Jump to content

Jasta 5 Flying Circus Flugpark Server


Recommended Posts

On 11/29/2020 at 1:04 AM, US103_Baer said:

Multi layer clouds add to immersion.  Can imagine the recons starting to use them more for cover

 

Halbs can't get up that high.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:40 AM, J99_Sizzlorr said:

We have two map versions, both with different cloud settings. One version with cloud set number 9 like you wanted...

 

Still waiting for No.87 Stuka version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, J2_Bidu said:

It is a pleasure to fly at Flugpark.

 

A quick note: I think I noticed the fire and the smoke in the central city kind of floating at around 20m from the ground. Might be worth a check.

Firstly - I agree, always a pleasure.

 

Secondly, could we do without that fire and smoke at the cities?  It adds a bit of flavour, I know, but does it impact on server performance?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =CfC=FatherTed said:

Firstly - I agree, always a pleasure.

 

Secondly, could we do without that fire and smoke at the cities?  It adds a bit of flavour, I know, but does it impact on server performance?

Smoke is not AI and do not hog the server performance - it's client job to draw particles.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
Link to post
Share on other sites

@J2_Bidu
If you are referring to start and end times on the missions tab on the parser, all times are GMT/UTC.

 

IN game / cockpit watch / mission description times are totally independent of server time.

PS Husar is correct.  Smoke and fire are not a load on the server.   Players and AI are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

@J2_Bidu
If you are referring to start and end times on the missions tab on the parser, all times are GMT/UTC.

 

Hmmm, areyou sure about that? I'm at GMT and it's never right for me. For instance, right now it's 15:25 and last mission time is 9:52...

Edited by J2_Bidu
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm positive it can be confusing, because I had to figure this out several times myself, before becoming used to it. 

Using your example, the last mission that was showing had started at 9:52.  Excepting where one side completes the mission objectives and ends the mission prematurely, the missions run three hours.    So, the mission referred to started at 9:52 and ends three hours later at 12:52.  The parser does not display the end time, just the start time of 9:52.  Then the current mission begins.  Lets say it begins 1 minute later at 12:53.   It is not shown on the parser yet because it has not ended and parsed the mission files yet.  It won't show up until 15:53.   It showed up about 28 minutes after your post!  :) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

I'm positive it can be confusing, because I had to figure this out several times myself, before becoming used to it. 

Using your example, the last mission that was showing had started at 9:52.  Excepting where one side completes the mission objectives and ends the mission prematurely, the missions run three hours.    So, the mission referred to started at 9:52 and ends three hours later at 12:52.  The parser does not display the end time, just the start time of 9:52.  Then the current mission begins.  Lets say it begins 1 minute later at 12:53.   It is not shown on the parser yet because it has not ended and parsed the mission files yet.  It won't show up until 15:53.   It showed up about 28 minutes after your post!  :) 

 

 

Lol, ok I get the idea! :) So I just add 6h to the last one shown and that's the next mission start time. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Six hours later is the end time of the second (currently running) mission and the start time of the upcoming next mission!   See, it's easy to get confused!

 

Three hours later would be the start time of the next (currently running) mission.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2020 at 5:44 AM, J5_Baeumer said:

Six hours later is the end time of the second (currently running) mission and the start time of the upcoming next mission!

 

Ah but this is exactly what I wanted to find - when to come back to participate from start. 🥳

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, J2_Bidu said:

 

Probably best answered by the Entente players...?

AGH probably working or sleeping......but you know that's not what I am getting at. Stat settings should be set to an amount of players on both sides before win is counted, this will not affect personal stats that are very important to some. Victories earned in the more populated events are hard fought it is a shame to have them erased by a win like this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NO.20_D_McGoun said:

AGH probably working or sleeping......but you know that's not what I am getting at. Stat settings should be set to an amount of players on both sides before win is counted, this will not affect personal stats that are very important to some. Victories earned in the more populated events are hard fought it is a shame to have them erased by a win like this. 

 

So you're thinking something like the AI dogfight area...? "When [if] there's enough people, targets activate [or target scoring is activated, or mission scoring is activated]".

 

This might work. Intervention on the parser would surely be needed...

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes its a shame there is no provision for setting this in il2_stats {that I can see} as it only can use what the game feeds it, as a result we have to build it in the mission. It seems like both recons have to be done to win by objective so triggering second recon when opposing sides first recon is done might work, or an idea in that direction. Anyways I will be looking at this closer as the stats system for our server is running now but need domain and lots of tuning before I make it public.

Edited by NO.20_D_McGoun
Link to post
Share on other sites

@NO.20_D_McGounSo you think the "war" should only occur on certain days/times convenient to .... who?

