Sign in to follow this  
vino

Rear view mirror broken?

I don´t know there this belongs but here it goes...

Is my rear view mirror broken? Should I see my planes tail? See the picture.

1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, ShamrockOneFive said:

Doing mirrors is very difficult for any 3D engine. They had to simplify by not rendering the aircraft model.

Okay. Good to know that this is how it is meant to be.

You have to turn your mirror setting up to get the plane.

54 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Doing mirrors is very difficult for any 3D engine. They had to simplify by not rendering the aircraft model.

Er.....I see my aircraft in the rear mirror......

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@vino

In your graphic settings there are 4 options for the mirror - off, simple, medium and complex.

If you select simple, you won't see anything of your plane's tail, just simple rear view. If you select medium, you will

see a detailed rear view and your plane's tail. With the complex setting you will have the same as on medium, but

with more details from the landscape in the rear view, which is certainly nice, but will eat quite some FPS and

you don't gain any advantage upon your situational awareness - so just eye-candy in my opinion.

As you can check my system below, I've not a great rig but still turned on the mirror on medium - works great!

P.S.: Beside of this maybe you need to move your head a little bit...

Edited by -IRRE-Therion
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

In my game I see the tail of the plane(s)  and I do not understand why others cannot see it? Maybe some graphic seeting that are not at the maximum?! :salute:

2019_1_3__17_12_12.jpg

Edited by senseispcc
Add picture
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

As I already explained - it works under condition you choose at least "medium" settings for the mirror. Here are my graphic settings:

Inked2018_12_22__19_7_24_LI.thumb.jpg.bff0543522b13f4c75fd256a5c8340a9.jpg

Just ignore the red markings (other topic)

Edited by -IRRE-Therion

umm, ist the Spitfire MKIX's mirror supposed to "look" that much down? (similar to the one of the P47 screenshot by @senseispcc I can see my tail, and its frankly blocking all view, the MKV mirror is only blocked by the rudder, which also means, I have an easier time detecting trailing aircraft... anyone noticed this? or its a bug on my end? 

What you see on the mirror depends on your head position, try moving your head front and back, or up and down, not "looking" but moving, like closer to the aiming sight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, =FEW=fernando11 said:

What you see on the mirror depends on your head position, try moving your head front and back, or up and down, not "looking" but moving, like closer to the aiming sight.

oh, yeah started pushing closer to the sight, saved that as a new center and now its fine ... silly me! Thanks! 😄

• Haha 1

The mirror looking a bit down can come in handy from time to time too. I've seen a few guys sneaking up on my low six that way.