And Vintage Missions too..

You may say, I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday, you'll join us
And Flight Simmers can live as one

♫♫

Amen!

2 hours ago, GCF said:

Really why have conflict and striff between FC and ROF, if they are as close as people say they are would it not be better if we all got along, its a game after all.

S!

thanks

paul

I think the "conflict" is just around the fact that everyone wants to do everything in the same time slot.

The Sunday VM is an old pub that opens once a week so the old patrons can get together and catch up (or in case of RoF, last refuge for old squadrons to reaffirm they are still flying together). It works largely by the force of habit and fact that nobody still flying wants it to end. So will be heavy furniture to move around :). 

3 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

♫♫

Imagine all the people
It isn't hard to do...
Flying together in Berloga
And Vintage Missions too..

You may say, I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday, you'll join us
And Flight Simmers can live as one

♫♫                                           

Oh dear - I see John rotating in his grave!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

The Sunday VM is an old pub that opens once a week so the old patrons can get together and catch up (or in case of RoF, last refuge for old squadrons to reaffirm they are still flying together). It works largely by the force of habit and fact that nobody still flying wants it to end. So will be heavy furniture to move around :). 

So in fact it is two largely seperate player bases we're talking about.  One is just starting out on a mostly new WW1 experience and is enjoying it a great deal whilst the other is the remnants of the sleepy old RoF community going through the motions. 

Let them stay in their favourite bar.  FC certainly won't miss them and at least the new guys can fly around without being gang-banged by six wannabee Richthofens on teamspeak. 

GCF is free to run an event however he sees fit.  The fact is FC can only grow larger.  The RoF guys will no doubt have to make their own decisions in the near future if they are to avoid being trampled by the uncouth masses when the FC map is released. 

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

No, there is one playerbase; a sizable part of which already has years of shared WW1 history and traditions (some squadrons fly continously since beginning of RB3D MP). And you will see them in FC on most evenings, because RoF is active pretty much only during VM (3-4 hours per week?). Every other time  FC will be the to go place for everyone. Running two events in parallel won't split the playerbase, it will just halve the turnout of the newer one.

GFC is free to call his event however he sees fit, but he should be advised that a big group of dedicated WW1 pilots is busy at exactly this time slot. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

No, there is one playerbase; a sizable part of which already has years of shared WW1 history and traditions (some squadrons fly continously since beginning of RB3D MP). And you will see them in FC on most evenings, because RoF is active pretty much only during VM (3-4 hours per week?). Every other time  FC will be the to go place for everyone. Running two events in parallel won't split the playerbase, it will just halve the turnout of the newer one.

GFC is free to call his event however he sees fit, but he should be advised that a big group of dedicated WW1 pilots is busy at exactly this time slot. 

I disagree. No offense to anyone but ROF has reached its limit and is on a descending curve since then, and Flying Circus is only going to grow, obviously. I came back to ROF in 2017 and the events were never thriving except in a few occasions. Now with the holydays and this controversy there might be more people (I haven't checked), but in general we can say it is the end of a cycle and I many times went there to seed and support the missions, even when I was slammed in work because I did not wanted to see it go. So we cannot say that these weekly events are thriving. It is basically the same people who go there, just like I was doing. And when the missions are not popular, you see 12-16 players flying, which is basically the max of what we see in the airquake servers.

So Arthur is right. 

The other aspect is that some players don't have Flying Circus yet, perhaps a big portion of the players still playing ROF? Then there is no sense in compromising a mission here, in Flying Circus, its rightful place, counting on eggs that did not even hatched.

The other aspect is that I personally have no fear that Flying Circus is going to get halved in nothing. The first event of this thread was a success in my opinion, and 16-18 players in an airquake mission with a new engine and beautiful maps is just a dream at this stage. Organized by a new player and we only have 4 planes. Hotlead gathered 25+ players the other day. And we don't even have servers listed at barans.ru. I have to be starting the game to check who is there. So I think Flying Circus is doing more than fine, and the numbers will only grow with the next two planes (the D7 is very popular) and new players coming in.

To shove the events here to the side to give way to the 'remnants of the sleepy old RoF community going through the motions' is a big mistake in my view. And I still play both games and I still enjoy training with the Nieuports and D8. People can accommodate and compromise, but to just think that Flying Circus could be held back at this point is naive. Unless people begin a campaign against Flying Circus, but then we can't help it, can we? Better to dig a grave to ourselves because then we are always going to be treated as second class simmers.

No to mention that the OP never heard of these events and did not play ROF. 

If I was back in ROF and with no Flying Circus module in my computer, I would only be happy to see that the genre is not dying, that people are gearing up at the new iteration, to hear that the engine is better and that by the time I would get there eventually, I would see servers and missions with 60+ players.