 

2 hours ago, NO.20_D_McGoun said:

Stat settings should be set to an amount of players on both sides before win is counted

 

That is currently partially the case, sort of.  The parser can be set to require a certain number of points be scored, and the losing side to be outscored by a certain % OR completion of mission objectives set by the mission builder.    The threshold for Flugpark has been as follows for many months:  Outscoring the other side by 20% or more and scoring a minimum of 500 points (not in game scoring on the top of your screens, but parser points).   This generally means that in order to win a mission by points only, there is a fairly large number of pilots needed to fly for a reasonable period of time.   It does not always work out perfectly however, as you can see below.

mcgoun.thumb.PNG.bd8ed8d0dd13fa667ceea3894f1e93d0.PNG

 

 

mcgoun2.thumb.PNG.0ceca3923933ea09f9bebc05839f7c37.PNG

Edited by J5_Baeumer
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, J5_Baeumer said:

@NO.20_D_McGounSo you think the "war" should only occur on certain days/times convenient to .... who?

 

No please don't get me wrong I enjoy the major events I can attend very much (Thurs/Sun) times are fine but now realize to protect those type of events from the effects of everyday practice is not possible on the same server. There are plenty of hard earned wins on both sides..those 2 entente victories are shallow no doubt but I am looking more at the objective wins. I don't think you will find many for entente there.

 


mcgoun.thumb.PNG.bd8ed8d0dd13fa667ceea3894f1e93d0.PNG

 

 

mcgoun2.thumb.PNG.0ceca3923933ea09f9bebc05839f7c37.PNG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by NO.20_D_McGoun
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

35 minutes ago, NO.20_D_McGoun said:

those 2 entente victories are shallow no doubt but I am looking more at the objective wins. I don't think you will find many for entente there.

 

image.thumb.png.9e4d3ba1b01d14f0b640a459343dc2a6.png

 

 

36 minutes ago, NO.20_D_McGoun said:

I don't think you will find many for entente there.


To my knowledge these are all Europeans.  THEY had time to fly.  Its not like they were any different from other players in Europe who could have come into the server and flown Entente. 

 

image.png.4e5e80248d01e215c3a512228da8f864.png

 

 

I understand you are in the North American Pacific time zone (same as me).   We are in the most sparsely populated timezone because we are "on the other end" of the playing window before the daylight and evening hours disappear over the horizon into the Pacific ocean to reappear in Asia and Russia.  However, there is nothing stopping players from any timezone or side from flying at any time, other than their personal situation and choices.  The "open" server tour is just that.  Its open. Sure, there is a "tour" that runs 3 months.  Kind of like a war.  To everyone all the time.  But its not a formal campaign or event that runs at specific days/times, which is what you seem to prefer.    There is no "campaign" for Sunday nor Thursday nights.  They are simply another night/time that most of us make it a priority to "be there", and so as a result, there are lots of people "there".    I've always felt sympathy for those "down under" whose time zone never fit for flying at all (except for those who want to in the tiny hours of the morning).  

 

Entente Bushwacked Central last month.  It didn't happen only on Thursday and Sundays.   No complaints then from Entente either.  Central got organized and is responding to the challenge by Entente.  Seems like Entente needs to get itself organized as well!  Because after all, its a bloody war up there and it isn't waiting for any of us!

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, J5_Baeumer said:

Entente Bushwacked Central last month.  It didn't happen only on Thursday and Sundays.   No complaints then from Entente either.  Central got organized and is responding to the challenge by Entente.  Seems like Entente needs to get itself organized as well!  Because after all, its a bloody war up there and it isn't waiting for any of us!

 

 

 

Agreed cant ask them to wait for opposing team to show play on.........we don't need to organize as much as we need to live in flugpark🤪 when its empty is best lmao

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NO.20_D_McGoun said:

Agreed cant ask them to wait for opposing team to show play on.........we don't need to organize as much as we need to live in flugpark🤪 when its empty is best

 

Especially if you are flying a two-seater ;).

Link to post
Share on other sites

The best of all solutions is if the game were fixed and expanded such that the player base would rise enough to provide more hotly contested missions every night. People buying on-sale and coming from WW2 often view it as an aside to be played maybe once per week because of the limited map and plane set. And then there's the control loss and damage model that frustrates many players in general. I can see making an uncontested mission fall into a "practice" category for stats purposes, and if possible that's a fine idea. But it's kind of a bandaid that assumes sharply limited playership. Ideally, the game would improve and the "rising tide lifts all boats" for us.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 6:55 PM, US28_Baer said:

New maps!

No chance to fly them yet but look like similar to the earlier Arras set with addition of new target types and locations I think. Those recons look a looong way back!

 

They are way back but I much prefer the way the recons are, their not over any air fields and no flak attacking you as you do the recon giving you away.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

They are way back but I much prefer the way the recons are, their not over any air fields and no flak attacking you as you do the recon giving you away.  

I guess that works both ways.  So it'll be hard to find them over our side too

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lens missions updated and placed back into rotation with updated Bapaume missions.   There are some new immersion and functional features we aren't telling you about, so enjoy discovering them.   Thanks as always goes to @J99_Sizzlorr for his creativity, attention to detail, and emphasis on continuous improvement of the player experience.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...