J5_Matthias

Jasta 5 Server Flugpark - New Year, New Work!

Just now, J99_Sizzlorr said:

I was the one following you diving towards our lines. I then broke off to help Basti out. Don't know if you landed there where i broke off or if you turned around back to your lines. But when i was disengaging you were over our trenches.

Damn, I might have gotten confused. Swear that I saw the sun on where I landed. I should have checked the sun position when I started the sortie.

Thanks!

On 11/19/2019 at 3:05 PM, JG1_Butzzell said:

S! All

The other reason to disable the kill messages is to disable the  "Pilot X has destroyed ship Penichegb"or "Pilot X has destroyed Factory". Depending on the target, these messages can give a lot of information to the enemy.

This is why kill messages were disabled - because having them on allows other messages that are annoying and giving info away about oher players on missions that should not be given.

On 11/17/2019 at 6:37 PM, J2_Trupobaw said:

The custom airstart Dolphin seems to be set to undestructible, or at very least has collisions turned off. I had crashed it behind enemy  lines only to flip up undamaged and take off. I have also a track with me taxiing thorugh hangars and other airfield object. Lucas did crash his Dolphin against a tent normaly, so it seems to be affecting airstart Dolphin only.

Very weird how this happened, but I found the issue.  Apparently the airfield settings can now contradict and override sds server settings... Implementing fix now.  Deploying shortly.

Edited by J5_Matthias

First let me start by saying you're doing a great job with the maps. Question: On the new map do all 3 recons need to be accomplished to trigger the arty spotting? S! 

On 11/17/2019 at 6:37 PM, J2_Trupobaw said:

The custom airstart Dolphin seems to be set to undestructible, or at very least has collisions turned off. I had crashed it behind enemy  lines only to flip up undamaged and take off. I have also a track with me taxiing thorugh hangars and other airfield object. Lucas did crash his Dolphin against a tent normaly, so it seems to be affecting airstart Dolphin only.

1 hour ago, J5_Matthias said:

Very weird how this happened, but I found the issue.  Apparently the airfield settings can now contradict and override sds server settings... Implementing fix now.  Deploying shortly.

Just when I was beginning to like the Dolphin

Edited by J5_Klugermann

SERVER UPDATE 2019-11-21

• Amiens St. Quentin maps have had invincible aircraft at airstarts reverted to mortal status.
  • There are now three Doullens Cambrai maps with varying mission times and weather to add some more variety
  • Doullens Cambrai maps have been reverted back to incorporating WW2 flak for a better gameplay experience
  • Doullens Cambrai maps have had performance improvements made.
  • The server mission roatation sequence is now:
    • Amiens St Quentin DAWN
    • Doullens Cambrain DUSK
    • Amiens St Quentin NOON
    • Doullens Cambrain DAWN
    • Amiens St Quentin DUSK
    • Doullens Cambrain NOON

Thanks for everyone's patience as we continue to explore the goods and the not so goods of this brave new Flying Circus.

I am working on another mission to keep increasing the variety we offer, but with the offical release kind of gumming things up and the holiday week coming up in the USA I don't anticipate deployment until sometime in the first week of December.

Question: On the new map do all 3 recons need to be accomplished to trigger the arty spotting?

My understanding is that one of those recons opens the Arty Spotting as a followup.  Sizzlorr will know which one.

Edited by J5_Matthias
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]REDMAN said:

First let me start by saying you're doing a great job with the maps. Question: On the new map do all 3 recons need to be accomplished to trigger the arty spotting? S! 

On Central side it is recon B and on entente side it is recon C

• Thanks 1

No, during the September, the Jasta 5 hosted an event called "Black September" dedicated to aerial operations in 1918. We played the missions on the WW2 maps as it was before the Arras map was released.

The topic was created where several squadrons sent the links to their sqn skins. As we were participating in the tournament and downloaded the content, we can see some squadron skins online, like Jasta 99, Jasta 2, JG1, Wing Walkers.

Hi guys, I would like to make a suggestion.

