[LAS]URU-Panzer

It was a long way

Posted (edited)

It was a long way.

But today I can see the names of friends and  ( enemies ) Online .

After 18 years,  After  IL-2 Sturmovik (Ил-2 Штурмовик)  2001.

I can see those great pilots, and their names, Today online. 

Thanks you very much Jason and many  thanks to the development team.

The Best Ones after so many years, They Are Here !

Edited by Panzer-uy
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I think that the original IL2 game was a long time before 2001.

I shall try to find a date on the original poster I have from the original game but first I must try to reach it…

The poster date from 2000 so you are correct, sorry it seemed longer.

:salute:

Edited by senseispcc
correction
  • Like 1

Some of us original Il2 pilots are also content with offline career flying.  With the recent updates, I must poke my head back online and see how things are.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 1:18 AM, senseispcc said:

I think that the original IL2 game was a long time before 2001.

I shall try to find a date on the original poster I have from the original game but first I must try to reach it…

The poster date from 2000 so you are correct, sorry it seemed longer.

:salute:

The only one I knew before that was Janes WWII Fighters. 

The Wiki is outdated to 2008. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IL-2_Sturmovik_(video_game)

• Like 1

Microsoft combat flight simulator was before IL 2 if my memory do not fail me. And yeah I never forget my first flight in tha IL 2. What a blast I spent all my free time available and got a colleague to dL patches for me and burn it to a cd disc. Then the Stuka came and I flew and flew 

• Like 2

The game was developed by 1C:Maddox Games and published by 1C in Russia and Ubi Soft in the rest of the world, for Windows on November 18, 2001.

I got it about a month after it was first released, saw an article in a gamer magazine..... been playing it ever since.

Hoss

aka, BeoWolf

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

If you didn't fly European Air War you missed out.

And Aces Over Europe Dynamic !

• Like 1

Was Janes the one where you could intercept V1 and V2 rockets. I played that game to death. 

Gotta say though you can’t get any better than IL2 👍

• Like 1

Oleg’s sim was a huge downgrade in the immersion department from EAW. I flew it for the flight modeling, damage model upgrades - but always missed that interface and those great briefings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Started with Chuck Yeager's Air Combat and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, then EAW, RB, RB3D, etc.

• Like 1

I am feeling old now. Thanks! I started simming with Falcon. The wireframe variant where you could dogfight with Mig 21’s (up to three!). Attack a SAM or a bridge. The hole thing fitted on a 3,5” disk (a whopping 1,44 mb). On a green monochrome 14” screen.

• Like 1

EAW and Overlord were my basic early games, some Chuck Yeagers and CFS 2 and 3 until IL2 showed up. A short spell with Flanker 2 and some of the M$ sims from time to time but most IL2. There was a campaign "Ostfront" where you flew from june22 1941 till the end of war, dont remember how many missions but it took a long time to complete. And now BoX is the game on my rig, now flying the P-40 in BoM I´ve reached feb 4 1942 with some 70-odd kills.

• Like 1

I liked the mscfs 2 , I felt I let down my mates or soldiers on ground if I failed. The feeling being able to relive historical events was unbelievable. I wonder when I lost that

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 8:19 PM, Gambit21 said:

Oleg’s sim was a huge downgrade in the immersion department from EAW. I flew it for the flight modeling, damage model upgrades - but always missed that interface and those great briefings.

And to think that EAW was a development fromn the great 1942TPAW... which btw was also great in the immersion department. I remember when the original il2 came out, it was superior in every respect to previous sims except in the single player immersion aspects. Even today no sim has really topped what microprose has done so many years ago in the said area - that shows how good those games were.

Edit: another game that nailed it in the SP immersion area was SWOTL, though in everything else to me it was not so great.

Edited by danielprates
  • Like 2

i think the crux for this event unfolding was microsoft cfs, i like microsoft and google they seem cool guys maybe thats why they have so much money

• Like 1

and take that planes in VR......

This IL2 passion is FOREVER, in what that word exactly means....

• Like 2

On 1/13/2019 at 11:21 AM, [Pb]RedeyeStorm said:

I am feeling old now. Thanks! I started simming with Falcon. The wireframe variant where you could dogfight with Mig 21’s (up to three!). Attack a SAM or a bridge. The hole thing fitted on a 3,5” disk (a whopping 1,44 mb). On a green monochrome 14” screen.

Did it come with a 200+ page metal covered bound manual? 🤣

Ah the glory days when simming was real hard core immersion.  Not the candy fluff we have now days (Joke for those not able to pick it up).

One sure had it all back then.  Shows my mileage when I recognise the titles people are talking about but hey, here we are and I am having a blast in the BoX universe. 👍

Bout to soon see it in VR, 30 or so hours and some hair pulling to get it setup and I'm golden.

On 1/14/2019 at 7:22 AM, danielprates said:

And to think that EAW was a development fromn the great 1942TPAW... which btw was also great in the immersion department. I remember when the original il2 came out, it was superior in every respect to previous sims except in the single player immersion aspects. Even today no sim has really topped what microprose has done so many years ago in the said area - that shows how good those games were.

Edit: another game that nailed it in the SP immersion area was SWOTL, though in everything else to me it was not so great.

It was exactly the same for me. In started with Aces of the Pacific, then Aces over Europe, 1942PAW and 1943 EAW. The immersion in PAW and EAW was amazing and when il2 came out, despite the graphics and realism I just couldn't get into it because of the lack of immersive campaign. I still have some hopes that il2 will improve the campaign with some 3d images of briefing rooms, maps, even medals in a box or hanging on actual uniforms ala Microprose games. Not sure if younger players would appreciate it... maybe I am just old and sentimental, but those small touches were really immersive for me.

Edited by sevsterino

Who would of ever figured back in 01 that Il2 would still be around and a bunch of old geezer's would still be flying it, In my closet there is a huge box over 100, combat flight sims,  aces of the Pacific/Microsoft Combat sim 1, 2, 3, EAW Janes USAF, Falcon 4.0, JSF, I could go on and on.   I miss Flying on War Clouds, I miss all those names that were my friends. Il2's very easy Peer to Peer online experience changed the way I looked at flight sims. Probably around 2002 (when ever the P-47 was released) I joined my First SQ, the 367th, Hoss, Soulman, Warrior, & Me what a great time what a wonderful way to play a game. It was a P-47 squadron and I took my name from the 8 50. Cal. guns on the Jug. FC been FC ever since. Oleg & 1C not only created the Best Flight sim ever They saved the genre from disappearing all together.  I am glad to see 777 carry the Torch forward I flew Rise of Flight for a while with the Blackhaze SQ I loved the WW 1 action great SQ, but I always come back to IL2 and My P-47..  I wish you all the Best as my 1st SQ Commander you to say Blue Skies ~S. FC 

• Upvote 1