J5_Matthias

Jasta 5 Server Flugpark - SE5a and Alb D.Va Added

Posted (edited)

Happy New Year everyone!

We're kicking 2019 off in style with a revamp of our Flugpark.

Change list

- Both sides get new non moving vehicle dummy target ranges in the backfield.  IFFs changed to neutral.

- Aerial drone and vehicle dummy range locations moved into the backfield.   IFFs changed to neutral.

- Patrol airstarts moved and added to encourage centralized combat and allow bouncing of enemy pilots attacking rookies in the backfield.

- Defenses added to the airfields to discourage attacks on traffic in the pattern or on the field.

- Aerial patrol zones against AI fighters moved to not encroach on either PvP or rookie target ranges.

- Ship bombing targets moved to encourage centralized PvP combat

- AAA defenses added over the center to assist with spotting enemy aircraft.

- Camel, U-2, and Pfalz D IIIa now available at the airfields as appropriate.

- Central Tank Hangar moved to prevent tank being flooded on spawn in.

- New photo recon mission added in the center for PvP.  Utilizes the new U-2 biplane.  Entente only for the time being.  This mission does NOT use the ROF style Photo Recon script (not yet revamped for FC) , but requires multiple straight and level passes.  Optimal altitude to minimize passes is 2100m, but you can run it between 1400m and 2800m.

Have fun and feel free to report any bugs or issues in this thread.

Salute,

Matthias

Edited by J5_Matthias
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for this Matthias! I'm thrilled to see Jasta 5 making a presence in Flying Circus! :)

As I am away from my PC at the moment, can you tell me is this multiplayer password protected for members only?

Thanks and happy new year to all.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NO.610jailor said:

As I am away from my PC at the moment, can you tell me is this multiplayer password protected for members only?

Thanks and happy new year to all.

No, our FC server is open to the public.

Edited by J5_Matthias

Thanks for that J5-Matthias, will be looking in when I get chance.

Cheers.

Posted (edited)

+1

I do like that map, J5_Matthias!
Lots of pondering into that;
My, my … think about that one, 2 x 2 airstarts )))
Edited by West

Happy new year to all at Jasta5, Matthias!

10 hours ago, J5_Matthias said:

We're kicking 2019 off in style with a revamp of our Flugpark.

Is that a new MP server? Must check...!!! (Rushes off like a kid)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Wolfram-Harms said:

Happy new year to all at Jasta5, Matthias!

Is that a new MP server? Must check...!!! (Rushes off like a kid)

It's not totally new, but currently it's 100% dedicated to FCs on weekdays and then we bring it down for part of the weekend to run ROF.  Unintentional benefit of this schedule -  we're not competing with JG1 for traffic.

Edited by J5_Matthias
  • Upvote 1

Ah, okay, thx Matthias! I flew RoF a long time, but then the player numbers went down more and more.
Must check it out next weekend. 

I hope you'll build something like "Bloody April" for FC, when it is out.

• Upvote 1

Happy New Year and Salute Matt,

Sounds really good! I'll check in to-night and try it out.

Salute!

Josef Mai, Fhnr. Jasta 5

• Like 1

Server and maps updated with the M4A2 Sherman, Pz III M, and most importantly the Fokker D.VII F!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

S! Matthias

For some reason the altitude throttle doesn't seem to be working on the server. I confirmed that it's working in SP and I also made sure that I had, in fact, selected the F model.

5 hours ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

S! Matthias

For some reason the altitude throttle doesn't seem to be working on the server. I confirmed that it's working in SP and I also made sure that I had, in fact, selected the F model.

Got the same.

That didn't keep me from dispatching two spads!   We will get the alt thottle working soon.  Thanks for the heads up.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:21 AM, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

S! Matthias

altitude throttle fixed.  It doesn't work when the server is set to help newer pilots prevent overreving.  Sorry newer pilots.  Welcome to full engine management!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Awesome! Had a blast flying the D.VIIF with the altitude throttle on your server last night. Thanks for the prompt upkeep @J5_Matthias

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, for some reason I can't see the server Jasta 5 Flugpark at the multiplayer list, but right now there are two causal players (non Jasta members) playing there according to barans.ru. I've notice this in the last couple days - the server populated with two, three casual players but not showing in-game. I try to join in, but there is no server to join to.

Is it a bug? The server is really offline, or for some reason it isn't showing on my screen?

Edited by SeaW0lf

22 minutes ago, US103_Talbot said:

There was some sort of update a few nights ago. Maybe that's got to do with it? 

Not sure. I also checked mods on and nothing. But there were a couple players playing there today.

For the next few weeks, the J5 server will be  running a practice mission for Bloody April in ROF.  For some reason, the server is still showing up on the IL-2 online web page. Sorry for the confusion.

The server will still be available for FC on Sundays AFAIK.

GC

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J5_Gamecock said:

For some reason, the server is still showing up on the IL-2 online web page.

Looks like it didn't shut down properly last time, so the script on the barans site can still log into it. I'm sure rebooting the machine will clear it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, J5_Gamecock said:

For the next few weeks, the J5 server will be  running a practice mission for Bloody April in ROF.  For some reason, the server is still showing up on the IL-2 online web page. Sorry for the confusion.

The server will still be available for FC on Sundays AFAIK.

GC

Cool, thanks!

Just a quick note that there have been conversations prior to Bloody April campaign putting plans in the works to improve the pilot experience on the Jasta 5 server consistent with some of the recommendations being posted by pilots once we have the Arras map available.    The exception to this is that we hope to adjust the mission rollover timing shortly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone,

Ealier this week map length timers were been rolled back to previous state (pre March) which allows for longer missions  1 hour -> 2 hours

Also, the server is getting some maintenance patching this morning but will be back up shortly.

• Thanks 2

Hey everyone,

Little hiccup there with getting the missions updated to be compatible with the last patch, sorry for the delay

Kuban_Flugpark_0190605 Change Log:

-SE5a Added to the airstarts and airfield.

-Alb D.Va added to the airstarts and airfield.

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Greetings, I just acquired FC yesterday as a Father's Day gift and was pleasantly surprised to see this very active server when I briefly jumped on MP to see what kind of WW1 action was available.  Very cool server you have here, only had enough time for one flight but looking forward to flying with you all again!

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1