Generic flak at the mud seems to be reproducing the ambient flak of ROF (it fooled some veteran players, me included, when the map came out who though it was ambient flak). When I approach the mud, I generally see bursts everywhere. It also appears not so precise outside targets, then we get tagged miles away (up and down and laterally) and we have to guess if it is us, another friendly or an incoming foe. Since visibility is what it is right now, the result is that you have to either gamble or get far away from the mud and wait for cues deep inland. I have been tagged on my lines consistently. Sometimes friendly flak is scary, making me give up on patrolling our own balloon twice the other day. The battery north of Cappy / Somme at the front is also scary, since we are still climbing when it opens fire [every time] on me.

I also have a doubt. Not all airfields have AAA defenses? Today I took off and went looking for some foes at Gonnelieu. Saw a Bristol down low going for the airfield. I waited for help (there was no one at the field), but then I got bounced by a Camel without seeing a single flak. Got blasted out of the sky while chasing him and have no idea who it was (perhaps a damaged engine can blow up?) It was a party of five I think. I took off again from the same airfield right after [they had gone south] and I saw no flak and no sirens (the latter I’m not sure).

Perhaps flak could work a bit more with us? I’m not sure. Anyway, thanks for the fun! I do not know what would be of FC without the J5!

Edited by SeaW0lf
  • Like 1

I flew a couple of recon missions today and enjoyed those.  When you are doing the camera run, I notice all team members see the subtitled message saying that photos are being taken.  Is this message seen by the enemy too, or is it only your allies?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

I flew a couple of recon missions today and enjoyed those.  When you are doing the camera run, I notice all team members see the subtitled message saying that photos are being taken.  Is this message seen by the enemy too, or is it only your allies?

only allies

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

Perhaps flak could work a bit more with us? I’m not sure.

Recall that flak has been configured to help players find one another, especially when fewer players on server.   However now with airquake starts on several of the maps to assist with that during off times, and fact that during busy times activity is on the rise,  it probably is time to reconsider.   I was just today saying to one of our pilots in game how we should probably make this change....we all share a distaste for ambiant flak...however no changes are likely until after next weekend.

PS. Also once we can effectively utilize the WWI AA and ground fire assets, expect to see fields and other targets more effectively covered than they are currently.

• Thanks 2

The indiscriminate flak is a bit annoying.  The er- discriminate- flak on the Douai (?) map is pretty good though, and much more useful.

I don't find the airstarts to help with people finding each other; but it does help cut down the lag time between players getting somewhere where they *might* find each other.

Edited by J28w-Broccoli

Yesterday on dogfight mission (astq_dawn_arras1918_191117) me and 3 other 1PL guys went to attack the barges, convoys and factories. When I zoomed on the barges the smoke appred from it, when I zoomed out it fade out, did that couple of times with same effect. Barge was not damaged, others do not saw it smoking from distant. Do you guys know  of this bug, and maybe have a clue why it can occur?

zoom in smoke 

image.png.60c0f8545c852642694c85e956fc29c4.png

zoom out and smoke fade out

image.png.6b5b74d48946554479bf8cd90d0613fd.png

BTW AA is enabled on barges?

I just think the barges are not final yet. AA does not react to enemy ac yet and it refuses to reliably navigate rivers and canals.

5 minutes ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

I just think the barges are not final yet. AA does not react to enemy ac yet and it refuses to reliably navigate rivers and canals.

In single player they do react (AA shooting) to the enemy  AC.

I think this is the distant buildings setting. Same thing happens with damaged buildings at distance.

That specific barge was also on fire before I bombed it on Friday night and I didn’t see that until close up. Still got the kill credit when it went boom though.

Edited by meheleventyone

@meheleventyone  is it possible someone else could have damaged that barge before you arrived to finish it off and get credit? 

The rest of this seems to be related to problems with visual rendering not confined to FC but appearing across many if not all 1C modules. They will need to address these issues and I'm confident they are working on resolving them in an upcoming patch across all affected platforms...

Edited by J5_Baeumer

I asked Vall about adding to the stat server following:

"Points/scores  in the server stats for usage of camera in FC planes for photo recon / trench mapping and radio for task such artillery fire direction missions.

plus

Great war era decorations and medals in server stats."

