Juri_JS

Night fighters over the Kuban

On 1/16/2019 at 8:52 AM, Juri_JS said:

I never use taxi to take off in my campaigns because many player's don't like it, either because they find taxiing to difficult or they prefer to take off as soon as possible.

I don't know...I hear many players say they like to taxi as well.

Thus I mixed it up a bit in the A-20 campaign.

I figure they can start on the runway all day long in the QMB if that's their thing.

Really it would be easier on me if there was never any taxiing, because as you know it increases test time.

Congrats on this campaign.

Nice to see the library getting bigger.

Cheers.

Taxying for me. I like to taxy back to dispersal after landing as well.

The thing that I hate  :negative:  is spawning on the runway with engines running and my flight belts off down the runway before I have time to set up my plane properly - mixture, rpm, oil and water rads or cowl flaps, wing flaps, lights if dark etc. A 30-second delay would be totally acceptable.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Let's not turn this thread into a taxiing pro/con discussion.

• Thanks 1

Indeed.

I'll be giving this a go as soon as I can carve out a minute of flying time.

On mission 5, the bombers never showed up. Is it intended to be that way sometimes?

1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

On mission 5, the bombers never showed up. Is it intended to be that way sometimes?

No, the bombers should spawn when the player reaches the second waypoint. Maybe you've missed the waypoint?

I will use a simple timer to trigger the bombers when I update the campaign.

EDIT:

After taking a look at the mission I realized, that I've given every bomber a 50% chance to spawn, so in rare cases it can happen that no bomber will spawn. I think I will change this in the next update.

Edited by Juri_JS

On 1/27/2019 at 1:30 AM, Juri_JS said:

After taking a look at the mission I realized, that I've given every bomber a 50% chance to spawn, so in rare cases it can happen that no bomber will spawn. I think I will change this in the next update.

Ok, cool, thank you for the reply. :salute:

I've uploaded a new version. The campaign is now fully compatible with game version 3.010.

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/download.php?view.1018

Changes in the new version:

- The display of red/blue front markings on the map was fixed.

- Reworked English briefings by photog95661.

- Mission 5 has been completely reworked.

- It's now possible to order AAA to cease fire for 5 minutes by firing a flare in a missions combat zone.

• Thanks 2

I just downloaded your new version and played its first mission.  I am hooked once again!  I suspect there was an improvement to gunner AI in the game's most recent upgrade, as well.  I had an engine shot out during my second PE-2 encounter of the night.  Landing with one engine was an experience I do not look forward to repeating.  Thank you for improving this already superb campaign.

Its a really nice camping so far. But   I’m stuck at mission five. It doesn’t seam to register the second waypoint? I flew thru it and it doesn’t change? Any solution?

5 hours ago, WhiteMoose said:

Its a really nice camping so far. But   I’m stuck at mission five. It doesn’t seam to register the second waypoint? I flew thru it and it doesn’t change? Any solution?

Thank you for reporting the issue. The waypoint area was set too small. I will fix the mission in the coming days.

Until then, use the autopilot after passing waypoint 1, this should work.

Hello again.

Still enjoying this campaign. After blasting some Night Witches out of the sky its was time to do a offensive maneuver and attack landing bombers and there airfield.

I took down there flying a20s and two parked aircraft. Doing the second pass on the airfield I got shoot upp really bad and had a struggle getting home with one engine and the other one starting to overheat. I was at final approach when I noticed I had only one wheel down. I managed bring the bird down just beside the runway with the plane still intact... almost. But I got a mission field any ways. Thats was a big disappointment after all me and my gunner was thru on that mission. 

Is there a way you could change it? I like the idea of coming home after a hard battle, barley making it in ditch by the air field.

Mission success requirements can be changed, but it would be a lot of work and will cause a number of other problems, that will require further adjustments to the missions.

I have some ideas for more complex mission success requirements, but I will only implement them if I start a new campaign project. Reworking my old campaigns would be too much work.

Posted (edited)

Today flew the first mission. I like night flying. As a newby it is very difficult. I still have enough troubles landing during daylight. I did not see any bandit, I had no clue half the time where I was and needed to fly on my instruments and constant switch to the map. I had to pauze and find out how to shoot flares but nobody marked a runway so I think I was totally lost and at the end I flew straight in to the ground because I was totally disoriented..turned out I also had reality-setting set on expert.

To be short, I loved it 😍

Night vision or radar would be nice.

Edit, just finnished mission 1. I changed  gamma like advised in this topic. That helped a lot. I saw several bandits, one had to go home without one engine and some assorted other parts. I got wounded too. I used the directional homing meter to fly back to the base. And the best thing. They lit up the strip and I landed without any damage. That is the second time this week. The other was strange enough also a nightflight (in a stuka)

A big thank you for the maker of this wonderful campaign

Edited by pa4tim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1