2 can make his bomb run 😄)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That other 190 hit him only with 2x 20mm bullets, all that delay is from your 190

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/3878199/?tour=43

 

in this case delay is not 5min, but i did see delays of 200+s on outdated messages, also look at stats when ships flak hit him, and then compare that with what you see in video, and you can clearly see that when you start to count flak hits in video, you dont attack him in video after it, BUT in stats you can clearly see that you damaged him after ship flaks shot at him, as outdated hits got to him only then, so yes you were having outdated hits on him, and stats and your video shows that, as you did acording to stats 82% damage to him after flak hit him (thats the moment all your other not previously detected bullets got recived by him and thats why that one event has that big % of damage in 1s ), and thats not what you see in video.

 

When i join WoL server and i see mission is one with to many objects and will be to heavy, i just wait untill objects get destroyed and join in 1h, as there is no point in playing on mission that is lagy, as you never know what will happend when you attack enemy, its good for bombers ( as they can bomb and flak shoots at them with delay, so they can drop bombs on target without geting shoot down before it by flak, as damage will be delayed) to play then but not for fighters.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go online and fly PE 2

you will find it not to be a uberplane pretty fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

if you realy wont to show how strong Pe-2 is then load it in Quick Mission and attack it there, you can even change in your startup.cfg value of mission_text_log = 0 to 1 so you get mission logs and you can clearly see there what type of bullet hit airplane and show that with video and replay.

 

What program do you use to read the mission logs after editing the startup.cfg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is interesting but the poll is vastly in support of the new DM.

I wonder however how many of the poll participants are playing and active in multiplayer. Because in single player if you want to have a stronger plane you just need to check your plane as indestructible, it is not necessary to affect the gameplay for everybody else.


On one hand it is not reallistic every plane to fall from sky with missing wing everytime you shoot, on the other hand the 30 mm look vastly underpowered.

In the video as you count only the visual damage splash, I suppose as only every second bullet is HE, the damage taken was even bigger as you cannot count how many AP hit the PE2.
 

What is written regarding the test 77.CountZero seems like good testing method. On the other hand as the game is designed to be played in MP, our MP experience matter a lot too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, CUJO_1970 said:

 

What program do you use to read the mission logs after editing the startup.cfg?

I dont use any program, i just open fies with notepad and read whats there, i was using that mostly when deciding what bullet was better for antitank, you could see what damage % it does when you test in SP.

48 minutes ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

It is interesting but the poll is vastly in support of the new DM.

I wonder however how many of the poll participants are playing and active in multiplayer. Because in single player if you want to have a stronger plane you just need to check your plane as indestructible, it is not necessary to affect the gameplay for everybody else.


On one hand it is not reallistic every plane to fall from sky with missing wing everytime you shoot, on the other hand the 30 mm look vastly underpowered.

In the video as you count only the visual damage splash, I suppose as only every second bullet is HE, the damage taken was even bigger as you cannot count how many AP hit the PE2.
 

What is written regarding the test 77.CountZero seems like good testing method. On the other hand as the game is designed to be played in MP, our MP experience matter a lot too.

 

 

DM model works ok in MP when server or mission is not overloaded so it cant transfer bullet data betwen players and server fast.

On WoL there is around half missions that will work with no problems, and half that wont work ok from start untill objects get destroyed to level server can handle after 3.007. If you go and test in MP on empty server and in controled enviroment and good pings, you should have same resoults as in SP test.

But players usealy report strange or extream cases when they happend and not normal cases. So its important to understand that when strange or extream thing happend check first if server or mission was to heavy and that could be couse of it.

 

and in that poll i voted that i like dm from before ( i only saw problem there with small calibar bullets riping wings)

but big number of users show in poll they like new DM so it is to stay and probably inproved apon when they have time to do it.

Edited by 77.CountZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×