Alex6141

Recently purchased the game through Steam winter sale, linked accounts and my licenses are not activated

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased BoS, BoM and BoK through steam for the Steam winter sale.  I did not link the accounts right away because I just wanted to jump into playing the game.  A few days later, I wanted to link my accounts so that I could purchase content from the website and have it through Steam.  When I linked the accounts, everything was going well.  I walked through the steps and attempted to link it with my account, but now when I press the big green login button on Steam, I get the "#5 Licenses not activated" error.  I am frustrated, because everything worked fine before I tried to link the accounts, and I can access all of my content through Steam if I login offline, but I cannot play career mode offline.  I have already contacted support, but it has been several days and I have heard nothing.

I would like not to have to repurchase and play through the IL2 launcher, but I am prepared to if that's what it takes.  Does anyone know how long the sale is running on the IL2 store?

Posted (edited)

Have you activated the keys on your profile page on the main website.

https://il2sturmovik.com/

From there, assuming you are logged on,  go to Profile on the top right of page, click on the license keys in the red box. See if you need to reactivate any DLC in your license key page. The green buttons. 

If this is already done, then IDK, but I am sure help is on the way, lol.  There is no need to purchase twice. 

Edited by CastorTroy

Thanks for your reply CastorTroy,

The issue is that none of my licenses have shown up on my profile despite the fact that Steam should take care of the integration automatically.  On my profile page, it simply says that I have no licenses, despite having purchased everything through steam and linking my accounts.  I wish Steam would just provide the CD keys so I could enter everything manually.

I am hoping to receive some kind of answer soon.

Posted (edited)

So, when you click the "license key" button in the red box,  on your account page, there should be any and all of your purchases from either Steam, or the official store listed there, with a green activate key to the right. 

Are you saying there is nothing there? I do agree, this two step process is quite frustrating. In the meantime, try some of the free scripted campaigns to tide you over till you can get the career going. There are some very good, well thought out SP campaigns up for d/l......

The devs are mainly Russian, and I think they are on holiday for a few more days....hang in there!

Edit, I got BOS and BOM on steam, BOK, on IL2 Store.  I have purchased planes from both Steam and the IL2 store, and it all works. So, it'll get sorted....I know it is frustrating tho.

Edited by CastorTroy

Yeah, I don't have anything listed under my licenses.  At first I was wondering if I had, perhaps, messed up the activation, but I logged into my steam account when prompted and logged into my IL2 account when prompted, and I only have the one steam account.  Everything works just fine in offline mode, and everything worked perfectly (including career) before I attempted to link the accounts.

I hope you are right and I hope everything gets sorted.  In the meantime I will do as you suggest and play some scripted campaigns, and probably fire up career mode in Rise of Flight!

Thanks for the replies

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you don't get it sorted, or hear from the Devs in few days, I would post in the main section of the forums so it will get more traffic. Something just isn't connecting the two. It will get sorted I am sure.  If you do post on main, make sure you said you asked for help here and submitted a ticket for help. May light the fire quicker. LoL

Dear user,

After update 3.004, purchases made on Steam do not require any activation on our site. Therefore, these purchases are not displayed in your profile on our website.
To have an access to the content you bought on Steam you have to launch the game from Steam ("Play" button on the game page in the Steam "Library).  

This was from a topic a few days ago....You can try it, but I doubt it works.
Edited by CastorTroy
  • Like 1

Please try to be patient. Everyone in Russia is on vacation until 10 January.

They will get it sorted out and there is no reason to re-purchase anything.