Sign in to follow this  
EJGrOst-Trantor

Convert Single Player Mission/Campaign Mission into a Cooperative Mission

Hi ,

can somebode help me what i have to do to change/do

to convert a Single Player Mission (or a Mission from a Campaign) into a Multiplayer Coop Mission?

Specially , i mean the first Mission (as Example) from the Jade_Monkey Campaign The Butcher.

I asked him myself , but he is on Vacation and can´t help me at this moment.

Thx for your help!

~S~

Trantor

I’d chime in but as someone who’s concentrated only on SP content - I’m about to investigate this myself.

If nobody has helped you by the time I obtain the info from JimTM’s manual then I’ll post back.

You can also take a look yourself in the meantime.

Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2019 at 1:33 AM, EJGrOst-Trantor said:

Hi ,

can somebode help me what i have to do to change/do

to convert a Single Player Mission (or a Mission from a Campaign) into a Multiplayer Coop Mission?

Specially , i mean the first Mission (as Example) from the Jade_Monkey Campaign The Butcher.

I asked him myself , but he is on Vacation and can´t help me at this moment.

Thx for your help!

~S~

Trantor

Do the following:

• Change the player plane/tank to an AI plane/tank and select the Cooperative Start option in the advanced properties.
  • Add any other planes/tanks that you want to provide for players and set them up the same way as in the first bullet.
  • If necessary, provide whatever logic is necessary to control any co-op player planes/tanks that go unclaimed when the mission starts.
    Unclaimed objects are controlled by AI.
  • Set Mission Type to Cooperative.
  • Save the mission to your game folder under \data\Multiplayer\Cooperative or a subfolder of that folder.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/5/2019 at 12:12 PM, JimTM said:

• If necessary, provide whatever logic is necessary to control any co-op player planes/tanks that go unclaimed when the mission starts.
    Unclaimed objects are controlled by AI.

What I do here is make a formation out of the ai  (the coop planes in your mission) then you can spawn into the formation leader in your coop campaign and then you will be able to issue commands to  any planes not selected by a human player in the coop mission (like return to base if u decide you want the  excess planes to not be part of you coop play).

I am trying to set up SP Missions for COOP, I set the type to Coop, set the planes to AI and ticked the coop box, but they wont show up in the missions list, also it seems I cant open them in the editor without deleting the MSNBIN file.... not sure wassup with that :( Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

On 1/11/2019 at 1:39 PM, E4GLEyE said:

I am trying to set up SP Missions for COOP, I set the type to Coop, set the planes to AI and ticked the coop box, but they wont show up in the missions list, also it seems I cant open them in the editor without deleting the MSNBIN file.... not sure wassup with that :( Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

Make sure you've followed the advice of others in this thread. You need to:

• change the mission type from whatever to cooperative,
  • setup the planes that players will control by:
    • setting cooperative start,
    • whether the planes are in the air/parked/engine started,
    • and that the ai is not set to player. You must do this for all planes that players will fly.
  • Additionally, no where in the mission should there be AI set to 'player'. If so, your coop mission will not work. 
  • Don't forget to save your new mission to your game folder under .../data/Multiplayer/Cooperative or a subfolder of that folder.

See image below:

image.png.16e707844f6833c3cd797ea5e8dbf6d2.png

After you set up all the planes that players will fly. Then you, I believe, need to link them together into different formations. See image:

image.png.b094a2568e11b4a7bbe0e4312d3018ab.png

Then, group up those formations and name the group correctly. Whatever you have named the group and planes in the editor; will be the name convention in the cooperative selection menu for your players. The names of your planes or groups do not have to be the same. See image below:

image.png.b0b16e9713b9a5712ecb8760619067b7.png

OPTIONAL: Give these planes logic as if they were flying with your players. If not, the planes will do nothing but follow the lead player.

This should do the trick.

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Thanks 1