Edited by SeaW0lf

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

So in fact it is two largely seperate player bases we're talking about.  One is just starting out on a mostly new WW1 experience and is enjoying it a great deal whilst the other is the remnants of the sleepy old RoF community going through the motions. 

Let them stay in their favourite bar.  FC certainly won't miss them and at least the new guys can fly around without being gang-banged by six wannabee Richthofens on teamspeak. 

GCF is free to run an event however he sees fit.  The fact is FC can only grow larger.  The RoF guys will no doubt have to make their own decisions in the near future if they are to avoid being trampled by the uncouth masses when the FC map is released. 

Your mistaken if you think FC will not miss the ROF player base. IMO it is one player base that is going through a transformation. Once FC is a viable product the ROF base will be the FC base. 

FC is fun, but lets face it currently the "new" WWI experience has four planes and furballin.... thats it.  ROF still has a great deal to offer, especially if you are looking for more than furballs.  You need to also realize that JG1, (who hosts the server for said event) is one of the foremost squads in the "remnants of the sleepy old RoF community". When FIF starts up again at the end of the month, I'm guessing that many of them will be in ROF as well.

This FC fly-in is a great idea. I was in there a few weeks back and had a great time flying with 25+. I also had a great time this past Sunday flying with 40 in VM. I think I'd have a great time if I could fly either of them with 60+.

I think what most people are saying is that we should try to make the two exist side by side and not make us choose one over the other. FWIW, I don't believe that was GCF's intentions in the first place.

*Edit*  BTW... The J5 server is now running FC 24/7... and it's listed in IL-2 online.  Any and all are welcome.

Edited by J5_Gamecock
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, J5_Gamecock said:

*Edit*  BTW... The J5 server is now running FC 24/7... and it's listed in IL-2 online.  Any and all are welcome.

That's great news. I hope all servers follow through.

Hi all,

There should be no striff between FC and ROF. I know Cuban is runnning Vander VM for a long time now. Who know maybe SYN get back to make VM with FC...who knows...

Other than that, be civil to each other and if events overlaps, well thats bad luck and can be solved in a civil way.

Haash

• Like 6

hello all

i have spoken with the organiser of the VM server, and he says there is no conflict between the two events, as at the moment draw different crowds.

so all is good , i am planning to hold same event same time this sunday, just waiting to here back for the owners of the server i plan to use, before i post event officialy.

will update as soon as possable.

sorry for all the trouble and hard feelings people have had in the thread, it was never my intention.

if we can , lets get back to the main reason we are here, to have fun , playing a game we love , weather it be IL2 WW2 , or ROF or FC.

they are all excellent games and great , endless fun. what ever you fly in.

S!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, GCF said:

hello all

i have spoken with the organiser of the VM server, and he says there is no conflict between the two events, as at the moment draw different crowds.

so all is good ,

So there we have it. S! 

1 hour ago, GCF said:

Does anyone else see the flaw in that reasoning, or do I (once again) expect too much?

8 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

Does anyone else see the flaw in that reasoning, or do I (once again) expect too much?

sorry i do not get your point ?

if you explain, maybe i can answer it for you, before everything kickoff again, i would really like to move forward, as i am about to post next even. the comunication was in private chat , so left out alot of details. but more than willing to answer any conserns you have

New Update:

Week 2 of the Weekly Flying Circus Mass Dogfight

When : Sunday the 13th 2019

Time : 13:00 to 19:00 Central Time US / Canadian

Where : JG1 Flying Circus Dogfight Server

Type : 6 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Fur ball.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

Again a very big thanks to All the members of JG1 for allowing us hold it on their server, this Sunday and thanks for a great server.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I think Cuban and Steve may not be 100% correct if they think different crowds are involved. I would fly both, although I will fly VM while it is happening, a personal preference in the present situation which I don't expect everyone to share, all free to do as they please. It's nice that we have some choice. I will still lament that the not-so-much choice we have happens to overlap, at least partially. Whatever.

Let me just finish by saying that I disagree with labeling some people the "ROF crowd" and others the "FC crowd". There will probably only be an FC because there was and still is a ROF, as the sheer enthusiasm and dedication of the ROF crowd was certainly part of the reason why Jason and his crew risked this venture. They know the "ROF crowd" is not coming to FC - the ROF crowd is STAYING at FC, because FC is the continuation of ROF in every way. We don't deny the past or neglect the present. And we don't abdicate from the future. We're all with the development team and we share their continuing dream, which has brought us this far. For some the journey has started later than for others. It will also end later. I wish I'd be there to see it all.

exeunt

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, GCF said:

sorry i do not get your point ?

