Sign in to follow this  
FurphyForum

Crashing Tiger Moth in Trg missions

Gents,

somewhere I remember seeing a solution to the crashing tiger moth in the training missions, where the instructor take over and comes into land, can anybody point me in the right direction for the fix or thread?

Cheers

Can you point to the original mission?

Thanks

Hi Buzz, sure.

First off, I'm currently running the latest patch of Blitz via Steam. My computer rig via sig spoiler.

The problematic missions are as follows,

a.   Intro to flight, and

b.  Take off.

So any mission that the Instructor assumes control from the trainee to land the AC. The Instructor states that he is taking over, he does in fact take over the controls but his flying at times is erratic - eg wild banking,  steep diving to level off (and I'm talking that his altitude is less than 100m from the ground) when coming in to land, except we either crash into the deck, trees or the hangers on the RHS of the runway in the approach.

Hope this helps, pls if you need more info, ask. :salute:

Problem is with "Training (patience) Missions" scripts and triggers. That for this missions is buried in CloD code and not in mission folder, like campaign missions.

10 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

Hi Buzz, sure.

First off, I'm currently running the latest patch of Blitz via Steam. My computer rig via sig spoiler.

The problematic missions are as follows,

a.   Intro to flight, and

b.  Take off.

So any mission that the Instructor assumes control from the trainee to land the AC. The Instructor states that he is taking over, he does in fact take over the controls but his flying at times is erratic - eg wild banking,  steep diving to level off (and I'm talking that his altitude is less than 100m from the ground) when coming in to land, except we either crash into the deck, trees or the hangers on the RHS of the runway in the approach.

Hope this helps, pls if you need more info, ask. :salute:

Thanks for the info... we will look into this.

• Thanks 1

That behaviour has been happening since day one... The ai instructor sometimes takes over and lands perfectly. Fly the same mission three or four more times and he may pile in every time, or not, lol!

And yes, it's normally accompanied by some wild and crazy banking... it must be a major headache for anyone new to flight simming and is trying to learn the ropes.

• Thanks 1

Thx Tpr,

Good to know that it isn't just my software playing funny buggers.

This may be a function of the instructors skill levels... we are looking at it.

• Thanks 2