He replays

1) It is impossible to implement for our statistics - it can be done if the statistics is specially made for a particular server.

2) We don't paint a awards or anything. Server administrators can do this on their own.

This could be nice to have but I can't ask for such big task anyone , just want inform you guys that this can be done only by modification, i think because game itself do not support that kind of stuff. Some servers like WOL do implement medals and decorations and they are nice , ppl like to earn achievements. In ww1 they could win a medal for doing things like recon or gunning in two-seater etc .

Example.

IMG_20191128_103347.png

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, J2_Jakob said:

@1PL-Husar-1Esk Achtung, you may want to make a spoiler out of that image... Police will be here shortly... 😁

This is great war niche in the niche ,  no importance - no information, but if you ask I do something with that :)

1 hour ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

This is great war niche in the niche ,  no importance - no information, but if you ask I do something with that :)

I know, I know... I don't feel offended or anything, just that there are certain forum rules and certain people enforcing them...

I like how you played that, sir! 😆

:salute:

• Thanks 1

I would welcome some medals to earn, right now there are awards you can earn, like Fighter Hero or Mission Hero. I would like to have something more authentic to ww1. We are also more than willing to help out as always. We could for example provide the graphics for some central awards... 

J99_von Fuchs made some great ones that we pass around in our Jasta internally.

Have a look for yourself:

http://jasta99.de/include/auszeichnungen/html/aktenindex.html

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr

6 minutes ago, J99_Sizzlorr said:

I would welcome some medals to earn, right now there are awards you can earn, like Fighter Hero or Mission Hero. I would like to have something more authentic to ww1. We are also more than willing to help out as always. We could for example provide the graphics for some central awards... 

J99_von Fuchs made some great ones that we pass around in our Jasta internally.

Have a look for yourself:

http://jasta99.de/include/auszeichnungen/html/aktenindex.html

Good , I think that more can be extracted from ROF with permission to use.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk

Thanks for bringing up.   We have already messed around with this on our parser behind the scenes a bit and I plan on devoting some time in December to do this ....we already have a well researched historically based system for Central but will be reaching out for help to have a historical system for Entente.  If any of you have some Entente resources you can PM me, please do so.  Still not sure how we are able to track two seater completions for awards without ability to track and score inission editor to show on parser.  Any additional info appreciated.

We can help out with US stuff for sure. There really wasn't much. I've got a book on all the medals of the war for each nation as well.

Screenshot_20191128-151750_Samsung Internet.jpg

49 minutes ago, J5_Baeumer said:

Thanks for bringing up.   We have already messed around with this on our parser behind the scenes a bit and I plan on devoting some time in December to do this ....we already have a well researched historically based system for Central but will be reaching out for help to have a historical system for Entente.  If any of you have some Entente resources you can PM me, please do so.  Still not sure how we are able to track two seater completions for awards without ability to track and score inission editor to show on parser.  Any additional info appreciated.

Gear to hear that ! . I think we could  ask @=FB=Vaal maybe hi can help.

November Stats (flight time up 23% from previous month)

image.thumb.png.b1a217a0c1a5ecfa641a12b7d14bdb17.png

October Stats

image.thumb.png.58592f6d45063b5f0ffe552b4462f17a.png

• Upvote 1

When doing the recon does recon A Plane only for doing recon A, I did recon a while back and the recon B plane didn't work for recon A, not sure if it was just me or that's how it set up.

Also I tried doing recon last night, got to 16,000 ft and got took out by ground fire, Are you still using ww II ground fire? 

Can't login either. Deleted the files on the dogfight folder and no luck. Some bug with the mission / dserver? The server is currently empty, no players.

Tried a couple of times but goes from splashscreen to server list, no dloading files

S!

46 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

Can't login either. Deleted the files on the dogfight folder and no luck. Some bug with the mission / dserver? The server is currently empty, no players.

You and Sizzlor must have shot all the planes down.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SeaW0lf said:

Same here. Tried login at 3:45 Pacific. I also deleted dogfight folder. Can't login