He says that they are drawing different crowds because they are set up at the same time. The reasoning being, "They are not in conflict because people who chose one event did't show on the other, which means they draw different crowd". On the contrary, they are in the conflict because people drawn to both can't attend both.

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

He says that they are drawing different crowds because they are set up at the same time. The reasoning being, "They are not in conflict because people who chose one event did't show on the other, which means they draw different crowd". On the contrary, they are in the conflict because people drawn to both can't attend both.

Sorry, okay lets start from the top, what time does the VM, happen ? could anyone please tell me the time does it run from, to and in which time zone ? i am trying to get this sorted but have held off , changing times for this weekend, as it is to close. i am planning to hold this on a weekly basis, so for this weekend i can not change times, as running out of days to get word out, i held off for days until today when i thought i was all sorted , but okay, here we are again. if some one could give me the times of the VM event so i can even know how they really overlap because i was made to believe it was a uk based server.

Any chance you one of you could step forward to reprisent the opionions of all, who could contact me in PM. to see what could be done, for next week i have waited to advertise until today, due to all the conflict in the thread, all i want is to fly, and am starting to get fed up with people with people arguing, in a thread i started to advertise an event i had arranged for people who want to fly Flying Circus, not ROF. if you are so set against the event dont attent, or make a choise, we are all grown ups here.

why because you dont like to have to choose, you want to take away everyone elses choise.

please leave this thread along as a discussion of the FC event, not a open forum about the rights of FC to hold an event on which day, choose someone to reprosent you all and let him contact me. And maybe we can work something out, as for any obligation, i have non to request from anyone, from the ROF or even FC or anyone else, except the people who are kindly letting me hold the event there.

sorry about loosing my rag but please stop trying to dictate the terms of an event, you have said repeatedly that you will not attend, because you would rather be playing ROF, no worries , no skin off my nose, but you are welcome anytime or anytime in the future, when you do not have more important games than FC to play.

sorry for being blunt but i am getting really sick of this now, iether join or stop complaining that you want to join and expecting the everyone else playing this event, who really want to fly, to fit in with your sceduel.

AS for next week, i will nagociat with one person in pm , not 10 keyboard aces on the thread.

thanks

paul

It should have been obvious from all the posts that the Sunday VM occurs at the same time  1800 - 2400 GMT.

Edited by Klugermann

12 minutes ago, Klugermann said:

It should have been obvious from all the posts that the Sunday VM occurs at the same time  1800 - 2400 GMT.

Spelling Bee Medal with Ribbon

hi would it help you out if i was to extend the time at the end by an hour then gives you all two hours after the ROF event closes, i can not really change the start time to later as the people in europe would not be able to play, as to late the only thing i could do is move the start time forward for you.

6 hours ago, Klugermann said:

It's not that obvious :)

The official starting time (maybe since daylight savings changes?) is now 19:00 GMT. And *in practice* by 22:30 people have really started to flee. When I stay until 23:00 there's usually only 6 or 7 guys and that is if no one has won yet.

I would risk saying the clashing time that matters is really 19:00-22:30 at most.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, J2_Bidu said:

It's not that obvious :)

The official starting time (maybe since daylight savings changes?) is now 19:00 GMT. And *in practice* by 22:30 people have really started to flee. When I stay until 23:00 there's usually only 6 or 7 guys and that is if no one has won yet.

I would risk saying the clashing time that matters is really 19:00-22:30 at most.

Thanks for times, i can work with, but i honestly do not see a problem with you all attending both events, at the times we all have now, the FC dogfight runs for 6 hours, should give you all 2 and a half hours still left to join the FC mass dogfight. i was in from start to finish, it was really busy for the first 4 hours, but there was only a 5 min where no one was on, and that was the exception, min was about 3 or 4 players the whole time, if we all can work togehter FC and ROF, as in Fly ROF and later when finished join the FC dogfight. if there is a group joining at once joining FC dogfight after ROF get together, then you can play both games in one night. ill be playing the whole 6 hours like last week. as did others.

after all you own both ROF and FC as do i, bought it when it first came out, just can not play ROF, back then due to head tracking issues, and now due to lack of VR support.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GCF said:

Thanks for times, i can work with, but i honestly do not see a problem with you all attending both events, at the times we all have now, the FC dogfight runs for 6 hours

... Provided you own the Saitek ROF/FC Extravaganza Enabler Seat, of course!

NASM_Space_Gal_C_SEP09.jpg__600x0_q85_up

• Haha 2

I see the yellow flare is now redundant, Bidu.........or is it pronounced Bidet?

• Haha 1